Meal Vouchers. Are they worth it?

kabauer

Earning My Ears
Finally down to under a month to go and can't wait. I belong to Hotwire Savings Club and they have meal vouchers for $11.50 for a "quick and casual" lunch or dinner. I imagine this is like Pizza Planet or similar. It includes entree, side(if not included in entree), dessert and non alcoholic beverage. I can't remember exactly what we paid when we went in 2001 for a lunch.

Any opinions on whether this is a good deal???. Has anyone used them in the past and saved money?

There are three of us going. DH, me and DD (6yr old).

We have used them at many places:
Pecos Bill (MK) double hamburger plate side chili and dessert & drink shared by DH and me.

Beaches and Cream (BC)- best deal! you can have a great burger and a fabulous ice cream dessert (not The Kitchen Sink) and tax and gratuity is included!

Tangeriene Cafe in Morroco- Combo plate, plus additional side and drink and an amazing dessert! Well worth it.

Food and Fun(Contem). DH had doublecheese burger, fries, carrot cake and drink. Good value and good food.

Just a few..we are gong to go to the food court at CSR and use them the next time. Others have said they are a really good value ther..there is table service(modified) so the gratuity included is very good deal.

We also love the breakfast vouchers and used them at 1900 PF, Donald's Breakfast at AK, Boma, Spoodles and they are well worth the price ($17.75)

(They are not a good deal at say, Casey's in MK because you probably wouldn't use 11.50 any way).
Connears

check out the menus at www.allearsnet.com.

Not worth it for us, as we don't do multiple courses (i.e. dessert and sides) at counter service restaurants (we do a multi course sit down dinner - and thats plenty of extra calories!). But for a lot of people they really are worth it. Its going to depend on how you eat and how you use them.

I think they are almost always a good deal at certain locations (like Pepper Market). Likewise, the Character Breakfast ones will always save you at least a few dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter