Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR :) - Complete!!!!!

Day 3 - The wedding day! Cinderellas Royal Table

So we got to the castle in time for the reservation and had our group picture taken with cinderella :)

526717_10200435026215814_149757480_n_zps076b8f9f.jpg

After our photo we sat and waited for our name to be called. All in all including one complaint it took us about 45 minutes after our ressie time to be seated.
Disclaimer - I had been to Cinderella's Royal Table before, the food and the service was great and it was an amazing experience, this time around however it was just not the same.
This saddens me as it was Danni and Jason's wedding day after all. Not only did we wait long to be seated but some of the wait staff were down right rude and in a rush to get us in and out. Our complaint about this service caused out waitress to turn to ice pratically and was bordering on rude herself the rest of the evening. In the end Danni and Jason got the meal for free and Me Adam and Calvin were charged one dining token each. Now I have explained this I would like this update to go back to being about their wedding day ::yes::

So, when were seated we were given wishing wands and swords since we were celebrating the wedding :lovestruc

429007_10151332549636912_1461873585_n_zpsb4dfe311.jpg

424158_10151332549006912_910267103_n_zps8b675977.jpg

408375_10151332548796912_1702076326_n_zps4d3fe3e1.jpg

The food we all orderd was lovely but didn't blow us away. We met all the princesses which we enjoyed again (no idea where the photo's have gone tho haha)

At the end of the meal we were given complimentary drinks for our celebration which was definitely a nice touch :goodvibes

12598_4519298732790_1628841971_n_zpsa555cbaf.jpg

All in all I think Danni and Jason enjoed this as their wedding reception meal, it definitely was magical walking down main street late at night pixiedust:

603080_10151332548471912_1211442393_n_zps5d3bd87c.jpg

538415_10151332548381912_755555065_n_zpsefd7cfac.jpg

When we got back to the resort we all went our seperate ways all tried and ready for bed. Before I could sleep though I had to let my hair dwon (literally haha) I think i counted 31 hair clips in total and this was the end result

37099_10151332549711912_1152511815_n_zps2d4c6ee6.jpg

Definitely not the best look haha :rotfl:.

So then we were off to bed ready for the adventures of the next day, Discovery cove!

Coming soon.... Day 4 - Discovery Cove!

Aw, I love your pictures with the princesses! And booo, that's so disappointing that your meal at Cinderella's Royal Table didn't turn out as nice as you would have hoped, but I'm glad they tried to make up for it a little bit in the end.

Aw, I love your pictures with the princesses! And booo, that's so disappointing that your meal at Cinderella's Royal Table didn't turn out as nice as you would have hoped, but I'm glad they tried to make up for it a little bit in the end.

Thanks, I thought it would feel a bit silly meeting the princesses at my age haha but i actually really enjoyed it and I love all the pictures :) the Mickey one is my favourite :lovestruc

Day 4 - Discovery Cove!

This was the day that me, Adam and Calvin were set to go and swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove! I had been but both of them hadnt so we were all really excited.
We woke up at about 8 and caught a taxi straight there in tome for the buffet breakfast which was yummy as always. We then got ready to go swimming. Those of you who know of discovery cove will know how beautiful it, for those of you that dont this is basically how amazing it is!

Discovery_Cove_zps46b06f80.jpg

So gorgeous :cheer2:

Shortly after our little swim with all the fishes it was time for our dolphon swim which was amazing. We all purchased some photo's of the event including the dolphin kiss photo's :upsidedow

After that we had a laze around the lazy river and then went for some lunch back at the buffet. Although this was meant to be our relaxing day we all felt a bit restless considering we felt our holiday was rushed. So after lengthly disscusions we decided to catch a complimentary shuttle to Sea world and spend some time there considering Calving had never been and I wanted to feed the Sea lions :upsidedow

So we went to sea world and spent a couple of hours there, the guys hit all the roller coasters whilst i relaxed a little and then we went to feed the sea lions. We headed straight over to buy some fish without realising that none of the sea lions were out and about mainly because half of the public area was ropped off :( this disappointed me a bit but we still tried our best and ended up feeding alot of birds instead, as you do :rotfl:

So our next plan of action for the day was to head back to the resort to get changed and then head out to the Art of animation resort.

So I forgot about a part of our day that happened right here.
On our way to AoA we caught a bus to Magic kingdom to then catch a bus back out again, On our way to our next bus at the little bust station there we saw 2 cast members who were pin trading. But the thing is is that they had 6 pin boards all out at one time, not one but six :scared1:
I was amazed considering it's sometimes hard to come by one pin board out some days. So I found really good pins we were after and spoke to the cast members who said they were bus drivers and that when it goes quiet they are allowed to get the boards out. There is not set time for this so it really is a magical moment :wizard:
I was so happy about this it was unreal :lovestruc

Anyways, moving on... At the resort we had a nice stroll around did some pin and vinylmation trading, I found Nemo

19509_10151333609841912_1310132861_n_zps9bbaed4a.jpg

And Adam hung around with Rafiki

424017_10151186629360666_1388388832_n_zps736f9fec.jpg

:cheer2:
Soon after we were off for our evening ressie at Chef Mickey's :upsidedow

Coming soon.... Day 4 - Chef Mickeys!

DFTW's are the best. Enjoy planning yours. Mine was the best day of my life. Lovely TR.

DFTW's are the best. Enjoy planning yours. Mine was the best day of my life. Lovely TR.

Thanks, I really can't wait for our DFTW :) I've started planning already :goodvibes
I've read your DFTW trip report, everything looked so beautiful and i'm glad you had such a good time :)

Real life / Disney life update!

So today we booked our next WDW trip :cool1:
We will be staying at the Saratoga springs with the Deluxe dining plan in June 2014. We decided to splash out a bit this trip as we got such a great deal with a 35% discount and free Disney dining plan aswell :lovestruc
I'm going to start a planning journal as soon as i've finished this trip report. We our so excited :hyper: If any of you have experiences of Saratoga or the Deluxe dining plan please feel free to share. I need all the information i can get :banana:
Thanks for reading everyone, New update soom i promise ::yes::

Day 4 - Chef Mickeys!

So we left off when we were on our way to Chef Mickeys. We got there in time no problem, checked in and then had our photo taken.

We waited around 5 minutes and then we were seated right close to the buffet. Now I like Chef Mickeys as much as anyone else but Ive never really been impressed with the food :sad2:
The reason for this visit really was for Adam and Calvin to see it, even though the food isnt that good the experience is still fun :goodvibes

So between going up to get food we met the characters. All the interactions were pretty standard though some characters did see mine and Adams just engaged buttons and made a fuss which was nice princess:
Picture time:

There was a nice couple sitting next to us who we did a picture swap with so we could get a group photo with Chef Mickey himself :yay:

The only food pictures I took were of the deserts mainly due to guys strange choices including a whole bowl/handful of M and Ms

The Adam decided to get a bit creative with a Mickey dome :rolleyes:

My choice was a bit more standard

So after desert we settled the bill and then headed back to the resort for a bit of a swim before getting an early night. Before we went to bed though me and Adam decided to organise and photograph our pin/Vinylmation collection from the trip so far. Thats when we realised how just obsessed we are :rolleyes:

There is no sign of us stopping anytime soon though :rotfl:
Thanks for reading!

Coming soon..... Day 5 - Universal day!

Day 5 - Universal day!

So this was our Universal/shopping day! Im sorry about the lack of pictures and info in this post, all the excitement of being in Florida had finally caught up with me so I was very tired :worried:

So we woke up early, grabbed a bite for breakfast, met up with the others and then caught a taxi straight to Universal.
We headed straight towards Islands of adventure first. We planned to avoid all the major headache inducing roller coasters which meant we went on the Spiderman ride first which we all loved. We then went to the Jurassic park section next which was Calvins favourite. We decided to go on the water ride there as we thought we would stay pretty dry but we were very wrong! We all got soaked but still enjoyed the ride :thumbsup2

So next we were on to the Harry potter section. The queue for the main ride was a bit long so we decided to ride it later so we just wondered around and took some pictures...

So after this we headed out of the park and onto Universal studios. We went on the Rip ride rocket and the Simpsons ride and then we got one of my favourite snacks

I remember having these at Universal when I was about 6 so now I need to get some every time im there cause theyre so yummy!

So since we were done with parks we headed to Panda express in City walk for some yummy Chinese food, here is me trying to look enthusiastic ::yes::

Once we were finished we caught a taxi to the Mall at millennia for a bit of shopping. We went to the Sanrio shop as a group as both me and Danni love Hello kitty but after that we all split up to shop and met back together later.

Here is me with my new purchases, I use that Handbag everyday now. Its amazing :lovestruc

As well as this Adam bought me a new Pandora charm for my bracelet :lovestruc

So then we met back up and caught a taxi back to universal. Me, Adam and Calvin then ran over to Islands of adventure to ride Harry potter and the forbidden journey which we all thought was amazing. We then met Danni and Jason back at the Hard rock cafe for some dinner.

Here are the only two random pics I took of that meal

Giant onion ring!!!

And Calvin being a rabbit

Then it was back to the resort we went, Me and Adam went for a swim and the straight to bed. The next day was a very full day for me and Adam so stay tuned for some updates much more interesting and in-depth than this one :blush:

Thanks for reading :goodvibes

Coming soon: Day 6, Part 1 - A morning in Magic kingdom

I've never been to Discovery Cove, and I think I did SeaWorld once as a kid, but I don't know if it was the Orlando location or another one. Either way, sounds like you had a great day, even if you didn't get to see the sea lions!

Yay for Saratoga Springs!!! Let me know if I can answer any questions about the resort for you!

I've never been to Discovery Cove, and I think I did SeaWorld once as a kid, but I don't know if it was the Orlando location or another one. Either way, sounds like you had a great day, even if you didn't get to see the sea lions!

Yay for Saratoga Springs!!! Let me know if I can answer any questions about the resort for you!

Yeah it was a good day :) Discovery cove is definitely a must do, especially the dolphin swim as it's such as amazing experience :yay:
Thanks, we're so excited :cool1: We've requested a congress park room with a DTD view so fingers crossed and our view just might be as amazing as yours was:thumbsup2

Hi again :)
Life has gotten in the way of this a bit but i'm back now ready to relive my Disney trip :goodvibes
Just wondering if anyone is still on board or is willing to join along with this trip report? just the last day to go and it definitely is the most action packed.
I love sharing stories of my trips to beat post Disney depression so if you're lurking please post and say hi, It would be great to know if I have any readers :) I hope to hear from some of you soon pixiedust:

Day 6 - A morning in Magic kingdom

So this was the day of the trip where me and Adam had a day to ourselves exploring the parks, we wanted to visit Magic kingdom, Animal kingdom and HWS so we had a busy day ahead. We woke up early as always and headed to the pool for a little swim, After that we got ready and grabbed a bit of breakfast before heading straight out to Magic kingdom. I heard that pin trading with a cast member called Scoop was a really nice experience so that was one of our aims for the morning although I wasnt sure if we would find him or not. But after half an hour walking around main street USA there he was :D
So Adam got in the line to trade

As we had heard trading with Scoop was lovely, as he is so jolly and friendly, plus we got to really great AP pins :)

After our trading fun we thought wed look to see how long the line was to get into Be our Guest for lunch, it was still only 10am by that point and the line was half an hour long so we decided to go for it and im really glad we did, by far the best quick service meal at Disney ive experienced so far.

As the restaurant had only just opened we decided to sit in the rose room as it was so gorgeous, it is definitely my favourite room

I just loved this restaurant so much that I even skyped my mom and dad back in the UK to show them how amazing it was. Once we sat down our food was delivered straight to us thanks to the trusty rose

Adam ordered the ham and cheese sandwich and I ordered the steak sandwich

Followed By the lemon and strawberry cup cakes

All the food was really yummy, we will definitely visit there again
Once we left the restaurant Adam took some pics of the concept art for the new Seven dwarfs ride

After we had a little walk around it was off to our next park for more adventures

Coming soon.... Day 6 - Animal Kingdom and HWS

Day 6 - Animal Kingdom and HWS

So from MK we hopped on a bus to Animal kingdom, our main reason to go there was to go the safari which if the first thing we did : ) I vaguely remember going on the safari when I was younger but it was still nice to experience it again, didnt see a whole lot of animals this time though

After the safari we wondered around a bit and managed to do some good pin trades, then on out way out the park we managed to stumble across this

I was so happy as there were so many pins including one I had been after the whole trip, that really made my day :cheer2:

After that we hoped on another bus as we were off to Hollywood Studios even though I always still call it Mgm :confused3

We just had a wonder around really, on managed to go on one ride which was Star tours, we were just happy to be there

Before we left Adam made me take a picture of him with this sign as his last name his Cross.... Bless :rolleyes2

At this point it must have been approaching about 4pm so we called it a day and headed back to our resort to get ready for the evening.

Coming soon..... Day 6 - Our first signature meal

Day 6 - Our first signature meal

So that evening we got ready to experience our first signature meal. We caught the bus to MK and then hopped on the monorail and had a wonder around the resorts looking for pins we needed. As our reservation time got closer we headed to the Grand Floridian did some pin trading and then wonder around and a sit down before heading to Citrico’s

Adam loved this chair and thought this pose made him look very posh haha

Once at Citrico’s we were seated very quickly near the open kitchen area and as we sat down we spotted this

Hidden mickey? I’m not so sure, I guess it could be though :)
I loved the look of the restaurant especially the little flower table centre pieces

When I booked the table I had added that we were celebrating our engagement and so we were given personalised menus. I think this is such a nice touch and we will definitely keep it forever :goodvibes

As we were celebrating out server bought us out glasses of champagne to toast with and we were also given a free sample starter of their chicken soup.

This was very yummy and by this point we were already really happy with the service. Now for the food, I ordered the pork three ways definitely my best meal of the trip and Adam had the fillet of beef, also his favourite meal :)

The deserts were even better! Adam had the lemon cheese cake and I had the banana and chocolate torte, both were very pretty and very yummy

Adam was a bit excited, he loves cheese cake :upsidedow

As soon as we had settled the bill we could see that Wishes was staring outside, so we asked the waiter where the best place was to watch it from and he said that we could run down their fire escape which lead out onto the dock which we did.

View of Citrico’s from outside

We sat down and watched the fireworks and it really was a magical place to watch them from, we definitely intent on doing it again. It really was the perfect ending to a magical day

Coming soon.... Day 7 – ‘Ohana breakfast

Day 7 – ‘Ohana breakfast

So this was our last day in Disney, we were so sad to be leaving but we still had to make the most of our time left so we were booked in for breakfast at ‘Ohana. We were up bright and early for our swim, finished packing, checked out and dropped off our luggage. Danni and Jason were busy that morning at their bridal portrait session so it was just me and Adam that morning as Calvin was doing his own thing.
So our bus journey to MK was a little delayed due to these guys crossing the road

So cute :upsidedow

We caught the monorail and arrived at the Poly and then it was time for a few gorgeous photos :)

We went to the podium right away to check in and then we had our picture taken which we didn’t end up buying. The food was yummy and Adam scoffed his face silly whilst I mainly stuck to the fruit

Then it was character time!

During our meal I skyped my Dad back home and he had his picture took with me and Lilo :goodvibes

Pluto in particularly interacted really well with my Dad which I think was really good and I wished i’d have thought of that idea earlier in the trip as gives a chance for people back home to join in the fun :cheer2:

After our food we settled the bill and hopped on the monorail for our last MK visit of the trip :sad2:

Coming soon... Day 7 – Last visit to MK and Be Our Guest take 2

Day 7 – Last visit to MK and Be Our Guest take 2

So during our last trip to MK we went for a wonder around main street U.S.A and managed to find Scoop again for some more pin trading :goodvibes

We generally had a wonder around and decided that as we had one quick service meal token left to use that we would make the most of it and go to Be our guest again :cool1:

We waited about half an hour just like we did the day before but this time we chose to sit in the Mysterious west wing, a very dark but very interesting room

This room is really amazing but the Rose gallery is still my favourite as it’s just so gorgeous :)
So this time around we decided to go for the hot food option of braised pork and it really was a lovely meal, really filling and it felt like we were at table service restaurant rather than a quick service. However didn’t eat much of his due too how much he enjoyed his breakfast :upsidedow

But as always, there was still room for pudding. This time the cream puffs, I had the passion fruit and Adam had the lemon. It was nice to try something different :thumbsup2

After we had finished eating we were headed back to POFQ to meet Calvin, pick up our bags and head home :sad1: Can’t wait till our next holiday!

So that's a wrap on my first trip report. Thanks to anyone that has followed along and I hope that you guys have enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter