Meal plans?

mlaniewski

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if there are meal plans that you can buy ahead of time? My husband had a hard time spending money on meals when we have a kitchen in the room. Trouble is, I have to cook them. Not much of a vacation for me. I would like to pay for something ahead of time so I can say, "see, honey, already paid for. Might as well go out to eat!"

I tried the restaurant board but found only information on plans including room. As DVCers (soon to be, anyway) room is taken care of! (Woo hoo!!)

Michelle

There was a meal plan several years ago but it's been discontinued. Why don't you make your own meal plan....stash the money and then pull it out as your "paid in advance" meal plan at WDW. ;)

There are meal vouchers that you can buy on ebay and from various other sources (connections). It's not the same but should give you and idea. Otherwise buy charcoal and hand him the steaks and tell him not to come back till they're done.

Does anyone know if you can add the silver plan to a room if you rent points for a dvc member?

I liked the idea of saving the money ahead of time, and saying that the meals out were already paid for. Variation - maybe even better - Buy Disney Dollars to use for meal purchases! Most (All?) restaurants in the World take them.

Originally posted by Mickeycrazie
Does anyone know if you can add the silver plan to a room if you rent points for a dvc member?

You cannot. Those plans are not available to DVC members if they are using points. They are only available as an add on to the Dreammaker room & ticket packages booked through WDTC (or a travel agent).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter