Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR :) - Complete!!!!!

laurenvic1312959

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone and welcome to my first trip report, I must admit that i've been a bit of a luker on here so far but i've read many great trip reports that it has inspired me to write one of my own :goodvibes

So let's get started!

What - A week's holiday in Disney world to attend our good friends Danni and Jason's Disney Fairy Tale Wedding at the Luau Beach at the Polynesian Resort :cool1:

Where - Port Orlenas French Quarter

When - 9th Jan - 16th Jan 2013

Who - Introductions

68150_4348604825549_230752261_n.jpg

This is me and My lovely DF Adam at a christmas market last year. We are both from Wolverhampton in the UK and our currently busy planning our own DFTW for late 2015 :rotfl: I am currently a nursing student, waiting to start my second year of training at Wolverhampton University and Adam is a trainee college lecturer :)
We are both similar in the way that we don't really have many favourites at disney because we just love being there at all. Mereley standing in the Magic kingdom is enough to make me happy princess:

734221_4528684247422_2054343928_n_zpsdf1e0f65.jpg

Along with Minnie mouse in this photo is our travel buddy Calvin, he was along for the trip to be the ringbearer at Danni and Jason's wedding

408375_10151332548796912_1702076326_n_zps4d3fe3e1.jpg

And this is the happy couple themselves Danni and Jason :) They decided to have a memories package wedding and invited us 3 along to share in their magical day :upsidedow. They were at disney for 3 weeks in total including a four day disney cruise. ( I was so jealous) :rolleyes2

Here is a sneak peak of us all at the wedding at Luau Beach now the photo's have arrived :) Please ignore our squinty eyes, it was a very sunny day ::yes::

wdg11_zps158cad2b.png

Disclaimer :thumbsup2 - I did not know I would be writing this trip report so i apologise for the lack of information and photo's but I hope that you can still read along and enjoy this trip report all the same :goodvibes

Chapter links

Disney day:

And so it begins - 9th of Jan 2013

Our first evening in Disney!!

Day 1:

Our first full day at Disney part 1 - Magic kingdom!

Our first day in Disney part 2 - Epcot

Our first day in Disney part 3 - The Art of Animation Resort

Day 2:

Day 2 - Pre wedding pampering and dinner at Les Chefs de France

Day 2 continued - An evening in Hollywood studios, Fantasmic!

Day 3:

Day 3 - The wedding day! Morning preparation and the beautiful ceremony

Day 3 - The wedding day! Morning preparation and the beautiful ceremony continued

Day 3 - The wedding day! After the Ceremony

Day 3 - The wedding day! Magic kingdom adventures

Day 3 - The wedding day! Cinderellas Royal Table

Day 4:

Day 4 - Discovery Cove!

Day 4 - Chef Mickeys!

Day 5:

Day 5 - Universal day!

Day 6:

Day 6 - A morning in Magic kingdom

Day 6 - Animal Kingdom and HWS

Day 6 - Our first signature meal

Day 7 - Our last day :( :

Day 7 - Ohana breakfast

Day 7 – Last visit to MK and Be Our Guest take 2

Thanks for reading!!!

Next up, the trip begins!

Joining in! I haven't seen a Disney Wedding trip report from someone other than the bride or groom, so I'm excited to read about it from your perspective!

Joining in! I haven't seen a Disney Wedding trip report from someone other than the bride or groom, so I'm excited to read about it from your perspective!

Welcome :) I definitely see it as an advantage that i've already been to a disney wedding when planning my own ::yes:: x

And so it begins - 9th of Jan 2013 :cool1:

So the night before we left for the airport I slept for around 1 hour in total whilst Adam got no sleep at all :( Even that being the case 6am came around quickly and we got up dressed and ready for the journey.

734950_10151325292156912_1724065284_n_zps18abd85b.jpg

Adam was a tad excited and so wrote this on the fridge, bless him :)

So Calvin arrived and so did my Mom and Sister ready to drive us to the airport.

394781_10151325409761912_2143546435_n_zps770c767a.jpg

We then stopped at Mcdonalds on the way for the compulsory pre holiday Mcdonalds breakfast.

We got to the airport quickly, said goodbye to my mom and sister and checked in without incident. Had a little look around the duty free and then waited to board :upsidedow

303507_10151325564321912_1848258901_n_zpsd12f4c7e.jpg

The flight was fine and long as usual, the film choice was good this time around though, I watched Pitch Perfect which was amazing.

So we arrived at orlando and waited around 1 hour at passport control during which time a dutch singing group in the same que as us decided to do a kind a flash mob and sing Barbra anne in harmony which was both hillarious and quite impressive :)

After that and baggage pick up we got right on the Magical express and headed for Port Orelans French Quarter at about 5:30pm.

Up next, our first evening in Disney!

Our first evening in disney!!

248682_10151326628616912_538114374_n_zps0fe2d651.jpg

So Port orleans French Quarter was the first stop which was a pleasant surprise. I had been there before but both Adam and Calvin hadn't. Calvin had never even been to Disney before so we were excited that his first trip to the world was with us :)

537368_4543294212662_1472670036_n_zpsdbd2fc2e.jpg

184473_4543293452643_499859_n_zps93904976.jpg

Unfortunately this is the only picture of the resort that I took, at least it gives you an idea of how peacefull and lovely it is there. The weather when we arrived and for our whole trip was amazing, it was basically our english summer whether and back home it was below snowing and freezing which just made the trip even more amazing ::yes::

So when we arrived we bumped straight into Danni and Jason (who had already been there a week) and then checked in and got our Keys to the world along with our just engaged celebration buttons and calvin's fisrt visit button.
Danni and Jason then took Calvin for a dining reservation at Le Cellier whilst me and Adam headed to find our room.
Our room was in building 4 which was quite close to both the lobby and the bus stop, score!

19198_10151326628521912_2014991992_n_zps5935e73c.jpg

This is the only picture we have of our room so please excuse me being crashed out on the bed :rotfl:.

So after we dumped our bags and got changed we headed straight out to get our resort drink mugs as we were on the dining plan and the we caught the boat to Down Town Disney. I love that little boat ride, I had read about if before the trip and i'm really glad I did, it is so much nicer than cathing the bus.

When we got to DTD we bought our choice of mickey ears for us to wear on the trip Adam chose R2D2 (he's a tad Star Wars obsessed) and I chose Tinkerbell :cheer2:.
I also started off my pin badge hoard of the trip at the pin trading shop including a couple of pin's for my mom and my sister. I lovelovelove pin trading and have done since I was 11 so I guess you could say i'm a little obsessed. Adam however had never pin traded in his life untill he met me and know he is also obsessed, I'd call that a job well done :thumbsup2.

427640_10151327372516912_1894680401_n_zps2e213f37.jpg

543462_4501213480670_614399338_n_zps89bd2d46.jpg

We were so happy to finally be in Disney together :love:

We then decided to have a little look around and wandered into the christmas shop where a lovely cast member came up to us and asked us if we would like to have our buttons personalised and we of course said yes. We said we got engaged at christmas as that was when we celebrated it properly with our family and friends. She went into the back room and came out 10 mintues later with our buttons.
She then handed me this

IMG_4493_zps369fd371.jpg

and Adam's button looked similar but with his name and in blue. We were so amazed and thanked her as much as we could, It was o nice of her. It was days later when we realised that the writing on the badges was the same as when you have an ornamnet personalised in the christmas shop. It was lovely that she went to so much effort. It was a truly magical moment for our first night together at disney.

So after our little shop and a look around we headed back to POFQ on the boat. We then decided to have a quick service meal at the sassagoula food factory. I had fried shrimp and fries and i think Adam Jambalaya, no idea what we had for dessert but whatever it was we enjoyed it. :upsidedow
We then met up with Danni, Jason and Calvin to catch a taxi to the nearest Walmart. As we are from the UK this is a must for every Disney trip. We had a good luck around and bought a couple of bits and bobs but by that time it was about 12:30am so we were really too tired. After that we all went back to our rooms and we went srtaight to sleep as we were beyond tired.

Coming up next time.... Our first full day at Disney part 1 - Magic kingdom!

I love Port Orleans - we've only stayed in the Riverside section so far, but I love the look of the French Quarter rooms. It's probably my favorite Disney resort! And the Just Engaged button is so cute! I think they've changed the design of it since the last time I saw one.

arbolita said:
I love Port Orleans - we've only stayed in the Riverside section so far, but I love the look of the French Quarter rooms. It's probably my favorite Disney resort! And the Just Engaged button is so cute! I think they've changed the design of it since the last time I saw one.

I really like it there too but it's the I only place I've stayed on property so far so I can't quite yet call it my favourite :) the Riverside section seems so big which kind of puts me off the idea of staying there. Did you find it to be too big? The buttons are really cute, it was lovely for the cm to personalise them for us as well :)

luckylady said:
Congrats on getting engaged have a lot of fun planning your Disney wedding.

Thanks :) I'm having a great time planning it already even though it's so far in the future. I think I'm gonna start a planning journal after I've finished this trip report :)

Love the hats you two picked out. I probably would have gone with the R2D2 as well. Port Orleans is on our to-try resort list.

Thanks :) Adam loved his hat haha, we got quite a few people around disney asking him where he got if from as well :cool1: You should definitely try port orleans, it's lovely x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter