• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MGM Counter Service after 5pm

Mikelly1221

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are arriving September 5 and will be going to MGM mid to late afternoon of that day. We were wanting to see the parade and maybe see Fantasmic, but we were wanting to grab fast food (hot dog, hamburger, etc.) and sit and eat while waiting for Fantasmic to start. I've been reading about early restaurant closings and I don't want to get there and have nowhere to eat, esp. with 2 small children. Any suggestions? We don't really want to do the Dinner Pkg. Thanks! :D

I think you may be fine until 6 p.m. -- that's when the Backlot and Pizza Planet were closing in June. ABC Commissary was open later.

In June, we had great hot dogs from this little stand on Sunset Blvd., just down from the Fantasmic entrance. They were huge and really good, with or without chilli. They also sold turkey legs and baked potatoes.

While I like the dogs at Casey's, I don't particularly like the dogs in Fantasmic. What we usually do when we go to Fantasmic is we grab something in the Farmer's Market area - there are several stands with so many choices. We were there last December and it was cool at night so the hot baked potatoe and a side salad worked just fine. In the same are they have burgers, dogs, fries, turkey legs, pizza - something for everyone. By eating and waiting it passes the time quickly, especially since they no longer have entertainment. It's also fun just to watch people. Have fun!

Thanks for all the replies-it helps a lot! What time do the food stands on Sunset Blvd. close? I remember them closing pretty early- are they open as late as 5pm or 6pm?

We have tried all of these and always found something to eat that was good and quick.

ABC Commissary
Back Lot Express
Studio Catering Company
Toy Story Pizza Planet

I prefer the fare at the counter service restaurants to most of the sitdown sites at MGM. Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter