"Megatickets" for concerts.... not exactly a scam, but not cool...

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
http://wxtu.com/index.php?page=778

92.5 XTU Proudly announces the return of the Megaticket:
-
A multi-show "subscription series" of country shows at Susquehanna Bank Center in 2008. Located on the waterfront, the Susquehanna Bank Center is the new name of the amphitheater that's been home to concerts and family events for over 14 years.
-

This year, there will be 5 shows as part of the Megaticket, PLUS with every ticket package purchased (Platinum, Gold, Silver or Lawn), you will receive 1 lawn voucher to the 92.5 XTU Anniversary Show. If you choose one of the reserved seat packages, you will receive the SAME SEAT for all 5 shows (except for the XTU Anniversary Show, which you will receive a lawn voucher for)

The Megaticket offers you the opportunity to buy tickets FIRST for the amazing 2008 Country music line-up at Susquehanna Bank Center. You cannot buy individual show tickets at this time. The only way to take advantage of this opportunity to get tickets to these hot shows before they each go on sale to the public is to buy the MEGATICKET. There are different packages available for the 92.5 XTU Megaticket, each featuring exclusive perks listed below. For further information, click on the FAQ button below.

I am not sure I understand your objection. Wilco did something like this but they played five dates and five completely different line-ups each night to get in their entire repertoire. Are you upset because it makes it difficult for more fans to see the show? That I understand.

No, you MUST buy 5 tickets to 5 different shows by different artists to get the presale....

So, say you want to see Toby Keith.... you also must buy tickets to see Rascall Flats. Tim McGraw, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley - weeks before indivdual shows go on sale to the general public.

No, you MUST buy 5 tickets to 5 different shows by different artists to get the presale....

So, say you want to see Toby Keith.... you also must buy tickets to see Rascall Flats. Tim McGraw, Martina McBride, Brad Paisley - weeks before indivdual shows go on sale to the general public.

Isn't that the point of a megaticket? You buy the ticket that pays for all 5 concerts at one time and you also get the ticket to radio birthday party.

Subscriptions are used in lots of other venues. Theatres sell subscriptions and subscribers always get better seats. Same with opera companies, symphonies, dance companies, etc. It is nearly impossible to get tickets to some of the Lyric Opera productions here in Chicago if you don't subscribe. I understand the frustration, though.

I don't see the big deal. If there are any shows you don't want to go to, sell the tickets for that individual show to someone else. They have the megaticket here for the same 5 shows.

Kimya

I see the frustration because i wanted to go to 1 or 2 of those concerts, but not get the megaticket--by the time the individual tickets are on sale, most of the good seats are taken!

I'm thinking of getting the MegaTicket and selling the 1 or 2 shows I don't want to attend. It isn't clear when you get the tickets, though. According to the website, you should get them at least 72 hours in advance. That isn't much time to sell a ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter