Meals in 2 bedroom

EeyoreME

Mouseketeer
We'll be staying at GFV with friends of ours... so 4 adults and 5 children, 10,8, 6,6 &2. It'll be our friends first time going to DW and we're thinking of eating some meals in our room. We're thinking of eating breakfast in our room... eggs, toast, cereal, etc.... bring some snacks with us since I know our 6 year old can get hungry quick... but wasn't sure about dinners... we were thinking spagetti, mac & cheese/hotdogs easy for the kiddos... anyone else have any ideas? Probably going to eat dinner in our room 3 ... maybe 4 times.

We usually buy a few frozen pizzas and maybe a frozen lasagna-easy and yummy. Caesar salad kits. Quesadilla or taco fixings. All easy to make but most folks like and you can feed your whole group for less than one person’s entree at a TS.

I also really appreciate having yummy snacks in the room-wine and cheese spread and crackers, maybe sliced up pineapple and veggies. And ice cream and hot fudge!

thanks for the tips so far! We're new to dvc.. had one first stay this past July! So we're still learning :D

Ready bake cookies are a must for my family for dessert or an afternoon snack. I like to roast some veggies in the oven and sauté some seasoned chicken in a skillet. Easy and healthy. We always eat breakfast in the room it’s so cheap to make vs buying onsite.

our last trip we also did salad kits and steamable veggie Bags just to make sure the kids ate something green. Dinner we also bought frozen dumplings (had spaghetti 3x and hotdogs once). Breakfast - grits, sausage, hashbrowns, cereal, bacon, eggs. (We had 9 nights). We also bought ice cream, cheese snacks, fruit for a cheap evening snack.
that was our first dvc trip and during reduced Covid hours. I made a spreadsheet of what we bought after and what worked for us and how much we needed. i also made a note to bring scissors...

We had our first stay in a 1BR last summer. We did a grocery order through Walmart and picked it up. We cooked spaghetti, tacos, eggs, bacon, and biscuits. We also got lunch meat for sandwiches and tons of grab and go snacks. Frozen pizzas wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Here are some common timeshare meals we've made over the years. The limiting factor is usually a much narrower spice rack/condiment shelf than I have at home, with a lack of good pans a close second. The common thread to most of these is that they are more like assembling a meal than cooking one.

* Tacos or fajitas (seasoning packets make up for lack of spices)
* Pasta w/meatballs (get premade fresh meatballs and bake them if the store has them).
* Rotisserie chicken w/frozen garlic bread and veggies
* Frozen lasagna (these can be surprisingly edible, especially with a little extra sauce)
* Salad kits
* Brats/hot dogs (the broiler makes up for not having a grill right out back)
* Stir fry w/fresh protein, veg, and the best sauce you can find in the store

I also often do steaks on the grill with potatoes in the oven in non-DVC timeshares, but most DVC grills are charcoal and I generally don't take the extra time to light a fire in them.

One trick I’ve started with travel is to bring a small box of my favorite spices-we buy Penzey’s spices and have some small sturdy boxes from them that fit four of their little boxes, so it’s perfect.

We usually do breakfast in the room, lunch and dinner we are usually in the parks. For breakfast we have eggs, bacon, English muffins, croissants, Mickey waffles, tater tots, banana bread, blueberry muffins and cereal. Most days we made something quick like a croissant with egg and bacon. I cook a pound of bacon in the oven on a large cookie sheet. Since Garden Grill was and is closed for breakfast, our favorite character breakfast place, we make it in the room. Usually make so much we can eat it for a couple of days. We bring a Mickey waffle maker with us, we drive.

We always saw the kitchen as the number 1 reason to buy DVC. We always ate breakfast before going to the parks. When the kids were younger we came back to the room for naps and ate dinner early before returning to the parks. As the kids got older we came back around lunch time, used the pools, ate dinner and returned to close the parks. We could pool hop in those days so that was nice. We would usually do 1 character meal per trip as a splurge, and had Dole Whips and Mouse bars as snacks every day. We always had a 1BR or 2BR for the kitchen. We either drove down or rented a car so our first stop was a grocery store to stock up for the trip. We ate the same meals we ate at home, roast beef, chicken, potatoes, fresh vegetables, we even cooked a turkey dinner one Christmas, lol. We could buy a case of beer, some wine, juice and soda for the kids, park snacks (we always took gummy snacks, granola bars, etc ).

Most of our trips were 10 to 14 nights so the cost savings were huge over eating at the parks. I guess if our trips were shorter we would see the advantage of eating at the parks. Thinking back over 20 plus trips, I figure we have eaten at most of the major on-site restaurants once or twice like the castle, Beauty and the Beast, Prime Time, Sci-fi diner, Hoop de doo, Ohana, etc.

Even now when its just the 2 of us, we get a studio but bring in enough food so we don't have to spend a ton of money at the parks. Now (pre covid), we go off site to eat if we feel the need but our trips now are over 14 days at a time so we spend less time at the parks and more time exploring the resorts or just sitting on our AK balcony and watch the animals with a bottle of wine.
Tony and Debbie

Just came back from BWV. We stopped at SAMs and picked up some easy to fix meals. Butterfly shrimp and fried rice was better than our meal at AMC for 1/5 of the price. Also got Cobb salad, rotisserie chicken, breakfast sandwiches, muffins, etc. It was nice to be able to relax after park days and not have to leave for a table service meal. Trattoria al Forno was definitely worth it though for breakfast.

We have done loaded baked potatoes and burritos for a couple of different meals. Both use similar toppings and you can set the timer on the oven to have the potatoes baked when you get back into the room.

We cook a good breakfast every day. We pick up some healthyish snacks. If you are inspired, VGF is one of the few DVC resorts that have good quality gas grills. I believe they are Vikings. We were shocked when we saw them. There is no reason you couldn’t do steaks and baked potatoes one night.

We almost always have a breakfast of cereal and toast in the room (with the exceptionof a couple of character buffet breakfasts in the old days). What we eat in the room for lunch or dinner was dependent on what we'd eaten in the parks. A big, calorie-laden meal out and possibly a dessert/snack, would lead us to have a light, healthier meal and some fruit in the room.

My wife and I with friends bring with us, adult beverages,cheese and crackers chips and other snacks for when we first arrive. We tail gate in the parking lot or somewhere around the resort while waiting for or room.
For breakfast we do the full spread. Eggs,bacon,corn beef hash,toast and muffins.
The last few times we have done the full dinner. Last time we stayed at Boulder Ridge and took advantage of the gas grills available to the members. We had steaks, roasted vegetables, baked potatoes and desert of some kind.
Oh we also had more adult beverages.
We arrive by car and are only there for one night so we bring everything with us (food and drinks) from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!