Meal vouchers?

ScrapperKimmyD

I'm all a-twitter!
I've heard that there is a meal-club-thing at WDW, then a friend said they have that at DL, too.

Then I just read here something about meal vouchers - I've not heard anything about that.

How does that work and do I need to do it???

It is nothing like WDW's program. Its a voucher program. It does not save any money. Well, ok, it might save a couple dollars, but not enough to really count. Its a great budgeting tool if you want to plan in advance, but that is about it.

My family has used it a couple of times. We booked the trips way in advance, when we had a large chunk of money. Because we are horrible at saving, and I was afraid we would spend the money on something else, I bought the dinning program. Then I knew going into the trip that we had about $300 in meals paid for, and would not go hungry.

If you want more details about the program, let me knw and I 'll tell you more.

My understanding is that WDW has some "good deal" vouchers but DLR just has voucher which you purchase for face value. Basically at DLR, you pay $20 and get a meal voucher for $20.00. There isn't any benefit to you for getting the voucher. Another thing to note is that the voucher cannot be used outside of DL & DCA, so if you want to have a meal at IHOP or at one of the restaurants in Downtown Disney, you cannot use your vouchers.

I don't think you can get change back from vouchers either. For instance, you use a $5 voucher to buy a churro (which costs $3.00) and you will not be given $2.00 back for the difference.

Others, please jump in and correct me if I am wrong on anything.....Thanks!

Well, if it's no 'deal', then there is no point it getting it. I'll just use my Disney Visa when I can and get rewarded that way!

Thanks for the info!

your right, those meal vouchers dont really do much... they are mainly used as complimentary...

and yes, we cannot give you the refund of meal voucher, but lets say its $5 voucher... we certainly let you buy more than it is worth and you pay the difference. that way you wont waste the extra ammount :)

Thats what we did. I loved them and will do it again, it makes it easier for us to be able to pay for everything up front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter