Memories of the DREAM come true ….. 08/09 All 30 days done!

Drat, it seems my Dismeet luck isn't working for this trip!:sad2:

At least you will get to meet Karin & Tom!:cheer2:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Doris, we met on a cruise in 2010! We were seated at the same table and in conversation found out that we both were on the DISboards. :lmao:
We are going on a 7 day Fantasy cruise together next year. :woohoo:

Enjoyed the Update especially Bubba Gumps as we plan on eating there next month!! I wish you could make ressies but you can't and 10 people could be a problem !!! I do have ressies for Mythos for lunch already though !!!

I am sure you are going to enjoy Bubba. Be warned it can get a little loud in there, but it is so much fun and the food is really good. :thumbsup2
After a sub par visit to Mythos we have not been in a few years, so I cannot wait to hear what you think about it. :goodvibes

Day 28, September 9

The best kept Disney secret …….. - Part 1

Our last full day at Disney had dawned. We had breakfast out of the fridge, took our time to do some more packing and headed out around 10 to drive over to Fort Wilderness to see if we could meet with Carol and Gary on our third try.

IMG_2683.jpg

We parked our car in front of their trailer, went up to the door and knocked.
The dogs went wild and it didn’t take long at all and Gary opened the door. We had met Gary and Carol in 2008, during a meet of the Tagrel group and we had cruised together in 2009, so we had lots to catch up on.
Carol was at Downtown Disney at a pin trading event, and while we were sorry to have missed her, we had a lot of fun with Gary and the dogs. We got to see all of their moving home and shared lots of laughter and stories.

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

About an hour later we had to say our goodbyes as we wanted to pick up a picture frame for our friends Stefy and Dave, who were to arrive at the Polynesian Resort for their honeymoon a few days later.
We parked the car and walked up to the store on the ground floor, but didn’t find what we wanted. So we walked past the DVC desk and towards the staircase leading up, when we were approached by the DVC guide and asked if we were members.
We told him we were not and we exchanged a few sentences. He ended up offering us a 100$ gift card if we signed up for a DVC presentation in the afternoon. And since I had always wanted to do the presentation we decided to take him up on the offer and signed up. ;)
But first we needed to find that frame. The shop on the upper level didn’t have it either and when we asked the CM there about it, she said that she was sure it was sold at the Grand Floridian.
We didn’t have too much time, so we headed to the Monorail and rode over to the Grand Floridian. Low and behold they had the frame and while we were still discussing if the boat would be quicker, one of the CMs explained that we even could walk back to the Polynesian. We were handed a map and off we went. It was a brisk 10 minute walk back to the hotel, where we walked right to guest services and asked them to place the frame in their room.
All in all it took about 5 minutes and we were all set. We headed back to our car in the parking lot and were on our way over to Downtown Disney to meet Teresa and Mick for lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s Express.
We were right on time when we arrived at the restaurant and we walked inside to see if they were already there, but no they were not. We waited outside for a while and since it was pretty hot outside we decided to head inside, place our order and wait for them in the air conditioned environment. We sat at one of the tables right next to the open kitchen and our food came out promptly. I had ordered the Crispy Chicken Tenders & French Fries

IMG_2686.jpg

for my entree and Tom had ordered the Barbequed Chicken Pizza,

IMG_2687.jpg

succulent roasted chicken, red onion, cilantro, tomatoes and smokey BBQ sauce. We were happily munching our food, when we saw Teresa and Mick come through the door.
They placed their order and in no time we were all sitting around the table having fun. After exchanging gifts we all enjoyed our lunch and caught up on what was going on in each others’ lives. All too soon it was time to say goodbye again as they had plans for the afternoon and we were already late for our DVC presentation.

To be continued ..........

Karin I was so sorry were late that day but flying into MCO, taking the ME to CSR and we didn't wait for bell services since they were busy, took our bags to our room and headed straight to the bus stop to go to DTD so we could meet you at WPE, I was so worried you wouldn't be waiting. But I should have know you would be! We were so happy to see you and Tom, just like family we hadn't seen in a year! At least this year we planned more time with you, I am so excited!

Karin I was so sorry were late that day but flying into MCO, taking the ME to CSR and we didn't wait for bell services since they were busy, took our bags to our room and headed straight to the bus stop to go to DTD so we could meet you at WPE, I was so worried you wouldn't be waiting. But I should have know you would be! We were so happy to see you and Tom, just like family we hadn't seen in a year! At least this year we planned more time with you, I am so excited!

Teri, we knew it was your arrival day, so no problem waiting .... not just in the hot sun outside. ;) ... and I had chosen my seat so I could have a look towards the door! :thumbsup2
Can't wait for our next get together, even though this next vacation has really crept up on me without me even noticing .... :rotfl2:
I have A LOT to get ready before we leave on Saturday! :goodvibes

I bet I am thinking that you can't drive back to Hoop Dee doo, etc, so maybe that is why I just assumed you can drive back there.
Who knows really where I got that idea. :rotfl2:

Another great Dis meet!
I know how this DVC presentation ends! :thumbsup2

I bet I am thinking that you can't drive back to Hoop Dee doo, etc, so maybe that is why I just assumed you can drive back there.
Who knows really where I got that idea. :rotfl2:

Another great Dis meet!
I know how this DVC presentation ends! :thumbsup2

You are right on not being able to drive to the restaurants, Jen! :thumbsup2 We found that one out lateron. :rotfl2:

Teresa and Mick are the most wonderful people! We are both so happy to be spending time with them again this summer and most of all to be cruising with them in 2013! :cloud9:
Hm, how would you guess how that presentation ended? :rotfl2:

Day 28, September 9

The best kept Disney secret …….. - Part 2

All too soon it was time to say goodbye again as they had plans for the afternoon and we were already late for our DVC presentation.
When we finally arrived at the meeting point we were seriously late and were ready to tell them that we would just cancel. But since they were willing to set up another transport and we still had time we went back and asked Teresa and Mick if they wanted to come along.
We found them close to Wolfgang Puck's and they were willing to join us, so this was even more exciting for us. Once we had gone back to the DVC desk we were then taken to a Minivan and taken to the Saratoga Springs Resort for our presentation.
It took a lot longer than we had initially been told, but the longer we thought about it, the more it made sense for us and since we had a little money to spend we took the plunge and joined. :dance3:
And so, while Mick and Teresa were enjoying their ice-cream we were taken back to Old Key West to pick up our passports to finalize the purchase. We had had a reservation for that night and actually had wanted to go to Extra Magic Hours at Epcot, but with spending nearly the whole afternoon at the presentation and becoming members this was not likely to happen. So after we had signed our contract and became DVC members, we were given our folder and a huge bag to carry it in and then we were handed 12 DVC Fastpasses which we were to use the next day. Once everything was over and done with we were taken back to Old Key West.
After we got over the initial “shock” of becoming a DVC member

IMG_2731.jpg

we knew what we had to do. Pack up our things to check out the next morning. We already had done quite a bit of packing, but to fit it all in required a bit more repacking and then there was still the Owner’s Locker box to take care of. At around 9pm we had finally finished our task and we were both hungry and ready to have dinner.
We thought about where to eat and then decided to just venture offsite and head over to Denny’s for some comfort food. We were quickly seated and handed a menu, our drinks order was taken and we were ready to order. Right after we had ordered we knew that we had made a mistake in ordering an appetizer, but we really had wanted to “splurge”. When our appetizer was served we were sure we would not be able to finish our dinner, but we were in such a good mood that we just tucked into the Sampler,

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

spicy, golden brown breaded chicken strips, Mozzarella cheese sticks and crispy onion rings served with two dipping sauces. They were all delicious but our main courses were served a mere 2 minutes later. Tom had ordered the Western Burger,

IMG_2736.jpg

tangy steak sauce drizzled over Onion Tangler and melted Swiss cheese, served with lettuce, tomato and red onions and a side of wavy-cut French fries, while I had ordered the Bacon Cheddar Burger,

IMG_2734.jpg

a classic burger topped with crisp bacon and Cheddar cheese, served with lettuce, tomato, pickles and red onions and a side of wavy-cut French fries. Since we had everything on the table at the same time, we ate bits and pieces of everything until we were so full that we could not eat another bite. They offered to box up the rest for us, but we knew there was no way we would finish it, so we told them that we didn’t want it.
At around 10.30 we returned home to Old Key West, finished off a few of the drinks that were still in the fridge. I had a Mickey coconut patty

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

and we sat and discussed that day’s events. Then it was sadly time for the last sleep in our home away from home.

I am so happy for you and Tom to be able to take advantage of the DVC. I love those chocolat and coconut Mickeys! I always get a box when I'm there.

Yah !!For DVC owners !!!

Can't believe it took us so long to do it! :goodvibes

Yahoo..Congrats again!

Thanks, Jen! I love juggling with my points in between stays! :rotfl2:

I am so happy for you and Tom to be able to take advantage of the DVC. I love those chocolat and coconut Mickeys! I always get a box when I'm there.

And we are soooooooo grateful for you two coming along and spending the afternoon with us at the presentation. :thumbsup2
These coconut Mickeys are just so yummy! I love them - took home a bunch in February when it was less hot, but in the summer ..... :worried:

So great you were able to join DVC! Congratulations!

I just those coconut patties, so delish!

I can't believe we didn't see the value earlier. And we loved to be able to stay at BLT last February! It's going to pay for part of our OKW stay this year as well, need to save some points for next year, as we want to do a triple split stay at DVC next summer. :thumbsup2

Day 29, September 10

How many rides can you fit into half a day? - Part 1

Our last morning at WDW had dawned. We crawled out of bed, got ready, checked the villa for forgotten items and then hauled everything down to our car.
We made a short stop at bell services to store our luggage until we had to drive to the airport and to drop off our Owner’s Locker. And then we were on our way

IMG_2740.jpg

to the Contemporary Resort for breakfast at The Wave. Once there we signed in for our reservation and were led to our table straight away. A server was at the table within 30 seconds and handed us the menu and explained that there was a buffet as well.
We both ordered some orange juice and some coffee and tea,

IMG_2758.jpg

studied the menu and after having a look at the buffet we decided to give it a try. Once our drinks had arrived we headed over to the buffet and found lots of yummy things for breakfast.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2753-1.jpg

Tom started with a bagel with whipped cream cheese, some smoked salmon and some tomatoes, cucumbers and hard boiled eggs.

IMG_2756.jpg

My plate had scrambled eggs, bacon, some whole wheat bread, cheesy grits with bacon, breakfast potatoes and an egg Benedict.

IMG_2757-1.jpg

All of those things were wonderful, hot and tasty. Needless to say we both needed to go back for seconds. Tom filled his second plate with exactly the same things I had had

IMG_2761.jpg

and I wanted to finish with something sweet.

IMG_2762-1.jpg

So I tried some strawberry yogurt, some canned peaches and wonderful, soft bread pudding with cinnamon. We were stuffed. After settling the bill we wobbled over to the Magic Kingdom. When we arrived we were greeted by the Main Street Trolley singers and dancers

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

and we stopped and watched them. There was one thing we had not done during our whole stay, so today we tried to fit it all in. Now that missed ride was the train ride and we walked up and went right on the train.

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

There were only a few people in line and we just walked onto the first train that arrived. It was fun riding a circle and a “bit” as after the full circle we stayed on until the Frontierland station where we got off, picked up fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and then went straight for Pirates of the Caribbean which was a walk on and the Jungle Cruise,

IMG_2777.jpg

which was another walk on.

Day 29, September 10

How many rides can you fit into half a day? - Part 2

It was fun riding a circle and a “bit” as after the full circle we stayed on until the Frontierland station where we got off, picked up fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and then went straight for Pirates of the Caribbean which was a walk on and the Jungle Cruise, which was another walk on.
We then crossed the park and picked up another fast pass for Spacemountain. Now let me explain. When we bought DVC we were given 12 special fast passes which would give us “immediate” entry fast passes. We used the first one for Space Mountain. So, fast pass in hand we went right in line and onto the ride which was a lot of fun. Our next stop was a fun ride on the Peoplemover where we planned out our next few rides. And when we walked through Tomorrowland, I spotted a familiar face. Someone I had been exchanging messages with on the DISboards. I wasn’t 100% sure it was her, but this was Disney and it could not hurt to ask. So I walked over and asked her if she was LHarper from the DISboards. And yes, it was her. We talked for a short while, then took some photos

IMG_2779.jpg

and we both were off again. We had a little time to kill until our Fast Pass was good, so we went a little window shopping on Main Street and then took the Railroad again to Frontierland.

IMG_2799.jpg

Now there was a longer queue and we headed into the fast pass line to ride our favourite mine train.

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

When we were done we walked over to Peter Pan to ride it with one of our special fast passes and to pick up another regular fast pass.

IMG_2796.jpg

Back we went to ride the mine train five more times in a row, using up regular fast passes and our DVC ones. It was now past 2pm and we decided to head over to Columbia Harbour House to have some lunch. The restaurant was nice and quiet, we went in line, ordered our lunch and went upstairs to enjoy our meal. We had decided to share a Lobster roll,

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

which was served with Chips and a Fried Shrimp Basket,

IMG_2821.jpg

which was served with cole slaw and French Fries. Both were pretty nice and we sat by the window and watched people going their merry ways. After we had finished our lunch we went back to Big Thunder for one last ride on our favourite ride

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

and then hurried back to use up the last one of our fast passes for Peter Pan.

IMG_2822.jpg

Once we got off the ride it was high time to head out of the park and finally head towards the airport. One last look back at the castle, promising to be back in half a year and off we went.

Day 29, September 10

How many rides can you fit into half a day? - Part 3

One last look back at the castle, promising to be back in half a year and off we went.
Our next stop was Old Key West where we got changed and then picked up our luggage.

IMG_2828.jpg

Luggage all stowed in the car we headed over to Downtown Disney. Our last Disney meal is usually at Wolfgang Puck’s Express, but we were still too full from lunch so we decided to get some take away and have it at the airport. Last purchases finally done we got into the car and off we were to the airport.
Traffic was light and there were no problems on the freeway and in no time we pulled into the rental car return lot. We emptied the car, and started hauling all our stuff over to check in. Luckily enough we had done online check in and there were only a few people ahead of us, so check in was going sweet and short and we headed off to explore the airport stores.
After going through some of them we picked up two Diet Cokes and found a table to enjoy our take-away lunch. We had picked up a Pesto Chicken Salad , filled with lots of chicken tossed in basil pesto, romaine, plum tomatoes and served with a side of chips and a Warm Turkey Melt, filled with succulent sliced turkey breast, Cheddar, caramelized onions and dressed with honey mustard dressing and served with chips as well. We sat, enjoyed and remembered all the great fun we had had and the wonderful people we had met during our vacation. And all too soon it was time to head over to the security check and finally find our departure gate.
We sat at the gate for a while until it was time to board and we found our seats. The luggage was stored, and we had settled in and then it was time to say goodbye to Orlando and our summer vacation. Once we had reached cruising altitude the flight attendants went to hand out little bags of crackers and served drinks.

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

Then they came around with hot towels and then it was finally time for dinner. We were both be handed a tray

IMG_2833.jpg

with a small Caesar salad,

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

a dinner roll and some butter,

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

some Pasta Puttanesca

IMG_2839.jpg

and Tiramisu.

IMG_2835.jpg

We had a nice dinner and then took some sleeping aid to get through the rest of the flight. We were tired and fell asleep fast.

Day 30, September 11

Back home again

We must have been really tired as we slept right through breakfast. When we finally woke up we were already close to Frankfurt and there was just enough time to freshen up a bit and get ready to get off the plane again.
We landed on time, got off the plane and joined the lines for passport control. Thankfully passport control works faster for European citizens for a change and we were through quickly. We had about two hours until our connecting flight, so we went in search of some food. We finally found something which looked and sounded good, so we picked up two Italian Salami sandwiches,

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

which had looked quite nice on display. Then we went to find a table to enjoy our early lunch and opened the bags they sandwiches were in and were surprised. They looked nowhere near the ones on display, but we just laughed it off. The sandwich was a clear sign we were back on European soil. We ate our sandwiches, washed them down with Diet Coke and then set out to find our next departure gate.
As always it was at the other end of the airport and we trekked over there, sat for about 45 minutes playing games on Tom’s mobile phone and then were allowed to board a bus to take us to our plane. Didn’t take long to fill the small plane and we were on our way back home. During the flight we were served some drinks and a Toblerone bar as a snack and within 55 minutes we touched down on our home airport. Picked up the suitcases and went outside where the taxi we had booked before the vacation was already waiting for us.

The END!!!

So sad this is over but happy you have another adventure starting in a couple of days! :cool1:

Jill in CO

Nice last day !! Have to agree those sandwiches at the airport looked SAD after all your Disney Food Porn !!!

I had a little hitch in our cruise plans as one of the managers told me she wasn't sure we could BOTH be Off at the same time but it would be upto the Director sooo as the Director seems to like me I called her a total of 3 times and she answered third time and said YES as long as we had someone to cover call for us and all our work was caught up !!Neither of which is a problem as Carol and I are owed sooo many favors for on call we have NO problem when we ask !!! So we are all set again!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter