Melia Orlando Celebration?

Shellee999

Mouseketeer
Hi. Has anyone stayed at the Melia Orlando Celebration? It looks nice and very reasonably priced, but I haven't had an easy time finding people's reports of staying there, outside of the typical TripAdvisor, etc. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi. Has anyone stayed at the Melia Orlando Celebration? It looks nice and very reasonably priced, but I haven't had an easy time finding people's reports of staying there. Thanks!
If you search for the hotel on Google, you will see the stars and a link that says "2,623 Google reviews." (This number will likely be higher when you look)

Click on the review link and sort by the most recent. You will see lots of reviews.

Don't freak out if you see a few bad reviews, the internet is a negative place, but it should give you a bit of insight.

If you search for the hotel on Google, you will see the stars and a link that says "2,623 Google reviews." (This number will likely be higher when you look)

Click on the review link and sort by the most recent. You will see lots of reviews.

Don't freak out if you see a few bad reviews, the internet is a negative place, but it should give you a bit of insight.
I’m sorry. I wasn’t clear. I can find reviews on Google and TripAdvisor. But I’d love to hear from the message boards or FaceBook groups I follow. It feels more real, if that makes sense. But so far, nothing. I have found that other people asked, with no response. It seems so strange lol

Hi I drive by almost every day and notice a lot of cars So it must be popular. I have entered the lobby to check it out but have never actually stayed there. I remember liking the pool a lot but dont think it had a childrens area. I think they have a restaurant in the lobby too .
Publix grocery is nearby . Also Panera Bread and Five Guys and many other restaurants .
When I looked online I wasn’t sure if it was “condo style” renting from owner or a Hotel. Many units seem to be For Sale if you look online .
Im not confident to recommend it and I know the reviews are no help .
But it is in a safe area . And convenient to Disney .

I’m sorry. I wasn’t clear. I can find reviews on Google and TripAdvisor. But I’d love to hear from the message boards or FaceBook groups I follow. It feels more real, if that makes sense. But so far, nothing. I have found that other people asked, with no response. It seems so strange lol
There are so, so many places to stay in Orlando and around Disney.

Some places tend to trickle to the top and get a lot of discussion while the 99% go under the radar.

With a chain hotel, you kind of know what to expect. Melia is part of a chain based in Latin America. It is a Disney Good Neighbor hotel which doesn't mean too much in terms of perks, but does mean it meets some standards to be part of that list.

As the previous poster said, the location is good.

Everyone will have different wants when traveling, and because there are so many options it really helps to drill down what you want.

For example, When I stay offsite and want space, I stay in a timeshare resort that I rent from an owner or because that generally costs a lot less than booking a hotel-type accommodation of similar size.

For a short stay, I usually look for suite-hotel places with free breakfast because I know that will save my family a good chunk of time and money. I like the Flamingo Crossings area because it has been a lot less crowded an area compared to the Melia area.

While this works for me, you may need more things closer to your hotel or have other needs.

I understand. It’s not an easy answer to give me bc I don’t have an easy request. We have so many different needs. I’ve never stayed anywhere but Disney property. We’ll figure it out lol

I haven't stayed there, but I looked at the Melia a few years ago. It overall looked like a good place to stay, and I like some of their room layouts. At the time, the online reviews were OK, but stated that the hotel was perhaps overdue for renovation/refurbishment. That's one reason we didn't book there. If you do the TripAdvisor, etc, review sites, maybe see if they mention a recent refurbishment. If so, you should go for it. Celebration would be a nice place to stay.

We have stayed there, but weren't impressed, so won't be back. There are too many other options in the area that are much better and nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter