Med cruises price increase???

goterps1986

Mouseketeer
We just went in today to book our med cruise for 6/18/11 and the prices have gone up quite a bit since yesterday!! :confused3 Any idea why? This was very upsetting when we noticed this today. We were all set to book so I don't know what happened. :scared1: Thanks.

Wow - what a jump. The prices are always in flux. I'm going to chance it and wait for last minute deals.

Wow! I'm glad I booked awhile ago. For our categories it has gone up $2580.00

I have no idea why, and I'm really jumping in where I probably have no business since I'm clueless, but is it possible that the released some special rates in the last couple of days in Europe that resulted in increased sales? I would've thought that those rates would have been posted on here, though, if that was the case - the DISboards are always the first place to know about anything!

This is the first time we looked at the Med cruises. So these prices have gone up and down? It's best to wait and see if they go back down? Or is it possible they will go up even higher?

Hard to believe we missed this by less than 24 hours!!! And such a big difference. This really put a damper on our weekend and our planning. We decided we going to go for it! Now it's hard to book something one day later at a much higher price. Thanks.

This is the first time we looked at the Med cruises. So these prices have gone up and down? It's best to wait and see if they go back down? Or is it possible they will go up even higher?

Hard to believe we missed this by less than 24 hours!!! And such a big difference. This really put a damper on our weekend and our planning. We decided we going to go for it! Now it's hard to book something one day later at a much higher price. Thanks.

Can you go on the June 8 cruise instead? The prices started out higher when first released last fall, then dropped.

Wow I just had a look at ours for July 20th, what an increase!

Also for some reason, the insides 10a - 11c are $6,104.98 to $6,664.98

Oceanviews start at $5,784.98!! Whats all that about?

Kate

WOW!! We are booked for June 8th and before i wanted to do the 11 nt (June 18th), but just cannot justify the $800 more for an additional 1 night, much more now i think its over $1200 increase!!! From what i read here on DIS, Nov 09 DCL offered a kids sail free ( someone correct me if i'm wrong) for some 2010 MED sailings for Cat 12....

It was the weekend of thanksgiving in 2009 that the Med cat 12's for 2010 came out. I would say more discounts are on the horizon.

If you're interested in a category 5B on the 5/28/11 sailing, it's going for about $1200.00 less than a category 7A. It appears they forgot to increase the price on that category.

I'm not sure how long this will last.

If you're interested in a category 5B on the 5/28/11 sailing, it's going for about $1200.00 less than a category 7A. It appears they forgot to increase the price on that category.

I'm not sure how long this will last.

There are a number of goofy prices on that sailing:

11A - $1569 pp
10C - $1589 pp
9C - $1689 pp
9B - $2509 pp
9A - $2669 pp
5B (that you mentioned) - $2299 pp
5C - $3179 pp

When you consider a category 5A is over $2,000 more than a category 5B you know something is wrong.

I don't believe I've ever seen prices jump this high and do so in the middle of the afternoon like they did today.

When you consider a category 5A is over $2,000 more than a category 5B you know something is wrong.

I don't believe I've ever seen prices jump this high and do so in the middle of the afternoon like they did today.

Not only is the 5B less than a cat. 7, but it's less than a cat 9A or 9B oceanview!

I noticed that 6/8 one but we can't go on that one or the one in May because our DD is still in school. We have taken her out in the past but she will be in high school now and that won't work now. That's way too long so it has to be the summer.

They only offer 7 nts in Aug. What mess!! We were so pumped up and ready to book it and I don't know what happened since yesterday. Maybe they will run the kids sail free or something. We called and they told us they have a "revenue team" that figures out pricing based on how booking is going. I guess the 6/18 one must have picked up lately. I'm not sure what we'll do now. Maybe they'll "fix" it tomorrow or something!

Wow! That is quite a big jump in pricing.

We booked our med in June while aboard the Wonder and I am so glad we did. I was watching the prices hoping for a decrease. It is still possible I guess:confused3:confused3. We can always hope!

WOW!! We are booked for June 8th and before i wanted to do the 11 nt (June 18th), but just cannot justify the $800 more for an additional 1 night, much more now i think its over $1200 increase!!! From what i read here on DIS, Nov 09 DCL offered a kids sail free ( someone correct me if i'm wrong) for some 2010 MED sailings for Cat 12....

In Sept 09, Disney offered Kids Sail Free for at least the Spring 2010 Med cruise as we booked the cruise then. then in Nov 2009, they offered an even better rate for Cat 12 GTY with Kids Sail Free and we cut the cruise cost in 1/2 by switching from our Cat 10 room to do Cat 12 GTY.

I believe Disney had some trouble filling at least the spring Med cruises.

I have no idea what they are seeing on 2011 cruises. Could they have raised the rates based on renewed interest and bookings?

Bookings must have picked up recently. And they don't always raise each category the same as the next - it's all supply & demand. They had a price increase on our very first cruise while we thought about it over the weekend. I got prices on a Friday for 2 diff. dates & we kicked it around over the weekend. When I called on Monday to book I found out they'd raised prices on Sunday.:headache:

I originally booked our Med cruise on release day last year & have since flopped dates, cruise length & room categories more than once. I am currently on the Aug. 13 and was originally in a Cat 10A SPH cabin. They cut the price on June 20th on the 3rd & 4th persons only for the inside cabins. Being a family of 3 that was only going to save us $153. At the same time however, they SLASHED the prices on the verandah categories across the board for persons 1 thru 4. When booking first started a verandah cabin started at about $1,200 more than our Cat 10A. When they cut the prices it enabled us to go not only to a verandah but to a 5C verandah (YAY no solid wall Cat 6 or a Navigators 7) for a net increase of only $380!!! This is after our rebooking discount and takes into account another $100 increase in our onboard credit which is why I say NET increase. I figured I'd much rather take advantage of SLASHED prices than a pitance of a savings so we upgraded. TODAY I looked & the Cat 10A had gone up by $220 pp for the first 2 pp but the price for #3 & 4 did not go up. Now on our 5C there was a HUGE increase!! The price for the first 2 pp went up by $630 each - but again, the prices on #3 & 4 did not go up.

I wonder if they've raised them in anticipation of a KSF offer or something.:confused3 One where they'd make us cancel our orig. booking & rebook at the new price in order to get the KSF deal?? That wouldn't be worth it for us but it might benefit someone with more than 3 people.:confused3

I wonder if they've raised them in anticipation of a KSF offer or something.:confused3 One where they'd make us cancel our orig. booking & rebook at the new price in order to get the KSF deal?? That wouldn't be worth it for us but it might benefit someone with more than 3 people.:confused3

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe they have raised the prices because they are getting ready to offer some type of discount. Probably offered for new bookings only, so the only way to get the offer is to rebook at the new price.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe they have raised the prices because they are getting ready to offer some type of discount. Probably offered for new bookings only, so the only way to get the offer is to rebook at the new price.

I wonder if the UK Residents Offer is about to come on line. It is showing on a Disney Travel Agents UK website, for all Med cruise dates. DU are not aware of it, so maybe it is just for UK TA's. I am not sure whether it is bookable, not tried a UK TA to find out.

Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter