Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

On the way back down I told Mom she should make the selections for the "Choose Your Future" game but she refused. :confused3 So I made the selections and got a completely different future than I have had in the past. Anybody know if they have updated it with more endings or were my selections just totally different than in the past?
I've only ridden it twice and got the exact same future both times...oops! Next time I need to do the exact opposite!

The children in the seats across from me were writing "HELP!" on the windows.

I have to admit, I LOLed at this! :rotfl:

The yeller said "we want the a/c not the g.d. lights!".

Yikes! Sounds like things were getting heated in more ways than one! :furious:

Here is your morning animal photo from our balcony.

I love it! :thumbsup2

This had been a fairly last minute add-on to the trip and it was so worth it!

We ate at GG for the first time on our trip last week (dinner). It was pricey but, like you, we felt it was so worth it! Loved the food, characters, and the view (we were in a booth)! :goodvibes

We were happy we didn't have to wait too long to see all the characters. I find sometimes at character meals it takes forever for all the characters to circulate and you end up waiting around even after you have finished your food. Not the case at Garden Grill, at least not that morning.

At our dinner Dale didn't make it to us and we had to ask to have him come over, which they were happy to do. Once he made it over though, he was a hoot! :rotfl2:

In fact, the characters started to make a second round around the restaurant!

That amazing! :yay:

Our server caught him in the act and came over and scolded him.

It was all hilarious and really gave us a good laugh.

I love this! :love:

Next up we had a fastpass for the Character Spot. Not that we had any particular desire to go there as we had just had a character breakfast but since we had the fastpass we figured we may as well use it.

Mickey sure changed out of his farming clothes quickly! :laughing:

I feel the ride and the whole Imagination pavilion is dated and could use a huge refresh.

Agreed! Some things are classic but, like you said, this one just feels dated. :confused3

Along the way we saw Honeydew and Beaker doing the Mobile Muppet Lab Show.

I've never seen this. Looks cool! :cool2:

Thanks for the update! :wave:

We had decided to skip Fantasmic in favour of something new for us which was the Movie Magic show and the Star Wars Fireworks.

I did not realise that there was new night time shows in Hollywood studios now, is it on all the time or only certain times of year?

I really really hope that once Galaxy's Edge opens that they get rid of that stage, it is an eyesore, and that they keep the Star Wars stuff to that area of the park. I doubt it though. I enjoy Star Wars and I am really looking forward to the new land but I dislike how Star Wars has taken over the whole park. For example, we loved the Animation building and we were really disappointed when it was closed to make way for Star Wars Launch Bay. So my hope, as hopeless as it may be, is that once Galaxy's Edge opens all the Star Wars stuff will be relocated there and that the rest of the park can feature other themed attractions. Am I alone in this?

Yeah I'm with you on that one. I'm not a big star wars fan (I've never watched any of the movies) so I do not get why they're suddenly turning everything in to star wars this, that and the other :confused3

it just got hotter and hotter. The lady sitting next to me was freaking out. She said it was so hot that she felt she was suffocating. It was so hot that you couldn't see out the windows as they were obscured by a thick layer of condensation from all the people crammed on the bus. The children in the seats across from me were writing "HELP!" on the windows. Finally somebody yelled at the bus driver to turn on the air conditioning. Well, the a/c didn't turn on, the lights did. Not sure if the bus driver turned the lights on because he was trying to find the a/c controls or if he was trying to see who was yelling at him. The yeller said "we want the a/c not the g.d. lights!". The lights then went off but still no a/c. I thought that there was going to be a riot. There might have been if anybody could actually move but we were so tightly packed that you could barely even shift an inch. The bus ride felt like it took forever and we were all miserable. I was seriously concerned for the lady next to me. Her kids kept saying "mom, are you alright?".

That sounds like a nightmare bus journey but I loled at the part where the kids were writing HELP on the windows

Your breakfast at Garden grill looks great.

Sorry for the lack of update the past few days, once again I am in a crazy stretch of shifts. Hoping to get one out tomorrow before my night shift!

#nurseprobs

I'm in the same situation right now! Trying to pick up a lot to save up for my shifts, but man do I hate working so much! Currently working 3 nights, off one, then working 3 more.

It was 8:55 and we were leaving Garden Grill. I looked towards the entrance of The Land and told mom that we needed to hustle as this is what I saw coming towards us.

Run!

:rotfl2::rotfl:

Another weird music moment, we were listening to the theme from An American Tail in the queue.

Oh I loved that movie as a kid!

42673857525_09ce67d89c_z.jpg

Pretty!

The ride is cute enough but it is definitely only ever going to be on my "I have nothing else to do right now" list.

Same here! I wish I could remember what it was like before they changed it!

I had to giggle at your stampeded metaphor with the Soarin' crowds. It really is intimidating to see all those people swarming towards the Land when you're at the opposite end of it!

I thought your Minnie Mouse shots from the Character Spot turned out really cute.

Glad you could knock out the Seas and Figment right after park opening, even if it was only to be able to say you did them.

Spaceship Earth is a classic, I can understand why you love it.

Yikes! Sounds like things were getting heated in more ways than one! :furious:

Oh yeah, people were NOT happy. I wonder how many complaints Disney got as a result of that terrible bus ride.

I did not realise that there was new night time shows in Hollywood studios now, is it on all the time or only certain times of year?

Yes, they are every night.

Yeah I'm with you on that one. I'm not a big star wars fan (I've never watched any of the movies) so I do not get why they're suddenly turning everything in to star wars this, that and the other :confused3

I like Star Wars and I am happy to see it in the parks but I just wish it would stay contained to the new land and not be spread everywhere taking away some fun and unique attractions.

#nurseprobs

I'm in the same situation right now! Trying to pick up a lot to save up for my shifts, but man do I hate working so much! Currently working 3 nights, off one, then working 3 more.

Yep, right now staffing is trying to get me to work overtime nights on Friday and Saturday. If I agree that would be 8 12 hour shifts in a row. I don't want to do it but I will feel guilty if I don't and they can't find anybody and have to force float a nurse from another unit. I am tempted to do it though as crazy as it may be as there is a cute Kate Spade dress I want to buy. :scratchin

That will mean i worked 7 in a row, had three days off, work 8 in a row, three days off and then 4.

I am full-time so my rotation is supposed to be two days, two nights, five off. It never ends up that way though as I am a sucker and can't say no to overtime.

I had to giggle at your stampeded metaphor with the Soarin' crowds. It really is intimidating to see all those people swarming towards the Land when you're at the opposite end of it!

There was one time back in 2008 that was even more "frightening". We had gotten out of our PPO breakfast at Tusker House and we saw the rope drop crowd headed across the bridge towards Kilimanjaro Safari. This was pre-Avatar of course so literally everybody at rope drop was rushing towards us. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I thought your Minnie Mouse shots from the Character Spot turned out really cute.

Thanks!

Yep, right now staffing is trying to get me to work overtime nights on Friday and Saturday. If I agree that would be 8 12 hour shifts in a row. I don't want to do it but I will feel guilty if I don't and they can't find anybody and have to force float a nurse from another unit. I am tempted to do it though as crazy as it may be as there is a cute Kate Spade dress I want to buy. :scratchin

That will mean i worked 7 in a row, had three days off, work 8 in a row, three days off and then 4.

I am full-time so my rotation is supposed to be two days, two nights, five off. It never ends up that way though as I am a sucker and can't say no to overtime.

:scared1: 8 nights in a row?! Legally we're not even allowed to work more than 5 nights in a row. After 4 nights I am completely wiped. You must be a superhuman!!! :laughing:

Though the money that comes along with working that much does sound super tempting! Treat yo self to that Kate Spade dress!

:scared1: 8 nights in a row?! Legally we're not even allowed to work more than 5 nights in a row. After 4 nights I am completely wiped. You must be a superhuman!!! :laughing:

Though the money that comes along with working that much does sound super tempting! Treat yo self to that Kate Spade dress!

Well, actually it would be 4 days and 4 nights, if I agree. I actually think that makes it more exhausting than if it were 8 straight days or 8 straight nights due to having to change my sleep pattern.

June 13 - EPCOT

When we got back from our trip through the history of communication it was 11am and everybody knows that means it is time to head into World Showcase!

We decided to start off in Mexico as we had a fastpass in Norway to get to around 1230.

I really enjoyed the Coco/Dia de Muerte exhibit in the entrance of the pavilion. I had made mom watch Coco right before the trip, I think she liked it. I really enjoy the movie though!

My first instinct when entering the main area of the pavilion was to look around at all the merchandise and stalls but mom hustled me over to Gran Fiesta as there was no line.

I always enjoy my boat ride through Mexico although I would not be unhappy if it got a Coco overlay as I have seen discussed here on the boards. I feel that Disney did the Donald Duck overlay ten years ago though so would they really change it again so soon? Who knows?

I always think it is a shame that the reviews for this restaurant are so bad (and I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food) as the setting here is lovely.

I admired all the colourful carvings for sale but I did not buy anything. I was trying to be good!

When we wandered back outside I could hear that Mariachi Cobre was starting up so we went over to watch and I sure am glad we did as we got to witness this adorable Disney moment that I caught on video.

They also performed a birthday song for members of the audience and a romantic selection for two couples celebrating their 20 year anniversaries.

It was super hot outside and we desperately needed some water so we went over to La Cantina de San Angel.

I decided to get a snack and chose something I have never had before, empanadas. I got the cheese empanada kids meal which also came with a milk, apple slices and chips with cheese sauce. They were tasty although not terribly adventurous but that is fine as I am not usually a very adventurous eater.

We ended up downing at least six cups of ice water between the two of us. I wish they would have just given us a big cup of ice water but they just kept giving us the small cups that they have prefilled and ready to hand out.

The heat was so oppressive and we really needed that break out of the sun and to get some water in our system so we sat for a bit in the shade and enjoyed the view while eating our snack and drinking our water. I wasn't feeling great, probably from the heat, and so I ended up regretting the snack but the break was needed. We have been to Disney in July and August and I do not remember having such a hard time with the heat on those trips. Maybe I am less tolerant now that I am getting older. :sad2: It was only as we were leaving that we noticed that there was an indoor seating section with air conditioning, whoops.

We had already planned a pool break that day and we made the decision that after our fastpass for Frozen Ever After we were going to retreat to the resort instead of trying to see a bit more of World Showcase.

Before moving on to Norway I had to stop for Donald who was out for photos.

Mom decided not to join me in the photo and she told me after the meet that the photopass photographer was really rude to her and was barking at her to move behind a pillar (where the line was). I did not notice as I was interacting with Donald. The only thing I could think of was that he didn't realize that Mom was with me and thought that she was trying to cut the line. :confused3 She was unimpressed though and said he was really rude.

Next up: We experience "Norway"

I"m so far behind!!! :(

So, Garden Grill does look like a really nice place if you're a big breakfast eating person. I'm not, so can't see myself going but, I like that it's out of the way, and lesser known for a nice meal. I think I'd definitely recommend it to younger families and others who enjoy the character meets as I keep hearing great things about it.

I absolutely LOVE SE too. And, like you, don't really know why except I like history too. I love how it tells a story and the narration is great.

I always think it is a shame that the reviews for this restaurant are so bad (and I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food) as the setting here is lovely.

I agree. Although, I"m going to take a chance on it in Sept, 2019 on a family trip. We'll see....

When we wandered back outside I could hear that Mariachi Cobre was starting up so we went over to watch and I sure am glad we did as we got to witness this adorable Disney moment that I caught on video.

awww, that was supe sweet!

It was only as we were leaving that we noticed that there was an indoor seating section with air conditioning, whoops.

I didn't know that either!! Thanks for the tip!

I"m so far behind!!! :(

Not far behind at all! I have been slow with updates lately due to my inability to stop working and picking up overtime shifts.

So, Garden Grill does look like a really nice place if you're a big breakfast eating person. I'm not, so can't see myself going but, I like that it's out of the way, and lesser known for a nice meal. I think I'd definitely recommend it to younger families and others who enjoy the character meets as I keep hearing great things about it.

It's funny because I am not normally a huge breakfast person, except on vacation. Most days it is lucky if I manage a piece of toast. Garden Grill is definitely a good spot though if you like breakfast and want a character meal. I have heard good things about the dinner menu as well.

Departing Mexico we arrived in Norway. The last time we were in WDW all the Frozen stuff was still under construction so this was our first time seeing it all.

We still had plenty of time before our Frozen Ever After fastpass so I opted to go meet Anna and Elsa at the Royal Sommerhus. I was really impressed by this area! It was very pretty and there was lots to look at while you wait and it was air conditioned! My pictures aren't great but here are a few of the building.

I wouldn't have minded a slightly longer wait so I could have checked out all the details but we got moved through the line pretty quickly and soon we were being taken in for our royal audience.

First up was Elsa. I really can't remember what we talked about. I always get a bit awkward with face characters.

Next up was Anna who was leaning on the barrier between her area and Elsa's listening to our conversation. I do remember my conversation with her. She commented on my dress and I returned the favour and then we made plans to go on a shopping trip together at Arendelle's finest stores.

Anna and I had a hard time getting a picture taken. In all versions either she or I have our gaze directed to the side over towards Elsa. Not sure what was capturing our attention?

I just loved the meet and greet area here. It was really well done and a nice addition.

Back outside I wanted to check out the new exhibit in the Stave Church, it was all about the Viking Gods. I love mythology and I recently read Neil Gamain's Norse Mythology. Mom opted out and found a seat outside.

The exhibit was interesting and was mostly dedicated to the big four - Odin, Thor, Loki, Freyja. There were artifacts on display and stories about each of the gods. In the centre there was this "tree" with carvings of the gods. I assume the tree is meant to represent Yggdrasil which is the tree of life in Norse Mythology.

Odin

Loki

Freyja

Thor

It was pretty crowded in that small museum so I did not linger too long. Once I found mom outside we made our way over to Frozen Ever After for our fastpass.

The queue area was beautiful! I loved the nighttime atmosphere with the lanterns.

I think we waited maybe 10 minutes before we were loaded onto our boat and went off on our journey through Arendelle.

Right away I knew I was going to like this ride, as the first thing you see is this beautiful scene.

The whole ride was really well done. The scenes were beautiful, the animatronics were impressive and the music set well to the ride scenes.

So as you can tell, I loved the ride. How did mom feel about it? I will let the ride photo speak to that:

I die every time I look at that photo. She looks terrified! You would think she was on Tower of Terror or Splash Mountain! :laughing:

We looked through the gift shop after the ride and saw that it is now 90% Frozen merchandise.

My thoughts on the changes to the Norway pavilion: I enjoy the new additions and feel that they are really well done but other than the mythology exhibit in the Stave Church I feel that there is nothing left that is representative of the actual country of Norway which is a shame as I thought the whole point of World Showcase was for people to learn about the world and different countries and cultures. I wish they could have put in the Frozen attractions while still retaining that cultural representation of Norway.

Having used up our fastpass we decided that it was now time to leave the park for our afternoon break at the pool.

On the way out of the park we stopped for some photopass photos and got a few magic shots.

Due to our experience with photopass the day before Mom now understood what the photopass photographer was talking about when posing us for the balloon photo.

Up Next: Pool time, animal viewing and back to EPCOT

I did not know about the stave church in Norway. It sounds interesting must check it out. The Frozen and Coco areas look great!

I did the Stave church during m y solo trip and I loved all the Norse Mythology, especially because we are into the Marvel versions but are really interested in all the history of it. I've also watched American Gods which is a great show - think it's on STARZ or something like that, also by Neil Gaiman so it's really bizarre but terribly interesting! I'm glad they took out the Frozen stuff from the stave church!

I agree completely with you on the Norway pavilion. Such a shame they took out the cultural aspects of the pavilion, but the Frozen material they added was really well done.

I did the Stave church during m y solo trip and I loved all the Norse Mythology, especially because we are into the Marvel versions but are really interested in all the history of it. I've also watched American Gods which is a great show - think it's on STARZ or something like that, also by Neil Gaiman so it's really bizarre but terribly interesting! I'm glad they took out the Frozen stuff from the stave church!

I have heard of American Gods but have yet to see it. One of these days!

Yes, glad it is no longer Frozen in the church and is now something culturally relevant.

I agree completely with you on the Norway pavilion. Such a shame they took out the cultural aspects of the pavilion, but the Frozen material they added was really well done.

Yes, can't change what is done so may as well enjoy what is there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter