Membership cards...Good news, WIERD news

MaryAnnDVC

"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
We purchased a BWV resale in Feb 2001. Never got temp membership cards, but just got our permanent cards today. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: A real pick-me-up, and boy, did I need it today.

BUT...it says that we've been members since 7/99. Just occurred to me...could that be when the ORIGINAL contract by the former owners was signed?

If you purchased a resale, what date do your cards say?

We bought resale, and they carry the dates of the original owner.

Same here. I was surprised also. Mine was an OKW resale and if I remember correctly the date is 1995.

Whew! Thanks!

I'm surprised that they sold their membership a year and a half later. I guess it happens.

We bought a resale in December 2000, and I just looked at my card and its says Member Since 12/00. I would think it would be reissued with the date you bought - ours was. That, of course, is just my opinion.

We purchased our BWV resale in February, 2001. Our membership cards say 9/99, the date of the original purchase.

Ralph

Ditto MaryAnn, we closed in Feb, got our permanent cards in March and they have 06/99 on them. Never got a vwl pin though, nor VM, How about the rest of you resale buyers?

We also bought OKW resale and our cards have the original owners date of sale on them. 7/92!!! I only wish that was my original date!!!!!!!!!!

We bought a resale in December, I did all the paperwork and even paid for it!!

In January DH got his membership card, nothing for me :rolleyes: (I just assumed that the member date was the one of the original contract)

When I called DVC I mentioned that I was still waiting for my membership card... and waited... and waited :(

Yesterday I got home and there were 2 letters from DVC!

One was a membership card for DH and one for me :D
and the other was yet ANOTHER membership card for DH :confused:

So now DH's got 3 cards and I've only got 1

Go figure :jester:

JJ Penguin

I did not buy a resale and I have a membership card, and I believe it has Nov 1994. But, it's hard to tell, because all of the letters have rubbed off, can't even see the membership number anymore. I really do not use it all that much, just keep it in my purse with other cards.....has anyone else found their member number and letters rubbed completely off?

Wonder if they would issue me a new card, if I asked for it????

Our membership card has the original contract date, not the date that we purchased the resale. We have also been receiving the Vacation Magic communication.

You should receive a Member Guidebook. If not, give Member Services a call a request they send you one.

Troy

We got the guidebook last December when we purchased VB while we were in WDW. Then we came home, canceled and purchased a BWV resale. I assume that they know we have the book because they haven't sent us a thing.

MaryAnn, We did the same thing you did - cancelled VB purchase and bought BW resale. They did send us another membership binder with some updated guidelines.

Oh geez, there you go confusing me again. ;)

kem, when did you purchase VB and cancel, and when did you purchase the resale? I think we did it around the same time (the resale)...Feb '01...didn't we? We purchased and canceled VB in early December.

What kind of updated material do you have? I wonder if I already have it. ??

Mary Ann sorry to create confusion. We were at WDW Dec 31 -Jan 3. On Jan 3 we went on the DVC tour and a week later we put down the deposit and got the contracts and Guidebook Then we cancelled and bought resale in Feb. The second Guidebook we received in mid March and is dated 1/01 throughout, the old one was 12/99 . The member benefits Guidebook insert is dated Rev 1/01/01 on both, The Member Guidelines inset is dated 8/2000 on the newer and 3/2000 on the older. I don't think there is a huge amount of difference. But you may call MS for the latest copy. Maybe by now there is a newer one? We were not sent the public offering statement for BWV, that we got for VB .Also not the II or BVTC Exchange guide. I think we would have been way less informed if we had not started out with the Disney contracts as much pertinent info is not sent on resales. We did get the letter about the price increase, but still no VWL pin (which other BW owners got) and no VM. Hope this clarifies things for you! Have a nice day!:D

kem, thanks for getting together all the info for me!! I'll have to compare those dates after I get a good night's sleep. ;)

What DO resale purchasers do without the guidebook? It really worked out well for us to have all that info, and then purchase the resale.

No VWL pin here either. I have a feeling there's a couple in NJ (original owners) with MY pin! :mad: ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter