Member Insider E-mails

TheMick424

DIS Veteran
Has anyone received the Member Insider e-mail for March 2019?

For the longest time I was not receiving any DVC e-mails (despite opting-in via the various websites), but after a call to member services they were able to fix this. However, I recently entered the Riviera Sweepstakes, and I'm hoping that didn't mess things up.

Member Insider E-Mails? What?

Ugh. Disney IT, huh?
It's basically just a newsletter/marketing material, but has information on member benefits, etc. I'm just trying to make sure I receive communications, but yes, Disney IT is definitely "UGH" when it comes to this.

Guess I'm not an insider. Never heard of it. Never got it.
Wonder what else they're hiding from me. :rolleyes1

Guess I'm not an insider. Never heard of it. Never got it.
Wonder what else they're hiding from me. :rolleyes1
I would love to understand their strategy for some of these things. I am a fairly new member who started with a resale contract and then added on some direct points at the same resort. I would venture that the emails are targeted to those people they think are likely to add-on in the near future. Maybe I don’t fit that bill anymore

Got mine this afternoon. Anyone click on the link at the bottom for the Star Wars Galatic Gathering. I was shocked by the pricing.
Someone posted something about the SW Galactic Gathering on the DVC Facebook page. I went back to my email, searched and finally found the tiny link at the bottom of the email. I then searched all over Disboards and this was the only thread I can find that mentions it. We are going to be there on 4/10 as we will be running the rundisney Star Wars weekend. I am very intrigued by this as it appears to be nothing more than a 2 1/2 hour meet and greet with a few snacks for $225 per person. I have a feeling there is something more here. What am I missing?

Someone posted something about the SW Galactic Gathering on the DVC Facebook page. I went back to my email, searched and finally found the tiny link at the bottom of the email. I then searched all over Disboards and this was the only thread I can find that mentions it. We are going to be there on 4/10 as we will be running the rundisney Star Wars weekend. I am very intrigued by this as it appears to be nothing more than a 2 1/2 hour meet and greet with a few snacks for $225 per person. I have a feeling there is something more here. What am I missing?

I’m really intrigued as well. We get there the morning of the 10th and when I initially saw it I was on board but the price was a big shock for what you get. At first I thought maybe it will have a surprise peak at something but the event is in the wrong park, it’s at EPCOT. I wonder if they are trying out some pricing to see what they could potentially get for an after hours event for Star Wars.

Disney sends it to my husband’s email not mine even though I’ve tried to change it lol so needless to say I never get to read it haha

Has anyone received the Member Insider e-mail for March 2019?

For the longest time I was not receiving any DVC e-mails (despite opting-in via the various websites), but after a call to member services they were able to fix this. However, I recently entered the Riviera Sweepstakes, and I'm hoping that didn't mess things up.

I haven't been receiving the member insider e-mails. I tried contacting member services, a few months ago, but I haven't received the August or September newsletters. Do you know how member service was able to fix it for you?

Here was the e-mail reply I received from member services, after I explained that I had already opted in on the disney communcation website

"Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.

Regarding the Member insider email, we have been advised that this is a challenge that occurs for multiple Members and it is being looked at to determine how to resolve the issue.

As for promotional emails it can take some time to filter through after making the update from before with the update to the subscriptions. We will reach out to our marketing partners to have them look in to this further as well.

Thanks and have a magical day,"

I haven't been receiving the member insider e-mails. I tried contacting member services, a few months ago, but I haven't received the August or September newsletters. Do you know how member service was able to fix it for you?

Here was the e-mail reply I received from member services, after I explained that I had already opted in on the disney communcation website

"Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.

Regarding the Member insider email, we have been advised that this is a challenge that occurs for multiple Members and it is being looked at to determine how to resolve the issue.

As for promotional emails it can take some time to filter through after making the update from before with the update to the subscriptions. We will reach out to our marketing partners to have them look in to this further as well.

Thanks and have a magical day,"
They didn’t say, so I assume Disney Magic 😉 As I recall, they said that something was unchecked somewhere but didn’t say what it was. Hopefully they can help you too!

Just coming back to add that I think their systems are not talking well to each other. I just logged into my account and immediately received a pop-up asking if I wanted to go green for my annual dues statements. I prefer to receive those via mail so I selected “no”. I then received an e-mail confirming my communication preferences which said I had “not authorized” Disney communications to postal, phone or e-mail. None of these things were involved in that pop-up so I don’t know what is going on. I feel like every time I login, something unrelated gets messed up.

Just coming back to add that I think their systems are not talking well to each other. I just logged into my account and immediately received a pop-up asking if I wanted to go green for my annual dues statements. I prefer to receive those via mail so I selected “no”. I then received an e-mail confirming my communication preferences which said I had “not authorized” Disney communications to postal, phone or e-mail. None of these things were involved in that pop-up so I don’t know what is going on. I feel like every time I login, something unrelated gets messed up.

I received the same email when I responded to this so I thought that was why I'd never received any member emails! Maybe it isn't if you had the same response. I did once contact them about it but they just told me to check that I had my correct details on the site (which I do). I'd love to get an email one day. :-)

I received the same email when I responded to this so I thought that was why I'd never received any member emails! Maybe it isn't if you had the same response. I did once contact them about it but they just told me to check that I had my correct details on the site (which I do). I'd love to get an email one day. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!