Medical Form for Food Allergy??

disneyfool_1202

The countdown has begun!!
My son is allergic to nuts- not just peanuts but ALL nuts (doesn't make life easy).
Do I need to fill out the medical form for him or just notify the server?

I would fill out the medical form beforehand and that way your servers are aware of the allergy before dinner. My dad filled out the form to inform DCL of his diabetes and the servers would tell him everynight what would be acceptible for him.

My son is also alergic to tree nuts in addition to all fish and sea food. I filled out the form beforhand and called to make sure they received it. When we went to our first meal in the dining room the head server came over and assured us that all of my sons food served in the dining room would be overseen by him and it was. Keep in mind this only works at dinner when you have your regular wait staff. If you eat in the dining rooms any other time I would just remind your server of your child's allergies. The same is true at the buffets and fast service counters.

DCL is great with allergies, and they are especially familiar with nut allergies. Do fill out the medical form in advance. The head server will meet with you on the first night and make sure that he understands everything. At breakfast and lunch, do remind your server. The system does fall apart at the buffet. They can handle it, and a head server will actually walk thru the line with you. They can also tell you about food at the fast food outlet. They even have it down to the ice cream flavors on Castaway (the cookies and cream is not peanut safe).

A few years ago my family and I were on the Wonder. My DDs are both allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. In addition to what others have posted I offer this piece of advice: pack some of you DS's favorite treats with you. We had a very conservative head server, who hesitated about serving them anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm super cautious about what I let them eat -- no foods with possible traces, etc. -- but how many fruit plates can a 3 year-old eat before revolting? So, avoid the tears and pack some safe cookies, cupcakes, etc. Also, while we were on board the soft-serve at Scoops was safe. Once we found that out I made sure they had some every day.

:tinker:DVCDawn

Yes, turn in the medical form! You want DCL to be prepared for your child.

I have two DS with life threaten nut allergies. Plus they are allergic to anatto, which is a seed. DCL is great with their food allergies! When we were on the Wonder last month, we were told that they could not serve my boys until they got approval from the chef.:thumbsup2

:) We have cruise with DCL 8 times. I think every time they are even more allergy aware then the last time. Which is saying alot, because I thought they were great on our first cruise! This is why we have cruise with them so many times. :love:

As you know it is hard to travel with our children. Normally, you have to have a food plan before you leave home, for every meal. On the ship you don't have to worry about that. It is someone else's job. :cloud9:

On port days we will get up and feed the kids a good breakfast. Then we will all head off the ship for a few hours. Which is all little kids can handle anyway. ;) We will then head back to the ship for lunch. Sometimes, after lunch we will leave the kids in group and my DH and I will go back into port.

The kids group is great also. You will have to sign a medical form giving them permission to give the epi-pen. The staff is very well trained on the allergy.:thumbsup2 They will tell you what activities your child should avoid. Like there is a cookie making session, not safe for PA/TA. I have even let my children eat with the children group while my DH and I were on an excursion.

Have a great trip!!!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter