Miami port-South Beach area Marriotts pre-cruise

rere101399

DISmom
We’re looking to stay on the beach the night before our cruise out of Miami. I’ve seen a lot of threads about hotel partners with DCL, or hotels near the airport. But we would specifically like to stay on the beach, and prefer to book with Marriott points so I’m looking for some different feedback than I’ve seen on previous threads.

I’m zeroing in on the South beach area just because it seems like the closest beach hotels we can get to the port and after looking at morning traffic in Miami I’m thinking we’d like to be as close as possible to the port. I’m looking at the the Ritz in Key Biscayne, the Ritz in South Beach and the Stanton Marriott in South Beach. All seem to have poor/underwhelming reviews for their class category, and they seem to have double beds instead of queens which are both big negatives for us. But I really would like to be 20ish minutes or less from the port, and on the beach. I was originally looking in the Hollywood beach area because the Marriott properties there seem to have much better reviews, but in looking at the morning traffic it appears the drive time to the port from Hollywood quickly goes from 30 minutes to over an hour. Anyone have feedback on one of these hotels, or recommend another Marriott property that is oceanfront and near the port?

the Marriott vacation club pulse south beach has king studios and suites. You don’t have to be a vacation club owner and can book it like a hotel. It has pretty good reviews on trip advisor
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach
1410 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach 33139

The Ritz in Key Biscayne is lovely but not close to the port and it’s dead quiet. You eat on property or you don’t eat. (I mean, not really, but it felt that way when I stayed there.) South Beach is fun and is where we typically stay before/after a cruise. Super short ride to the port, so much to see and do within walking distance, many restaurants, and a great beach.

The Mandarin oriental on Brikell key and the W Miami are 15 minutes from port and there’s lots to eat on the Brikell area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter