Member Services Closing Early June 9

Murron

DIS Veteran
I see this notification as great news --- more staff to handle member services calls!

June 9, 2021: Offices' Early Closure
Member Services, Member Accounting and Member Administration will close for training at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
  • Member Services will reopen at 6 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
  • Member Accounting and Member Administration will reopen at 9 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, June 10, 2021.
Please note the Member Online Booking tool, online banking, Loans and Annual Dues payments will still be available during this time.

I think it will be impossible to get through to DVC Member Services on June 8 because that's when DVC members can start buying tickets for the Halloween After Hours events, and so far it sounds like if you want the DVC discount you have to call Member Services to buy your tickets.

And now they're closing early on June 9, so anybody who couldn't get through on June 8 will now have limited hours to get through on June 9.

I see this notification as great news --- more staff to handle member services calls!

June 9, 2021: Offices' Early Closure
Member Services, Member Accounting and Member Administration will close for training at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
  • Member Services will reopen at 6 p.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, June 9, 2021.
  • Member Accounting and Member Administration will reopen at 9 a.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, June 10, 2021.
Please note the Member Online Booking tool, online banking, Loans and Annual Dues payments will still be available during this time.
Fingers crossed they hire 1000 new people lol. Wishful thinking on my end.

I think it will be impossible to get through to DVC Member Services on June 8 because that's when DVC members can start buying tickets for the Halloween After Hours events, and so far it sounds like if you want the DVC discount you have to call Member Services to buy your tickets.

And now they're closing early on June 9, so anybody who couldn't get through on June 8 will now have limited hours to get through on June 9.
It's a discount of just $10 for an up to $200 event. Not sure it will have great demand.
For comparison, for the pre-Covid After Hours events, price was lower and discount higher: $30.

Did anyone happen to hear what the June 9th training was about?
Nope. I'm still thinking with the every day continuation of going back to "normal" (masks, capacity, etc) that they are hopefully bring back furloughed staff and new staff. I'm going to keep that positive hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!