Memory foam mattress?

missnic

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a memory foam mattress? We're considering purchasing one, but have never used one. Costco has a pretty good deal on one right now, plus it's Costco so we can return it if it's awful.. but just looking for some reviews on them in general. Thanks!

Probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of memory foam mattresses. I tend to flop around a bit and don't like the way you create a hole in one spot then feel like you are rolling back into it when you turn over.

We got a king size cooling memory foam mattress about a month ago from Amazon. Less than $300. It is a little firmer than we’re used to but we added a mattress topper for some extra cushion. Love it so far!

Thanks guys. I think we're going to try it. Worst case we pack it back up and return it. lol

I LOVE my brother's Tempurpedic, and my mom had one that I thought was wonderful as well. That said, I bought a memory foam mattress at Costco several years ago (Sealy, I think?) for about $500. It was fine for a couple years, then developed an area that was softer than the rest which caused me to sink into it. It was like it developed a pit that was hard to roll out of. Went from pretty good (but not as good as the Temperpedics, imo) to awful. I could have returned it, but I would have felt guilty doing that since I did sleep on it for a couple years. Not all memory foam mattresses are equal. I like the ones that are a little stiff/firm, but ymmv.

We are back on a spring mattress, btw. I'd prefer a Tempurpedic, but the cost is more than I'm willing to spend right now.

I bought a TempurPedic back when they only had one type... it was almost 20 years ago, and still is in wonderful shape, with no indentations or problems, so you definitely get what you pay for.

I used to have shoulder and hip pain ever morning, and from about 2 days after I got this mattress, the pain has been gone ever since.

If this mattress ever starts having problems, I'll definitely be getting another Tempur-Pedic, but I'll have to research them, cause I have no idea how mine would compare the new options out there now, in terms of firmness, etc.

I bought a Novaform 14" mattress from Costco about three years ago. It was right around $400.00, and I love it.

Probably in the minority here but I'm not a fan of memory foam mattresses. I tend to flop around a bit and don't like the way you create a hole in one spot then feel like you are rolling back into it when you turn over.

We have one mattress that does this and one that doesn't. Love the one that doesn't and hate the one that does.

we have a Serta Icomfort for todays times Hybrid as they make both now.. when we bought it over 5 years ago it was hybrid only traditional spring with Memory foam and cooling foam. It was pricey but I can say after over 6 years (maybe over 7 can not recall exact year) it still feels and looks as good as the day we bought it. It is great in the summer as the cooling does work well and we never wake up in a sweat however in the winter it can take a while to warm up and you feel the cooling foam when you first get into bed... From what I have read just memory foam mattresses break down over time due to body heat but in the end if you are paying a low amount (by todays standards very low) you can easily replace it every 5 years without feeling you didn't get your monies worth. Back story we bought a Sealy pillow top from than Sleepy's that lasted us less than 5 years before we tossed it... we paid a little under 800 during their amazing 50% off sale plus got a couple of freebies... and a lot of people had issues with this mattress... Warranty... sure... read the fine print.. even IF approved it would of cost about 550 with shipping and processing fees. Back then memory foam in a box was not around... so we paid up for a good mattress and have no regrets but if I did it today I would stick on the lower end mattress in a box and toss it every 4 or 5 years. I could easily buy 4 to 6 Mattresses for what people paid above for what I paid for the one we have.

I have Tempurpedic for over 15 years and still loved it. At first I thought it was too soft but not really. It supports my back better. Also, when weather is colder, the mattress firmed up. I like the fact that I never have to flip it back and forth. It maintained its shape.
Back in the days, if you sign up for email on their website, they'll email discounts and free shipping. I saved over 200 bucks for delivery costs.

We bought a Tuft and Needle Mint mattress about 5 months ago -- it's absolutely wonderful!

But if you're interested -- buy through their website, not on Amazon. According to the reviews I read, it's much, much easier to deal with their 100-night sleep trial if you buy directly from T&N.

I bought a Novaform 14" mattress from Costco about three years ago. It was right around $400.00, and I love it.

That is what we bought. So far so good. It's comfy, and doesn't seem too hot.

Our old one was a normal spring/pillowtop, only about 5 years old but DH isn't comfortable anymore on it. And yeah, with costs on these things coming way down, I don't mind replacing it more often if necessary.

We love our Memory Foam mattress from Costco. It's as comfortable today as when it was new and we've had it for years. Just can't remember exactly when we bought it. We like it so much we put one in our guestroom as well. I think they have them as coupon deals right now, but even at full price they're a great deal.

Tempurpedic is still the way to go IMO, will save you in the long run because they last forever. We have actually have 6 of them in our house b/c I love them so much I had to get them for our kids and guests

I bought a really pricey one about 8 years ago. It's in excellent shape, is superbly comfortable, but it makes me sweat!! It's not bad in the winter but in summer, DH and I both get sweaty. We didn't realize for a long time it was the mattress, lol. We thought it was middle age :D

Does anyone have a memory foam mattress? We're considering purchasing one, but have never used one. Costco has a pretty good deal on one right now, plus it's Costco so we can return it if it's awful.. but just looking for some reviews on them in general. Thanks!
We sleep on a Tempurpedic and LOVE it. The only problem is that when we sleep in hotels, we have a hard time acclimating to a normal mattress. The mattresses at the Polynesian are the best non-memory foam mattresses we have slept on.

We sleep on a Tempurpedic and LOVE it. The only problem is that when we sleep in hotels, we have a hard time acclimating to a normal mattress. The mattresses at the Polynesian are the best non-memory foam mattresses we have slept on.

Omg yes. We've had the new mattress for a week, but we're at Disney this weekend (off site, poly was 2 weeks ago :( ) and we are having a hard time with the hotel mattresses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter