Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

Hi Lessa, I think I've seen you on IG a few times, but have been MIA around here a while so trying to get caught up!

They were very charming and we talked about how rose gold was all the fashion lately in Agrabah.

Isn't rose gold all the fashion everywhere? I love it.

I had read so many good things about the Oooey Gooey Toffee Cake and I just had to try it.

Looks amazing. On my list of things to try one day too.

In life news, my brother Alek, who some of you may remember from my previous reports, was hit by a car last week.

I'm so sorry, how scary this must have been. I'm so glad he is ok.

June 17 - Magic Kingdom

After our relaxing visit to the Wilderness Lodge we hopped on a boat over to the Contemporary.

While at the Contemporary I took some time to really examine the mural which I have never taken the time to do in the past.

Next it was onto the monorail for a ride over to the Poly!

On the ride over the heavens opened up and a crazy rain storm started. You could barely see it was raining so hard. This put a small damper on our visit to the Poly as we couldn't wander the grounds.

Mom grabbed a seat in the lobby while I browed around the gift shops and had fun with the tiki men.

Once the rain let up a little bit Mom braved the quick dash out the doors and over to Pineapple Lanai to grab us some Dole Whips!

While you can get Dole Whips in the park I love our traditional afternoon resort tour and getting a dole whip at the Poly.

Back to the monorail to head off to the next resort and along the way all of us riding the monorail got to take in this spectacular full rainbow arching over Seven Seas Lagoon.

It really was a beautiful sight!

I just love the beauty of the Grand Floridian including all the characters incorporated into the beautiful designs on the floor.

First stop was the Basin White store to look for my favourite Earl Grey lip balms that were not sold at the Disney Springs location. My mission was successful and I was able to pick up a few.

There was some lovely music playing in the lobby. When we arrived somebody was playing the piano and then the orchestra started playing after that. It really added to the atmosphere of the resort.

Another first for us, we made our way outside and walked the grounds of the resort. It really is lovely and very peaceful. I would love to stay here someday.

The sad memorial for the little boy that lost his life here.

Mom and I decided to try out Gasparilla Grill for dinner.

I got the Chicken and brie sandwich - Grilled chicken and ham on a brioche bun served with french fries

I was surprised by the strawberry jam on the bun but it was delicious with the brie and chicken.

Mom got the chicken and mushroom pizza which was delicious!!

We got to use our refillable mugs again so it really paid off to bring them with us this day.

After dinner we toddled over to the boat dock and made our way back to the Magic Kingdom for the evening.

It was a beautiful boat ride as the skies had cleared from the storm and the late afternoon lighting added a nice glow to everything.

What a nice time resort hopping! Especially getting to see that beautiful rainbow!

I really need to spend more time at the GF...never realized they had characters displayed on the floor!

First stop was the Basin White store to look for my favourite Earl Grey lip balms that were not sold at the Disney Springs location. My mission was successful and I was able to pick up a few.

I have found that these places have totally different things in DS and at the GF. There's this almond moisturizer that I have only seen at the DS location. Glad you were able to get the coveted lip balm!

Resort hopping is so fun! I love all the details at each monorail resort. Wow, the chicken and mushroom pizza does look really good, this combo is a favorite of mine. I will need to try this sometime!

If you get refillable mugs can they be used at the likes of Ohana breakfast?

What a nice time resort hopping! Especially getting to see that beautiful rainbow!

I really need to spend more time at the GF...never realized they had characters displayed on the floor!

So many lovely details at the resorts.

I have found that these places have totally different things in DS and at the GF. There's this almond moisturizer that I have only seen at the DS location. Glad you were able to get the coveted lip balm!

Yep, I asked the clerk and apparently it is because the store at the Grand Floridian is "Basin White" and the one at Disney Springs is just "Basin". Basin White has separate items that are not available at regular Basin stores.

Resort hopping is so fun! I love all the details at each monorail resort. Wow, the chicken and mushroom pizza does look really good, this combo is a favorite of mine. I will need to try this sometime!

It was so good. I actually preferred it to my meal even though my meal was also very good.

No, refillable mugs can only be used at resort refill stations which are usually found at the resort counter service locations.
Does poly have one, like if we brought the mug we could fill it before breakfast maybe?

That mural is so beautiful and so detailed!

That rainbow over the Seven Seas was delightful. And the shot you got with it in the background of the lighthouse was very touching.

Glad you were able to find your lip balms at the Basin store and have a successful resort hopping afternoon!

That mural is so beautiful and so detailed!

That rainbow over the Seven Seas was delightful. And the shot you got with it in the background of the lighthouse was very touching.

Glad you were able to find your lip balms at the Basin store and have a successful resort hopping afternoon!

The rainbow was lovely and did add that special touch to the memorial.

Nothing better than resort hopping! What a great afternoon!

Resort hopping is one of my favourite things to do on an afternoon break from Magic Kingdom. It is relaxing and gets you away from the crowds and the heat.

June 17 - Magic Kingdom

We were back at Magic Kingdom around 7:45 and ready for a relaxing evening. I made mom stop for several photopass pictures which she wasn't much in the mood for but I have a hard time passing by a photopass photographer!

Mom had no real desire to run around the park and it was approaching that time of day to start thinking about a spot to view Happily Ever After. So we decided that we would go grab a spot where she could relax and wait for the show while I rode Space Mountain which I had been able to grab an extra fastpass for earlier in the day. My original plan before the trip was to head back to the Tangled bathroom area as soon as it got dark to get a photopass photo but after seeing Happily Ever After earlier in the trip I really wanted to see it again so now I was planning to dash back there after the fireworks and pray that the line was not too long.

We decided that we would watch Happily Ever After from the same spot as last time as it worked out so well for us. As we were getting settled I heard my name and it was a random Dis encounter! Back towards the start of my trip I had found out that one of my Dis friends from years ago was also staying at AKL and vacationing at the same time as us. Throughout the trip it seemed that we were following the same itinerary but slightly behind each other as we were always just missing each other by a few minutes. Well, we finally ran into each other! We chatted for a few minutes and then against all Dis meet odds we remembered to take a photo!

I also got a picture with her daughter, my Rose Gold buddy who had encouraged me to go for it and buy the backpack.

It was so fun having this random chance encounter!

After we said goodbye I left Mom to relax in our fireworks spot while I made my way over to Tomorrowland for my ride on Space Mountain.

I did stop for a quick photo on the way.

When I got to Space Mountain I initially thought that it was down as the wait time displays were not working. Turns out they had been struck by lightning during the afternoon storm!!! So the ride was up but the wait time display was down.

I always forget how much fun this ride is and it sometimes becomes an afterthought for me in my planning.

The exit from the ride was diverted, I think because of the TRON construction? I did get a peek through the fence of the huge piece of land that had been cleared to build the new ride. From the reviews I have read about the TRON ride at Shanghai this one should be pretty awesome if it is the same.

I decided to try and grab a Cheshire Tail to snack on before heading back to Mom but that was a major fail as the Cheshire Cafe closed at 5.

I took a few pictures on my way back to Mom.

I loved Happily Ever After just as much as the first time!

It was now time to fight against the exiting crowds and dash back to the Tangled bathrooms to get my desired photopass photo. Mom told me to hurry ahead and that she would catch up with me. This was a good plan as there were already several people in line by the time I got there and the line built up quickly behind me.

I'm not a huge fan of how I look in these photos but that is just because I am an awkward photo taker. Otherwise I think this photopass opportunity is lovely and I hope it is still around on my next trip so I can try to get some slightly less awkward photos. The only real negative of this photopass spot is that it is so popular that they rush you through it but that may also have been because we were there right at park close time. They run it like a well-oiled machine churning us all through it - look straight forward, look down, look up, look at each other. I think it took a minute to get our photos taken. :laughing: This doesn't allow for much originality or variety of poses.

Also, reminder to self, I need to crop these photos so that you can't see Mom and the line hovering on the sidelines.

I just love this area, especially at night when it is all lit up. Here are my poor photos. I really need to work on my night photography before I head to Japan in the Fall.

The park was closed at this point so we slowly made our way out.

We stopped at the Starbucks on Main St so I could purchase the Magic Kingdom mug. I also ordered the Mermaid cupcake and we both got big cups of ice water.

The cupcake was delicious!! I ate the cookie on it that night and saved the cupcake for the next day. Both the cookie and the cupcake itself were yummy.

We ran into my Dis friend and her family again on our way out of the park and so we wall waited for the bus together since we were going to the same place.

It was a great but long day and I was TIRED!

Wow, learned something new again, with those lights back by the Tangled bathrooms. Is there a line?

Wow, learned something new again, with those lights back by the Tangled bathrooms. Is there a line?

If you want the photopass picture holding the lantern there is a line and usually a decently long one. No line to take pictures of the area though as it is just a bathroom! ;)

I decided to try and grab a Cheshire Tail to snack on before heading back to Mom but that was a major fail as the Cheshire Cafe closed at 5.
I didn't realize it closed so early. The Cheshire Tail was on my "to try" list but we never did get around to it. Just as well since most of our MK days were either early morning or late night.

It was now time to fight against the exiting crowds and dash back to the Tangled bathrooms to get my desired photopass photo.
My family wanted to get this done, but every time we walked past there was at least 20 people in line and we assumed it would take more than half an hour. Perhaps it goes faster though. Oh well, something for next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts