Member surprise Disney cruise?

act1980

DIS Veteran
We became a DVC members last year & I’ve just received an email to say to stop at the DVC member services desk for a surprise when onboard.

Does anyone know what this surprise is?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sometimes they give out DVC lanyards, but that has been at the cruise terminal.

Not on a member cruise but we received a wooden box from DVC while onboard. Maybe they want you to stop buy to invite you to a sales meeting, they are known for that.

:earsboy: Bill

As of 3/26 It was lanyards. Then an invite to the members sales party, which had free drinks, meet and greet with Mickey from 2-2:30 (so empty my kids played tag with him), and then you get a voucher sent to your room to get 2 free hats if you stop by the desk on the ship later. Also, you get a magnet on your door. Not bad stuff at all, but not "wowzers" either. No complaints from me, though, as it was all free.
Also, bring your blue card on board if you have one. It is good for discounts on merchandise.

As of 3/26 It was lanyards. Then an invite to the members sales party, which had free drinks, meet and greet with Mickey from 2-2:30 (so empty my kids played tag with him), and then you get a voucher sent to your room to get 2 free hats if you stop by the desk on the ship later. Also, you get a magnet on your door. Not bad stuff at all, but not "wowzers" either. No complaints from me, though, as it was all free.
Also, bring your blue card on board if you have one. It is good for discounts on merchandise.

With respect Ben, didn't you pay an inflated price for the members cruise, free?

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for the replies. We are DVC members so I know they won’t be trying to get us to go to a sales meeting.

Thanks for the replies. We are DVC members so I know they won’t be trying to get us to go to a sales meeting.

Well, they will call it a "members only event". It really is low stress and actually fun. I reccomend going. They just show you their new properties and offerings at the end of the event, once you've had a couple of drinks, and allow you to sign up to meet with a guide.

Well, they will call it a "members only event". It really is low stress and actually fun. I reccomend going. They just show you their new properties and offerings at the end of the event, once you've had a couple of drinks, and allow you to sign up to meet with a guide.
I agree. And if you show up early, the character interaction is usually very good, and without the long lines you will see on the rest of the cruise.
You may find you enjoy it enough to go again on the cruise.

Late to this thread...we are going on a Dis Cruise in August but did not use points to book it. Are we allowed to go to any events and/or benefit from any discounts as well?

Late to this thread...we are going on a Dis Cruise in August but did not use points to book it. Are we allowed to go to any events and/or benefit from any discounts as well?

They are *member* events. Not booked on points events. Yes you can go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter