• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mexican Food other than WS?

debster

Mouseketeer
We love eating in Mexico when we visit Epcot but I was wondering if there were any other on-site Mexican restaurants?

Of corse the sit down and counter service at Epcot. Then at MK, in front of POC. I like the taco salad there. its called el pico I think. At Coronado Springs resort the sit down offers some latin/spanish foods. the counter place has your tacos, and taco salad.

As for nachos, I like them at WC at the wilderness lodge the best. the chili and cheese is very good there.

Across from POC is called El pirata y el perico. I really liked their empanadas and chips and salsa.

Across from POC is called El pirata y el perico.

Wow, I was way off. I wonder where I got "el pico" from?

ps. I see you are a Marshall girl, I went to Mars Hill in the early '90's

No kidding? I live about 3 miles from the school-well, when I'm at my parents house anyway. I spent most of the late 90s hanging out there. When I was in high school I had a friend there, so I was always with her...I'm trying to think if I would know anybody there during your time. I probably do. Were any locals in your classes?

I was at MH from 91-93. I have already let most of the names of classmates slip away from memory. Just a few of my friends do I remember, but we all went our seperate ways and have lost touch in 1994.

I worked for Young Life, at Windy Gap, and a leader at N. Buncombe. Is that where you went to school? That might have been more Weaverville. Anyway, if you did, and you came to YL during that time, I was Wayne, in the Waynes world skits, and I worked the GO karts at Windy Gap. You just might not know what I am even talking about. I spent more time working at the camp (Windy Gap) than I did on campus.

I really wish I could remember more things and people, but I got married in 1995 and that is about how far back I can go.

Nah I wasn't at NB and didn't do YL. At the time my church had a really good youth group...Although I was probably too young for it then...I would've been between 9 and 11...

I don't believe there are anymore on-site Mexican restaurants. But, Chevy's is right outside the property - at the Downtown Disney entrance. Also, Bongos is at DTD but that's Cuban. Never tried it - never heard anything particularly good about it.

PamNC

Another vote for Pepper Market at the Coronado Springs. They have several stations of different types of food (Italian, Chinese, etc.) and there is a station that serves nachos, burritos, quesadilla's, etc. And you choose your toppings before they make it.

Go go Deb's site and check the menu. It is on my list of restaurants for our upcoming trip.

With the variety, there is always something for everyone, even chicken fingers and burgers. And they have smoothies, soft serve ice cream, a variety of fruit and desserts too.

A great pick, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter