Menus and Young "Adults"

nikmasteed

Mouseketeer
Our daughters are now 14 and 10, so "adults" as opposed to our last trip 4.5 years ago. They are both fairly picky, DD10 is VERY picky. A bit concerned about what they are going to eat in some of these restaurants-- we really love Table Service at WDW so it's a big part of our trips.

I can come to grips with paying more and them not eating full value (I'll TRY to remember to order less for myself so I can eat some of theirs!), I just want them to be able to eat SOMETHING. I've read other posts that adults ordering off the kids menu is not a problem, so I think we'll be okay but any that I should just avoid? Interested in particular about some of the newer options:

*Space 220 (will try for the very hard to get Lounge, seems like a better shot)
*Storybook at Artists Point
*Sebastians Bistro (staying at CBR but the options in the family style don't seem conducive, probably will skip for the kids at least)
*Topilino (I'm assuming breakfast options will be fine if we can get the res)
*Steakhouse 71

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience

The prix fixe restaurants - Space 220 restaurant, Storybook, Sebastian’s, Topolino’s - will require you to pay full adult price for each of you, no matter how much or little they eat and whether the kids order from the kids’ menu or not. Steakhouse 71 is the only one that’s a la carte. If you can get Space 220 lounge, each person can choose to order the (entire) prix fixe meal or from the lounge menu, which is a la carte.

Most not all- I remember Tutto Italia, Via Napoli & the Plaza would not allow us to order off kids menu for kids over 9
It seems like the restaurants in Italy and Mexico won't allow adults to order off the kids menu. I believe they're owned by the same outside company.

Italy's restaurants are owned by Patina Group, Mexico's by Palmas Restaurant Group. Palmas was specifically set up to run the restaurants in Epcot Mexico and at the Coronado Springs Resort (except for Grand Destino Tower which is some other group). Patina runs restaurants in NY, NJ, CA and Japan as well as Florida.

Picky means different things to different people.

Mine are picky in that they won't eat chicken tenders or basically anything on a kids menu 🤦‍♀️

Steakhouse 71 will probably be the easiest place to find something. A) they can probably order off the kids menu B) they can probably make a meal out of appetizers or something.

We ate at Be Our Guest a couple of weeks ago and my 16yr old was able to order off of the kids menu. It was the adult price, but they brought her out a larger portion of each item. There was a child (maybe 8) at the table next to us who ordered the exact same thing as my daughter, so it was interesting to see a comparison of the teen version vs the true child version. Our server was not surprised at all by our request for her to order from the kid's menu, so I would assume it happens there all the time. I know you didn't specifically mention BOG, but just wanted to share our experience.

Thanks all! Some of those mentioned in your responses (Be Our Guest and Via Napoli) are also ones we are considering. I appreciate the insight on the types of places where ordering off the kids menu for our kids' ages might and might not be allowed.

Thanks all! Some of those mentioned in your responses (Be Our Guest and Via Napoli) are also ones we are considering. I appreciate the insight on the types of places where ordering off the kids menu for our kids' ages might and might not be allowed.

Your best bet may be to pick TS ala carte places and have your daughters share an adult meal or stick to an app, dessert, or side for their main meal. Or to order a couple dishes for everyone and eat family style.

It will probably be the easiest on you at TS, since Covid policies have tightened kid ordering at kid prices everywhere TS.

Came looking for this thread ... we have a 15 yr old who also falls into the the chicken finger / mac & cheese bucket (maybe one day her taste buds will mature!).
I'm just starting with the dinning reservations, we've go the favs of Garden Grill and Whispering Canyon booked - any other recommendations where Miss Picky may be happy? Open to any location (park or resort). Where has your picky teen been happy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter