Meli & Shaun's Wedding Trip:Sunset Pointe/Victoria & Albert's - Our Last Full Day

loving your trip report, i hope we get as much pixie dust as you did
Thanks. I hope you do too. I wasn't expecting anything though since it can be so spotty about receiving it so each time was a wonderful surprise.

What a great TR so far. I love it! I realy feel like I am there with you guys. LOL

Where did that wine basket come from? I would love to surprise my DF with this and this is the best wine!

The basket came from the Disney Florist. I love Rosa so it was wonderful. Plus the box it came in you can use for storage.

Is the Mickey head the box top? What a wonderful gift your friends sent! Love your new digs with the real king-size bed =) :lovestruc

Hiya! Love the trip report - and I'm so glad you guys got so much honeymoon shwag, considering the terrible experience at WL.

Here's the picture of us meeting at DHS....

NicoleParis.jpg

:rotfl:

Loving your trip report, Meli! I'd love to hear about the short ToT line trick! :goodvibes
That basket gift is wonderful -- Rosa Regale is my favorite wine in the world -- I got hooked on it on Disney Cruise Line last summer. :thumbsup2
I am so glad you had a nice day and that you took the time to relax that evening, rather than getting yourselves to an ADR at EPCOT. :)

Is the Mickey head the box top? What a wonderful gift your friends sent! Love your new digs with the real king-size bed =) :lovestruc
The mickey head is the box top. Shaun was clearing out the box while I was taking this picture :) I lovethe new digs too!

Hiya! Love the trip report - and I'm so glad you guys got so much honeymoon shwag, considering the terrible experience at WL.

Here's the picture of us meeting at DHS....

NicoleParis.jpg

:rotfl:
Man. We look hot!

Loving your trip report, Meli! I'd love to hear about the short ToT line trick! :goodvibes
That basket gift is wonderful -- Rosa Regale is my favorite wine in the world -- I got hooked on it on Disney Cruise Line last summer. :thumbsup2
I am so glad you had a nice day and that you took the time to relax that evening, rather than getting yourselves to an ADR at EPCOT. :)
Thanks :) I'm happy we relaxed to as Shaun loves Disney more now after we had a relaxing trip :) When you are in the boiler room at ToT, go straight rather than to the line to the right. As that line to the right is much longer than if you just went straight.

Thanks, Meli! Oh, and it really is nice to hear about honeymoon relaxation. Our kids will head home the night of the VR after the reception (both have to get back to school), and DH and I will then begin to unwind and relax and just enjoy each other's company. I LOVE the idea of just sitting on the balcony/patio of our villa and listening to the sounds and enjoying the sights. Thanks for reminding me to not overschedule us!

Thanks, Meli! Oh, and it really is nice to hear about honeymoon relaxation. Our kids will head home the night of the VR after the reception (both have to get back to school), and DH and I will then begin to unwind and relax and just enjoy each other's company. I LOVE the idea of just sitting on the balcony/patio of our villa and listening to the sounds and enjoying the sights. Thanks for reminding me to not overschedule us!
It really is a nice way to spend the evening. I know we may not have had the most exciting honeymoon, but at least to us, it was very relaxing and that is what we were going for :) We accomplished a lot in the parks though at our own pace.

I know right?

February 12th - EPCOT
We were going to sleep in this morning, but that didn’t work out as we just aren’t the type of people to sleep in that late. So we woke up and Headed to EPCOT where we got our fastpasses for Soarin then got breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. We headed to Nemo to ride on his voyage. Shaun wanted to look at the pin stand to see if there were any pins he wanted or ones he wanted to trade. $50 later…we headed to The Lion King show about the environment as I knew it would be perfect timing before our Soarin Fastpass & it was.

By this time, the World Showcase was by long open so we started going through it slowly as we ignored a lot of things when we were there on the 6th. So we wandered around Mexico, Norway, China, Germany & Italy over the next 2 hours until it was time for our lunch at Coral Reef. Riding the boat rides, trading pins with cast members (There was this lime green Mickey head pin I was wanting that was a cast member only and Shaun just wanted villain pins)
wedding095vz4.jpg

wedding097bb6.jpg

Blue Abyss. Shaun & I both had one.

wedding096ho8.jpg

Land & Sea – my overpriced by wonderful appetizer

wedding098gw2.jpg

Caesar Salad

wedding099pt4.jpg

New York Strip

No Dessert as we weren’t in the mood for it. We did get pixie dust by receiving a set of the Tink Dream Pins from our waitress as she saw we had lanyards. Shaun was very pleased. Apparently, I missed something earlier. On the 9th while we were shopping at Downtown Disney, as we walked into World of Disney, I also received a set of the Tink Dream Pins from a cast member wishing us a happy life together. I tried to do the ‘share’ a pin with this little boy that night (the 9th) as we were walking back to the room as he was really polite and insisted on opening the door for everyone. His response “Tink’s icky” (Only a little boy would say something like that) It was really cute though. So anyway, back to the real trip report.

I got rather tired at this point, so I said, “hey, why don’t we check out the Universe of Energy?” knowing full well to have us not rush into the vehicles so that we could get a row to ourselves & I could take a nap ;)
And that’s exactly what I did.
Shaun actually watched it & he liked it. He said he wouldn’t want to do it every trip though. Haha, isn’t that the truth?

We then proceeded the opposite way through the World Showcase starting in Canada. I hadn’t seen the updated Circle Vision so we headed to that. I very much like the improvements to the show as before it was rather dull.

We stopped at the pin cart, where we got another dose of honeymoon magic. We got free pins off the cast member’s lanyard! Shaun was stoked.

We watched the British band play for a little bit & viewed the France Movie and explored Morocco & Japan as we were looking for spots for our Honeymoon Photo Session that was going to take place the next day.

wedding100gj8.jpg

Japan at Night

We checked into our ADR at Teppan Edo & were quickly seated. I had the Shrimp, Shaun had the chicken. It was typical Japanese food & we were pleased. We also got another sprinkle of pixie dust by getting a free chocolate ginger cake that was really good.

After this, we were tired as we had been in the park by this point for almost 11 hours. We headed back to the Wilderness Lodge for relaxation & bed where we were welcomed by this in our room:

wedding102gw6.jpg

I just read your whole TR! I loved it. I'm so so so sorry you had so many troubles, but I'm glad the end is working out. I love looking at all the pretty drinks you got lol!

LOVE the Stitches in the canoe! :rotfl:

And boy I wish I'd had your tip about napping on Ellen's Universe of Energy before we rode it - that would've been a much better use of my time!

I just read your whole TR! I loved it. I'm so so so sorry you had so many troubles, but I'm glad the end is working out. I love looking at all the pretty drinks you got lol!
Thanks. :) I'm glad everything worked out in the end too.

Great installment!

:surfweb:
Thanks!

LOVE the Stitches in the canoe! :rotfl:

And boy I wish I'd had your tip about napping on Ellen's Universe of Energy before we rode it - that would've been a much better use of my time!

Thanks. The stitches loved the canoe too ;)

It is! Its the only reason why I go on Ellen's Universe of Energy anymore. Its just enough time to get rested before going out in the parks the next day.

I've developed a ton of tips about Disney over the years considering how much I went when I was younger. Its probably how you have those tips for Disneyland that I would be clueless. Shaun & I are planning on Disneyland sometime in 2009 or maybe early 2010 and I'm not going to lie...I feel unprepared.

Shaun & I are planning on Disneyland sometime in 2009 or maybe early 2010 and I'm not going to lie...I feel unprepared.

Ooh! Ooh! I'll give you TONS of Disneyland tips. OK, for nap time, the D-land equivalent of Ellen's Universe of Energy is the lobby of the Grand Californian. You can stretch out in comfy chairs and on sofas and doze to your heart's content! :thumbsup2

Ooh! Ooh! I'll give you TONS of Disneyland tips. OK, for nap time, the D-land equivalent of Ellen's Universe of Energy is the lobby of the Grand Californian. You can stretch out in comfy chairs and on sofas and doze to your heart's content! :thumbsup2

Nice :)

SQUUEEEE Randy's Pictures are in!!!! I'm going through my cd now. So much I love :) I'll post them after I go through them some more.

The Black & White Photos
ms06212808wd9.jpg

ms01302808bq3.jpg

ms02612808tl5.jpg

ms00802808ph6.jpg

ms01872808av0.jpg

ms02552808xz9.jpg

ms09302808qp6.jpg

ms03912808ym8.jpg

ms04742808nd0.jpg

I'm still going through the color ones. I have 989 of them to go through so its going to be a while to pick my favorites out and upload them (considering how slow it took for these 9 to upload).

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! My favs are the confetti and walking on the beach. The one of you drinking is too cute! I can not wait to see more!

Are your pics so far are so beautiful! Can't wait to see them in color!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter