Metal Tray "Environmentally Friendly Initiative" @ All-Star Music And All-Star Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have made it up for the customer and handed them a cup of hot chocolate, not hot water. Or they could have shut down sales on hot chocolate and advised them to go to another location to buy it.

Yeah, I posted that. They should have mixed it, but Cast Member probably wasn't thinking.

Were you there, did they not tell the customer that it was not working and that they would be getting a mix? I was not there, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that they told customer it wasn't working and customer wanted anyways..

If they didn't, then I stand corrected. :)

Because once they have eliminated everything needed to enjoy a meal: plates, straws, napkins as thin as tissue paper, cups, bowls and they have no other way to cut the cost of serving you a meal it will be the quality of the food itself that will suffer. They will continue to give you more for less (not try to, succeed at doing it) which will make me question the quality of the food as well as the quality of the staff that serves it. When will it be to much? When thier frozen burgers are $25 and they have decided the paper doesn't need wax. It bothers us not because of the way the food is presented, it bothers us because due to experience some of us have (I have been going to Disney since the 1980's, more than twenty something trips. On property food plan and all that stuff) we have watched the experience become more and more cheapened while the prices go up every year (yeah yeah prices go up we all know that). But this was started as an entertainment business and has now turned into a corporation that is only concerned with how to get your money (who cares if quality goes down, who cares that the parks are dirtier than ever, who cares if lartge portions of some of the parks are in disrepair, who cares if there are less cast members to ask for help, who cares if they continually shorten the hours for Magic Hours, who cares that they oversell Halloween and Christmas to the point that you can barely get on a ride after paying a special premium price etc......)

We as consumers have to draw a line in the sand. We will refuse to keep paying more and getting less!

Maybe your incredibly wealthy, maybe you won lotto I don't know. But for a lot of us who work very hard for our money when we plunk down 7 maybe 8 or 9 thousand dollars for a vacation we expect, no demand, more. Period!!! If I am going to pay a premium price for an experience, I demabnd a premium experience. I can eat from a cardboard box for 5$ at a burger joint in my town. But if I am going to pay the price of admission to a Disney park I don't expect to pay $17.00 for a burger on wax paper. It's just TACKY

I haven’t won the lottery ... yet. I just understand that this is a nationwide trend in casual food service that is such a non-issue there is no point in spending one iota of my energy caring about it, let alone spinning slippery-slope yarns about a metal tray being one step away from people throwing loose sandwiches or orders of spaghetti and meatballs in your face. Losing cups must not be far behind. Everyone is just expected to line up and drink straight from the soda fountain, I guess.

It’s a freaking paper plate. I’d urge you to devote your energy to things that actually matter in life. Or, if this is truly the breaking point for you (sure, I guess), vote with your dollars.

About 20 years ago, we were at disney and it was cold. We were in the park at some stand like the popcorn stand at the main hub in MK. The hot cocoa dispenser was broken. They were handing out cups of hot water and packets of dry mix for the same cost as the premixed stuff. So here we are with gloves and stuff needing to finding a ledge to open up cups of water to stir in the powder which we probably lost 10% of it to the wind. Yeah, we got the hot cocoa, but the presentation was really lacking. I feel the same way with the trays.

Asking you to literally make your own food is SO wildly different compared to this. Come on.

I haven’t won the lottery ... yet. I just understand that this is a nationwide trend in casual food service that is such a non-issue there is no point in spending one iota of my energy caring about it, let alone spinning slippery-slope yarns about a metal tray being one step away from people throwing loose sandwiches or orders of spaghetti and meatballs in your face. Losing cups must not be far behind. Everyone is just expected to line up and drink straight from the soda fountain, I guess.

It’s a freaking paper plate. I’d urge you to devote your energy to things that actually matter in life. Or, if this is truly the breaking point for you (sure, I guess), vote with your dollars.

The image of spaghetti and meatballs flying at guests just made me literally LOL :duck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter