Memory Maker Pictures

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by have2getaway, Jul 19, 2017.

1. have2getaway

have2getaway DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if I'm posting this on the right threat. We paid for the Memory Maker on our trip to Disney in January and paid for the disc with pics, which included the disc of Disney photos. The copyright indicated it could be used for personal but not commercial use. my question is, can I use the Disney pictures on my personal Facebook page?

2. MrsIncredible725

MrsIncredible725 Earning My Ears

I have always posted my Memory Maker photos on Facebook, and I've never been told it wasn't okay. Once you pay for them you own them, right? I think commercial use is if you were somehow making money off of them.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. jenushkask8s

jenushkask8s Stitch Fanatic

I have always put all of my MM photos on my Facebook page and used some of them as my profile picture and/or cover photo.

5. BizzyDisneyB33

BizzyDisneyB33 Earning My Ears

Was the memory maker worth it? Does it come with character/designed borders?

6. have2getaway

have2getaway DIS Veteran

It was very worth it. We spent extra and ordered the DVD, which included Disney photos of the parks.

7. Suejacken

Suejacken Earning My Ears

I thought it was totally worth it when we went 2 years ago. The ride pictures and Chef Mickey pictures alone made it cost effective

8. Katlaf35

Katlaf35 Earning My Ears

I definitely think memory maker is worth it. We purchase it every year we go. We love having all the ride pics. Tower of Terror and Mine Train even have mini video clips from your ride that are included with your Memory Maker purchase. When a cast member takes your photo in the park, be sure to ask them if they have any magic shots to add to your photo. They may just be able to add a special character or prop in your photo...When you go to download and save your pics from the Photo Pass website, they also have border and sticker options you can add to make your photos extra special.

9. Rapunzeland

Rapunzeland Earning My Ears

you should be okay I'd err on the side of caution on putting them on a business page on FB tho

10. alyak

alyak Earning My Ears

The Memory Maker is one of my favorite parts of going to Disney. You get professional family photos as a keepsake to look back on when your Disney trip is over and it's back to reality. We have a tradition to always get a picture in front of the tree at The Grand Floridian right before dinner and on Main Street. I prefer these photos for christmas cards and pictures around the house compared to setting up a photographer outside of Disney and having to coordinate the day, place and time plus the pricing. But maybe I'm just lazy haha. So to summarize, definitely worth it in my opinion!

11. cuteandfluffy626

cuteandfluffy626 Mouseketeer

"Commercial use" pretty much means don't sell these photos Disney took of you, or use them somehow to make a profit. Your Facebook page is considered personal use.