Meli & Shaun's Wedding Trip:Sunset Pointe/Victoria & Albert's - Our Last Full Day

All caught up again. Your photos are beautiful. Glad you had a nice valentines day (minus the unhelpful DVC person). You two look so happy.

NicoleParis.jpg

:rotfl:

Man. We look hot!

LOL, I was going to say that when I saw this picture on Carrie's TR.

That's HOT! :laughing:

Anyhow... I just caught up. Thank you for writing your trip report. I think some of my adversion to writing my own is that really, there's a lot that I'd prefer not to remember. I mean, I loved my wedding, but the rest was blah at best and really, really bad at it's worst. So... whatever. I'm sorry about all the drama you went through, with your family and with the Wilderness Lodge. It seems like with the last few posts that things improved. Hope it stays that way!

Great TR! I can't wait to hear the rest of it! Congratulations!

Jennifer

All caught up again. Your photos are beautiful. Glad you had a nice valentines day (minus the unhelpful DVC person). You two look so happy.
Thanks for reading! It was a great valentine's Day. Which makes up for all the other Valentine's Days we have had where we didn't do anything.

LOL, I was going to say that when I saw this picture on Carrie's TR.

That's HOT! :laughing:

Anyhow... I just caught up. Thank you for writing your trip report. I think some of my adversion to writing my own is that really, there's a lot that I'd prefer not to remember. I mean, I loved my wedding, but the rest was blah at best and really, really bad at it's worst. So... whatever. I'm sorry about all the drama you went through, with your family and with the Wilderness Lodge. It seems like with the last few posts that things improved. Hope it stays that way!
Haha thats too funny we thought the same thing.

:hug: I'm sorry you also had a rough time with parts of your trip. I left a few things out that I really didn't want on the web just to let you know & you could do the same. But in a way, getting some of it out made me feel better. I'm not going to lie either that there are some pictures from my Wedding Day that turn my stomach but I'm deleting those. Once everyone else left & WL got worked out, things did improve. I just need to not go to Disney with other people & play tour guide as things don't go well.

Great TR! I can't wait to hear the rest of it! Congratulations!

Jennifer

Thanks!

February 15th – Our Last Full Day :( Animal Kingdom
We woke up around 7am were we got ready & had breakfast at the Roaring Forks as we had done every morning.

Our plan for today was to take it easy through the Animal Kingdom & see the things that we hadn’t seen yet this trip.

After breakfast, we headed to the bus stop & were soon on our way to Animal Kingdom with an almost empty bus. The Animal Kingdom wasn’t really crowded today it seemed which was going to be good.

Our first order was visited the Pagani Trail where we got to see lots of fun animals. The main purpose in my opinion was to see the hippos for Shaun has that is his favorite animal. (Even though I tell him hippos are mean, he doesn’t like to hear that)
Timon!
wedding141rx2.jpg

Gorilla
wedding145zt7.jpg

Well the hippos weren’t being active so we continue down the trail.

After leisurely taking our way through the trail, we decided to go to the Conservation Station. No characters were out this morning though like I had been hoping on but that’s ok. They were placing tracers on the new pigeons for the Pocahontas show. We listened to the sounds of the rainforest.

Our next stop was the Asia Trail.
wedding139vg4.jpg

Tigers!
wedding144pk5.jpg

wedding147zb0.jpg

This is where we had a run in with the Dream Team. They were standing there in the middle of the trailing just waiting it looked like. But we weren’t stopped so hopefully the next family got something good.

I wanted to see the Pocahontas show as I hadn’t seen it in year. Well, now I remember why ;) Oh well, at least the children in the front seemed to like it & that entertained us enough.

We were getting hungry & were trying to decide what we wanted to go eat. Shaun mentioned he wanted Rainforest Café. We got there around 12:30 & the bar was empty! I was shocked. I guess since the opening of Yak & Yeti & Tusker House, Rainforest doesn’t get as many people wanting to sit there. The food was decent enough. Shaun had a burger & I had mozzarella sticks. We were in the bar so it wasn’t as loud which we enjoyed.

We decided to head back to the resort at this point & pack up the room so we could see if we needed to get a box to ship home as we had gotten a lot of stuff. I’ll have to show you some of the stuff we got after we move as its all the picture frames, kitchen stuff and such. (Oh and the It’s a Small World wall clock my father thought would be so great to get us Shaun hates It’s a Small World)

Packing took a while to do as we had a lot of stuff still. We did end up having to ship a box. Turns out it was cheap enough (only like $11)

We then watched the ducks in the pools for a bit…
wedding146lg9.jpg

wedding149xo5.jpg

wedding150dl0.jpg

It kinda made me sad for the ducks as the children just didn’t leave them alone, despite the life guard telling the children to stop doing so!

We then took a boat to the Contemporary (shocked it was running…) & I took pictures of the old Discovery Island & River Country as we took the boat around Fort Wilderness.
wedding156pa4.jpg

wedding152xs6.jpg

It was kinda sad as I remember going to both of the places as a child & having lots of fun.

We headed to the Grand Floridian and got to Citricos near its opening, even though our reservations were for 6.

They had difficulty located our reservation. It took getting a manager because apparently they are the only ones that can look up reservations by phone number. Of course this happens the one time I don’t have our reservations numbers with us. Its ok, it got handled & we were taken to our table.

We started with a small appetizer from the chef: Crab with homemade Angel Hair
wedding160ua8.jpg

I found it rather tasty, but Shaun didn’t like the Angel Hair

Our Drinks:
wedding161fm9.jpg

We split the Shrimp that we had the night before at Mizner’s.

We both had the Filet Sicilian and we were pleased.
wedding162oz5.jpg

And dessert:
I had the Tiramsu
wedding163of1.jpg

I had a glass of dessert wine with dessert & was pleased when it was served at the same time as the dessert!

& Shaun had the Lemon Cheesecake
Wedding164.jpg

Overall we were pleased with our meals.
We saw Carrie arriving while we were leaving too.

We had arrived early at the meal, as Shaun wanted to check out the Pin Trading Night at the Contemporary. It took us a bit to figure out where exactly it was located in the convention center but when we walked in we knew we were in over our heads. Needless to say we didn’t trade with anyone as people there seem to have tons & tons of pins and it was more a show-off than trading.

We quickly headed back to the WL to go to bed for our last night in Disney :(

It's so cute that the ducks were swimming in the pool. Kids are always messing with the poor wildlife at Disney though!

Your HM sounds so fun. Thank you for sharing it with us! Have you planned your next trip yet? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter