Meli & Shaun's Wedding Trip:Sunset Pointe/Victoria & Albert's - Our Last Full Day

Warning – This is really photo intensive. I tried to cut down the pictures to my favorites. But there are just too many I love and I’m even skipping a lot of good ones too.

Favorite Color Pictures
Back of Dress – Hanging
ms06082808mn1.jpg

Meli in Window @ Contemporary
ms06752808fq4.jpg

Mom & Meli – Contemporary
ms06992808gs7.jpg

Railing at Contemporary
ms00472808ac2.jpg

Monorail – Poly
ms00602808ey9.jpg

Hitchhiking Monorail – Poly
ms00702808ym5.jpg

Confetti
ms01872808ek0.jpg

Wedding Cake/Glasses
ms07942808be9.jpg

First Dance – Tongue Picture
ms02122808tp8.jpg

Meli w/ Glass - Side
ms02502808tc5.jpg

Twirl Pictures
ms08752808zz9.jpg

Confetti Pictures
ms08802808bb6.jpg

Grass Picture
ms09112808oe4.jpg

Color Flower Ring Picture
ms09362808pu3.jpg

Hanging off Hammock
ms09502808mm8.jpg

ms09532808vp7.jpg

Walking Along the Beach
ms09642808vg4.jpg

Meli & Shaun - Pier
ms05212808iy6.jpg

ms05662808uh6.jpg

Heart in the Sand
ms09692808ar8.jpg

Meli & Shaun Bridge
ms05912808ix3.jpg

ms05772808lc9.jpg

Hanging Out on Surfboard
ms09892808ww9.jpg

I'm loving your TR! The Stitches were so cute! I love that :) Cant wait to hear more

Very nice! I love all your pictures! I was going to pick my favs to tell you, but I love them all! I'm so excited... I want more lol!

they are wonderful! you must be so pleased. I am def. that I will book randy for my pics at our VR. Everything looks wonderful. I love the beach shots and the ones with the confetti- I hadn't considered confetti but now maybe I will! look forward to seeing more. How long did you have randy booked for?

Oh, Meli! The pictures so beautifully capture your joy and the love you and Shaun share! How exciting it must be for you to relive those wonderful moments! You were absolutely gorgeous and Shaun looked so handsome! :hug:

I'm loving your TR! The Stitches were so cute! I love that :) Cant wait to hear more

Very nice! I love all your pictures! I was going to pick my favs to tell you, but I love them all! I'm so excited... I want more lol!
I know. It was so hard to even pick out those. I'm just waiting for my pictures to be on Randy's site so I can share the link with you all.

they are wonderful! you must be so pleased. I am def. that I will book randy for my pics at our VR. Everything looks wonderful. I love the beach shots and the ones with the confetti- I hadn't considered confetti but now maybe I will! look forward to seeing more. How long did you have randy booked for?
I am pleased! You will love Randy. I actually had no idea about the confetti but it was a 'surprise' from my MIL but it made for great pictures.
I booked Randy one year in advance. Basically as soon as I got confirmation of my date from DFTW, I called & booked him.

All your pictures are great! I really like the picture of you in the Contemporary Window and your beach pictures.

Thank you! I'm very happy with his work.

Oh, Meli! The pictures so beautifully capture your joy and the love you and Shaun share! How exciting it must be for you to relive those wonderful moments! You were absolutely gorgeous and Shaun looked so handsome! :hug:
Thank you! It was great.

Great pictures! I can't wait to see more soon! :)

Thanks. I'll have more as soon as they get on Randy's site.

Gorgeous! Love them. You were such a beautiful bride :goodvibes

Thank you!

February 13th, 2008 – EPCOT Photo shoot, Downtown Disney
We woke up around 7:30 & got ready & headed to Roarin Forks for breakfast.

At 8:30, we were at the Bus Stop waiting to head to EPCOT.

We had our EPCOT Honeymoon Photoshoot, so we didn’t want to go on any rides when we got into the park. We looked at the pins in hub again & shopping through mousegears and looking at the EPCOT 25th Anniversary exhibit some more.

At 10:00am, we had our Honeymoon Shoot: (I know I shared this before, but just in case)

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings/
Username: Wheeler / Nute Wedding
Password: 1971

After the pictures, we ran into Carrie & her husband again as we were leaving & they were running off somewhere.

We decided to see Turtle Talk & then head back to the resort for a couple hours, as we were planning on heading to Downtown Disney around 3 & we wanted to relax as we would be out late (or so we thought)

& Stitch in our room when we got back
wedding103ct8.jpg

We got lunch back at the resort where I had a pepperoni flatbread & Shaun had chicken fingers.

At 3, we headed to Downtown Disney & got some shopping done. I bought two more bath bombs at Basin for the last two nights of the honeymoon. (Nothing is more relaxing than those things. I can’t wait until we move and finally have a bath tub as I love my relaxing baths after a long walking day) We got his sister an Eeyore since she never was able to get something during the trip. Shaun bought the pin book & two of the collectible pin boxes where the pins you get are a surprise. Both boxes had the same exact pins in them – Aurora & Mickey. It was funny. We also got Salt & Pepper shakers for the kitchen & picture frames (Once we move, I can actually use this stuff & get things set up & have pictures)

Our dinner was Ragland Road at 5. We both had drinks, although I don’t recall what it was. I think I had a cosmo type drink & Shaun had something with Midori.

We shared the Guinness Ribs appetizer which, for someone that doesn’t like pork, they were rather tasty. And no weird reactions like October.
wedding104zw9.jpg

We both got the Seriously Sirloin.
wedding105gw8.jpg

And Dessert!
I had the Bailey’s Crème Brule
wedding107ei3.jpg

Shaun had the Dunbrody Kiss. Which is liked the most of, except whatever was on the bottom had a weird texture.
wedding106bh8.jpg

Afterwards we headed to Pleasure Island. Our only plan for the night was to get ‘happy’ and have a good time. We were going to go the Adventurer’s Club at 7, but they ended up not opened until 9pm due to a private party. So, we decided to get a bucket & just hang out. And, then we had bucket number two while waiting in line for the initial comedy club show at 8:00.

The comedy club let us in where we got a third bucket (however, it was extremely watered down in comparison to the ones outside)

We enjoyed the comedy show and then went headed into the Adventurer’s Club for a while. Shaun wasn’t too much of a fan of the club as he didn’t want to get picked on as he hates attention like that. We stayed for a while longer, and headed back. Where we decided to order breakfast in bed for the next morning with the card thing & headed to bed.

You know, I thought the same thing about the texture of whatever is at the bottom of Dunbrody's Kiss! :rotfl:

Oh, it sounds like a wonderful day! Your meals look fabulous!

ETA: Meli, the pictures are great! Thank you for sharing! I really like the one of you sitting together (is that in the China pavillion?). You must be so happy to have so many good pix to choose from! :hug:

You know, I thought the same thing about the texture of whatever is at the bottom of Dunbrody's Kiss! :rotfl:
Haha. Good to know we are the only ones. We couldn't for the life of us figure out what it was.

Oh, it sounds like a wonderful day! Your meals look fabulous!

ETA: Meli, the pictures are great! Thank you for sharing! I really like the one of you sitting together (is that in the China pavillion?). You must be so happy to have so many good pix to choose from! :hug:
It was :)
Thanks. The one of us sitting is in the Morocco Pavilion.

You're pictures are absolutely beautiful!! You looked gorgeous!! :) I cannot wait until it's my turn!!!!
Thank you!
The time will fly. I still can't believe 2 years ago, I was just getting engaged. It doesn't seem that long ago at all!

February 14th, 2008 – Valentine’s Day
We woke up around 7:15 since our breakfast would be coming around 7:30am.

And breakfast arrived right on time.
I had pancakes with bacon & Shaun had the Eggs Your Way. A nice - $50 breakfast. Oh well, its Valentine’s Day & our honeymoon :)

Our plan for the day was to go back to Magic Kingdom & accomplish a lot of the things we missed & doing some favorites again.

We started with the Jungle Cruise where there wasn’t much of a wait. Since it was still early in the morning, the guide was still really into it so it made it much better than it usually is.

We went on Pirates again & then decided to wait for Tom Sawyers Island to open to see if we would be able to find a paintbrush. Well, we didn’t find a paintbrush, but we had fun running around like little kids, exploring caves and being goofy. We must have spent about an hour on the island. Shaun had way too much fun bouncing me on the barrel bridge.

We headed to the train to take it over to Toon Town since we hadn’t done that yet.
wedding108rf7.jpg

We explored the houses & we went on Barnstormer since I was determined to do every open ride this trip ;)

Afterwards, we went on Buzz again & when we came out, Stitch was out playing so I decided to get in line for him as we hadn’t really visited any characters this trip.

wedding114pw1.jpg

We were getting hungry at this point, so we decided to be bad for lunch. I had been wanting a funnel cake this entire trip & we never were around a funnel cake station for a snack time. We decided that would be out lunch. So I got a funnel cake & he got a root beer float from Sleepy Hollow. We ended up talking to the cleaning lady as she had pins that Shaun liked for trading & she ended up giving us some Tinkerbell Year of Million Dream Pins! Yay pixie dust!

We decided to head back to the hotel. We got on the boat & it was different boat than usual as it seemed to be a training for new transportation CMs and we were on the only guests on board. Well, the trainer decided to have the boat driver play kiss the girl & have us dance as we are newlyweds. We couldn’t stop laughing as it was silly but fun. Shaun who hates attention didn’t seem to mind either.

photoin9.jpg

When we got back to the hotel, the Stitches got a little out of hand ;)
wedding116yp0.jpg

We decided to call the DVC center after the discussion we had with them the night before, as I wanted Shaun to learn more about it before we make the decision to buy in, so after about an hour of relaxation in the resort, the DVC van picked us up to take us to SSR for the tour.

Well, or somewhat tour.
Our guide wasn’t very friendly when I mentioned we are thinking about waiting until CR gets announced and he got an attitude about it. It kinda pissed me off the reaction he had. I mean, the only way we got him to shut up about how CR isn’t going to happen was to say “well, we aren’t buying today anyway because we just got married & I just finished school so we want to wait a few months anyway” so he didn’t show us the DVD or really go over much with us at all. He rushed us through the AKV models. Luckily, I sortof know enough about DVC to explain it to Shaun when he had questions once we got back to the room.

So after less than hour, we were on our way back to hotel. Where Shaun read the DVC book & he looked online to find the answers to the unanswered questions.

After cleaning up some and relaxing, it was about 4:30 & we decided to head to the Polynesian to pick up a picture frame that we will put our surf board picture in. This is when we also decided to have a drink around the monorail ;)

I had a backscratcher & Shaun had a sunken treasure from the Tambu bar.

Our next stop was the Grand Floridian where we got around 5:30.
We both end up getting a Malibu & coke & we were a bit hungry since we hadn’t really eaten since breakfast so we decided to order the Shrimp Appetizer listed on the bar menu (its from Citricos) to get something on our stomachs. We relaxed in the comfy chairs for a while, until 6:40 when we headed to the Contemporary for our meal at the California Grill.

wedding118xl7.jpg

Our Decorated Table!

img0001csh6.jpg

We decided to split the Beef Tenderloin Flatbread which was AMAZING!
wedding120de7.jpg

Shaun had the filet which he enjoyed:
wedding122el9.jpg

I had the Chicken & Dumplings which was good too, but I only ate one of them & saved the other for breakfast the next day. I paired a glass of Riesling with this.
wedding121qq4.jpg

Not realizing we would be getting a surprise dessert, we got the Valrhona Chocolate cake: We also order me a glass of dessert wine, which didn’t seem to be bought out until after the dessert was eaten. So it wasn’t really able to be fully enjoyed, but oh well. It still was good.
wedding123fg4.jpg

And our free dessert, which wasn’t really eaten much:
wedding124wg1.jpg

We walked to the pier to take the boat back over the Wilderness Lodge where I ended up making friends with the ducks as we waited.
wedding127pd6.jpg

wedding129bb8.jpg

We got back to the room a little after 9 where we watched the Electrical Light Parade, and relaxed.

Overall, a very good Valentines Day

Just got caught up on your trippie! :surfweb:

It sounds like you both had an amazing time - you look so happy & in love!

I'm getting inspired by your food reviews - you are a much more "adventerous" eater than me (DF says I eat like a 6 year old :rolleyes1 ) Your reviews have been really comprehensive and are getting me to think about trying some more "grown-up" food when we visit in June! :yay:

Can't wait to read more ... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter