Miami hotels - Hyatt House also Day hotels

NeverSayNever

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt House in Miami? Looking for feedback good, bad, or indifferent.

Also we will have a late flight on day of disembarkation. Does anyone know of any respectable hotels that have day rates similiar to the hotel at MCO ?

If you book transport through Disney and have late departure how early do you get to the airport?

THANKS in advance,

Neversaynever

I can answer about the Hyatt House - Airport location.

We stayed there one night earlier in the year. We arrived mid week. They picked us up from the airport. After we got checked in and put our luggage into the room (pretty nice) we went downstairs for the "reception" They had free beer, wine and soda. Soup, Veggies, and some other "heavy appetizers". Was plenty for us for dinner!

I would stay there again for an overnight visit. If i was staying longer, I would look for a hotel on the coast.

Thanks!

It looks like we will be arriving late afternoon and it's just an overnight till we board the next morning and the price seemed reasonable considering the free breakfast etc.

Can you tell me did you take a taxi to port - was it pricey - efficient? Also, is there anything right there if we did not want to eat at the "reception" or got there late?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated!

Never Say Never

We took the shuttle back to the airport and used DCL transportation to the ship. We like it. Others like some of the "less expensive" options. There was only 2 of us, so we didn't mind the $50 total, and we got in the Disney Spirit earlier.

Saw a couple of places to eat, but we didn't "go any farther" than the hotel, so we only saw the route in and out. Looked like several hotels in the area, so there must be some restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter