Meet Me At The Kitchen Sink! A 9/13/08 Beaches & Cream Mini-dismeet!

Myself and D-Boyfriend will be there! I think we should invite our families, or whoever is going to be with you on your vacation along! The more the merrier and it just gives us more of an excuse to order yummy treats!! :thumbsup2 47 days here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Myself and D-Boyfriend will be there! I think we should invite our families, or whoever is going to be with you on your vacation along! The more the merrier and it just gives us more of an excuse to order yummy treats!! :thumbsup2 47 days here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

I think that is a good idea too, if all of the DH's are willing :rotfl: It will be fun to meet everyone and share a few stories.....Me and Paparazzimama are traveling together with our DH's and kiddos so we will defintely be there. I just can't say the same about DH :confused3

Looking forward to it!!!!:goodvibes Our date is getting closer and closer, and once school starts time is really going to fly!!!:banana:

YAY!!!!!! :cool1: This is turning out to be a good little meet! The time is definitely flexible so I guess once it comes "down to the wire" we will see what works best for everybody and set the time then. I do have a question for you guys, though. Are your husbands, wives, kids coming along? My dh is wanting to try a No Way Jose so therefore the kiddos would be in-two too. Doesn't matter either way, just wanted to see what everyone else had in mind. :goodvibes

Ok, so I admit I completely overlooked your post :confused3 Don't know what happened there. I think I can safely say now that if your DH is going them my DH and kiddos will be there as well! :thumbsup2

Ummmm AANNNDDD we only have 7 more Monday mornings to wake up to until we leave!! :banana: :banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Ok, so I admit I completely overlooked your post :confused3 Don't know what happened there. I think I can safely say now that if your DH is going them my DH and kiddos will be there as well! :thumbsup2

Ummmm AANNNDDD we only have 7 more Monday mornings to wake up to until we leave!! :banana: :banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2:

HEY, THAT IS SO FUNNY!! I ONLY HAVE 6 MORE MONDAY'S:dance3: :yay:

YOU ALL ARE SO CUTE~!!::cutie:
KATHY:flower3:

Okay, so now that we're in the "home stretch", let's get acquainted! :goodvibes

My name is Melonie, dh is Brandon, dd7 is Brooke, and ds5 is Bo! We will be flying in from New Orleans on Thursday a.m. 9/11/08 and staying at POR until 9/16/08 p.m. I am a bookkeeper and dh is a youth pastor. We absolutely LOVE Disney!!!! Are already hoping for a bounceback offer so we can book for next year while we're there during free dining! Totally stoked about trying lots of new Disney restaurants!
Family238.jpg

Ok, My turn. I'm Katie. My DH is Jason. We have 3 kiddos, DS Peyton (8) DD Emma (5) and DD Sydney (4). We too will be flying into Orlando the morning of 9/11. We are very excited b/c this will be the first time that we have flown as a family. Also, the trip is a total surprise for the kiddos. They have no clue that we are going!!! :rotfl2: I abslolutely CAN NOT wait!!! :banana: I am a SAHM and my DH works for BASF. I am so ready for a vacation it isn't funny. We are really looking forward to trying some new restaurants this time and are really happy to have been able to take advantange of the Free DDP with the Deluxe upgrade! It doesn't get any better than that!!! We will be staying at POR for the first time and are soooo ready! :) I can't wait to meet all of you DIsers. It should be a lot of fun! :goodvibes

All of the pics below are from our November 2007 trip!

Below is all of us at The Boardwalk for dinner.

l_80152a37d5d53d2552cd4c273c349e17.jpg

Me and my crazy DH at Yak and Yeti
l_0da25916776249bf16a57c7631571126.jpg

My kiddos outside of HDDR. They got to open the show and all recieved certificates!!

l_1dbf53fb7eb40413a252d73fa57d0894.jpg

A late night at MK! :rotfl:

l_c0d941b59c8a2dcb9b9e39fa73e40ee5.jpg

Ooooooh yay!!!!!! You posted Disney pics!!!! I wanna play too! LOL! (Some of these are from '07 Thanksgiving trip and some are from early '06)
Waiting area for CRT
l_e51875f96725a8bf380cbc13e5116530.jpg

DH and I at Yak & Yeti Thanksgiving day
l_d0539f19c3900bd1d3fc47f7d970957a.jpg

Kiddos in "Mexico" at Epcot
100_2645.jpg

Gotta love some teacups!
100_2640.jpg

Kids' first time to ride Splash Mountain - Brooke was NOT happy! LOL
100_2630_2.jpg

Beautiful Pocahontas!
100_2600.jpg

Rainforest Cafe
100_2584.jpg

It's tough to be a bug!!!
100_2577.jpg

The BEST dessert at Disney World - almond crusted cheesecake from Narcoossee's!
100_2570.jpg

Hope to see some pics from the rest of you soon. :goodvibes

Hi everyone!!! Mom_of_3_70737 and I will be in WDW for free dining this September and were hoping to get acquainted with some of you awesome disers and meet up for a late night ice cream snack on Saturday, September 13th at 9:00p.m. or so. The plan is to meet at the Boardwalk's Beaches & Cream soda fountain for two of my favorite things - ice cream and Disney conversation! :goodvibes We would LOVE LOVE LOVE for any and all dissers that will be there on that date to come and meet up with us! It gives us 4 months to post on this thread and get to know each other better. I look forward to reading your posts!!! popcorn::

Just a quick FYI, Beaches & Cream is at the Beach Club (Not Boardwalk).

We're arriving on the 13th and staying at the Boardwalk. Dinner at Big River Grill and Beerworks then a relaxing evening on the Boardwalk.

I've been to Beach's and Cream (the "No Way Jose" sundae is awesome!!!) and I'm sure I can convince the family that we should go out for icecream that night to meet up with some fellow DIS'ers. I mean, who doesn't like ice cream?

We're not doing any parks the day of arrival, so assuming the DD who will be 6mos cooperates, the whole family should be there. If not, it will probably be just me and my DS4 stopping on by. This sounds fun.

Just a quick FYI, Beaches & Cream is at the Beach Club (Not Boardwalk).

We're arriving on the 13th and staying at the Boardwalk. Dinner at Big River Grill and Beerworks then a relaxing evening on the Boardwalk.

I've been to Beach's and Cream (the "No Way Jose" sundae is awesome!!!) and I'm sure I can convince the family that we should go out for icecream that night to meet up with some fellow DIS'ers. I mean, who doesn't like ice cream?

We're not doing any parks the day of arrival, so assuming the DD who will be 6mos cooperates, the whole family should be there. If not, it will probably be just me and my DS4 stopping on by. This sounds fun.

YAY!!!!! Another disser! :cool1: And thanks for the info on the location - I would hate to have everyone at the wrong place! LOL! Looking forward to meeting you and your family! :goodvibes

Seeing I'm late to the post, introductions are in order for myself and my family as well.

My name is Jason, my DW is Christine (friends call her Tina), my DS is Colin who will be 4 next month (pretty obvious my screen name is colinsdad), and my new DD Ava is 4mos and will be 6mos when we arrive.

I've been hooked on Disney as long as I have a memory. I was brought to WDW often as a child going almost every year till I was 10. (I'm going to age myself when I say my first visit was when I was only 3 years old in '73 and we stayed at the Contemporary). My Disney Life timeline is part of my signature.

My son's first visit to Disney was at 6weeks. He's been 4 other times since then (and 3 of them solo with Dad). I've gone so many times that my goal every trip now is to try to do something I've never done before. Last year it was DiveQuest, this trip I'm thinking Segway's at EpCOT. I was going to do the surfing lessons, but they were cancelled!!:sad1:

Some of my Disney favorites at MK are HM, POTC, and BLSRS.
At DHS its RnR, HToT, and ST.
At AK its EE, KS, and KRR.
Finally at EpCOT its MS and TT, and my favorite Pavillions are UK :drinking1 , France (Patisserie=YUM), and USA.

IMG_0512.jpg

COLIN AT DONALD'S BREAKFASTASAURIS OCT'07

IMG_0454.jpg

ME "ONSTAGE" AT DISNEY DIVEQUEST WAIVING TO MY SON

:tinker::
Okay, so now that we're in the "home stretch", let's get acquainted! :goodvibes

My name is Melonie, dh is Brandon, dd7 is Brooke, and ds5 is Bo! We will be flying in from New Orleans on Thursday a.m. 9/11/08 and staying at POR until 9/16/08 p.m. I am a bookkeeper and dh is a youth pastor. We absolutely LOVE Disney!!!! Are already hoping for a bounceback offer so we can book for next year while we're there during free dining! Totally stoked about trying lots of new Disney restaurants!
Family238.jpg
YOU HAVE A VERY LOVELY FAMILY!!:cutie: WISH WE WERE GOING AT THE SAME TIME!!
SENDING YOU SOME:tinker: :tinker: FOR YOUR TRIP!!
LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE SPRAYGROUND!!
KATHY

Ok, My turn. I'm Katie. My DH is Jason. We have 3 kiddos, DS Peyton (8) DD Emma (5) and DD Sydney (4). We too will be flying into Orlando the morning of 9/11. We are very excited b/c this will be the first time that we have flown as a family. Also, the trip is a total surprise for the kiddos. They have no clue that we are going!!! :rotfl2: I abslolutely CAN NOT wait!!! :banana: I am a SAHM and my DH works for BASF. I am so ready for a vacation it isn't funny. We are really looking forward to trying some new restaurants this time and are really happy to have been able to take advantange of the Free DDP with the Deluxe upgrade! It doesn't get any better than that!!! We will be staying at POR for the first time and are soooo ready! :) I can't wait to meet all of you DIsers. It should be a lot of fun! :goodvibes

All of the pics below are from our November 2007 trip!

hi katie, you have a very sweet family!!
hoping you all have a wonderful trip!!:cutie:

Below is all of us at The Boardwalk for dinner.

l_80152a37d5d53d2552cd4c273c349e17.jpg

Me and my crazy DH at Yak and Yeti
l_0da25916776249bf16a57c7631571126.jpg

My kiddos outside of HDDR. They got to open the show and all recieved certificates!!

l_1dbf53fb7eb40413a252d73fa57d0894.jpg

A late night at MK! :rotfl:

l_c0d941b59c8a2dcb9b9e39fa73e40ee5.jpg

hi katie you have a sweet family!!
have a wonderful trip!!
sending some!:tinker: :tinker: your way !!
hey and eat some desert for me!!:cool1:

Hi,
I am interested! Can you tell me the best way to get there from GF? (We are eating dinner there - not staying there unfortunately! :laughing: )

Hi,
I am interested! Can you tell me the best way to get there from GF? (We are eating dinner there - not staying there unfortunately! :laughing: )

Resort to resort travel is often tricky, but the GF is a great place to start at. :)

The very best way is to take the monorail from GF one stop to the MK. From there, walk down the gangway and make the short walk over to the MK bus stop. Opposite side from monorail.

At the MK bus stop, take the bus that goes to the Yacht and Beach Club.

At the Yacht and Beach Club, get off at the main building. Just tell the bus driver what you're doing and he/she will tell you the best spot to get off at. Beaches and Cream is directly between these 2 resorts on the boardwalk (lake) side next to Stormalong Bay.

Hope you can make it:thumbsup2

We just made our dinner reservations today for the Big River Grille and Beerworks for the 13th and will be making the trip over to Beaches and Cream for the meet (and a "No Way Jose" sundae. YUM!!)

Resort to resort travel is often tricky, but the GF is a great place to start at. :)

The very best way is to take the monorail from GF one stop to the MK. From there, walk down the gangway and make the short walk over to the MK bus stop. Opposite side from monorail.

At the MK bus stop, take the bus that goes to the Yacht and Beach Club.

At the Yacht and Beach Club, get off at the main building. Just tell the bus driver what you're doing and he/she will tell you the best spot to get off at. Beaches and Cream is directly between these 2 resorts on the boardwalk (lake) side next to Stormalong Bay.

Hope you can make it:thumbsup2

We just made our dinner reservations today for the Big River Grille and Beerworks for the 13th and will be making the trip over to Beaches and Cream for the meet (and a "No Way Jose" sundae. YUM!!)

Thanks so much for the directions!! I hope we will be able to make it, I found pics of the "kitchen sink" to show DH tonight! :)

:welcome: So glad to have you join us!
Thanks!! Once confirmed we can definitely come, I'll post pics of the family! :) (Or you can check us out in the link below for my PTR)...

I will miss the meet. We are there from August 29 to Sept 4 (leaving that day)... sorry

So sorry that we are going to miss each other. :sad1: I hope that you and your have an AMAZING trip and can snag a couple of "dreams" along the way. :goodvibes Wow! You are really close to your departure date - awesome! :woohoo:

I know... I can smell the Disney Happiness air... People must think i am nuts, BUT who cares... I love Disney... Hopefully we can meet fellow Dsiney fanatics like our family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter