Me and ds's plans for our 2 day trip to Disney!

brendaziz

DIS Veteran
Lemme know if you think these soudn good for a quick trip. We'll be in florida with family and are driving 2 hours and just doing MK on one day.

Arriving Tuesday afternoon. Staying near DTD and go shopping at Lego store and go to T-rex to build a dino (not eating there cuz i wanted to fit in other stuff:-) )
Dinner at Whispering Canyon-
then back to hotel to swim and hit the hay early.

Wednesday:
7:50 bfast at Ohana- we're gonna drive and park at poly to monorail into MK.
Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern at 1.
We're spending the whole day at MK and dinner at Tony's at 8. spectromagic is at 9 and after that we're heading out b/c my ds is not crazy about fireworks :-) I'm hoping we'll be on the monorail and see Wishes from up there. If we get out really quick for some reason adn we're at the poly then we'll go to the beach to watch.
Then back to bed.

Thursday:
Bfast at 8:30 at Cape May Cafe.
Then we're gonna hang out at the boardwalk and do gift shops and game rooms and just hanging out, walking around- maybe rent a bike.

Then do lunch at Beaches and Cream before hitting the road back to where we came from :-)

I think we have a good cross section- and i thought about doing some counter service meals at MK but i'm pregnant adn think i'll welcome the break to sit and rest and be served :-)

So excited!!!

I don't know if you can leave your car at Poly all day if you are not staying there, I think they only give you a 3 hr permit, hopefully someone can confirm if this is still so.

Thank you SO much for letting me know that. I just figured it was no big deal but i called the poly and they said 2 hours or they tow!!!
We're gonna take a cab instead cuz my son REALLY wants to ride the monorail :-)
Thanks for letting me know!

Glad I could help:thumbsup2 A cab both ways will probably cost more than parking ($12). If you drive, you can still take the monorail to the park from the TTC once you drive there after Poly. Just a thought. (when I'm not staying on-site, I like to have my car at my disposal, just my preference though). Sounds like fun....have a great trip:)

If I were you I would just drive over to TTC in the morning then either walk to b-fast at O'hana, or just board the resort monorail at TTC to the Poly (1st stop after TTC) where it would put you right at the ceremonial house where O'hanas is for your b-fast. That way when you're all done you can play it by ear and choose to: 1) take the resort monorail back to the Poly to watch the fireworks on the beach; 2) take the resort monorail but decide to get off at the Contemp and watch the fireworks from the balconies by the stairs; 3) take the resort monorail or the regular monorail back to TTC to reclaim your car...

I think the choices are great--- just too much food??? I am a hearty eater but after a big breakfast I wasn't ready for anoother meal til late afternoon??
We tried cape may last week-- breakfast; was very good food and character interaction (I did 3 breakfasts last week- Boma, Crystal Palace and Cape May was by far the best).

Jill

I would drive to the TTC and take the monorail to the Poly...cheaper than a cab and your son still gets to ride the monorail. Your selections look good, although we did not care for WCC at all in September.

I think your Tony's ADR won't allow you to eat and see Spectromagic at 9pm. If you can get Tony's earlier, do so if not maybe make another plan. The Plaza and Crystal Palace are other TS restaurants to consider if Tony's doesn't work for you. Also I'm not sure if you think LTT is a character meal, it is not. No more characters at LTT as of Jan 5th.

FYI - The Fantasia Mini golf course is not far from the Boardwalk area.

I agree with momjkm....it sounds like alot of TS meals. But the good part is you will get a chance to sit down for a period of time, which you should do. I'd be too stuffed! Sounds like a great plan for a short trip!! Take care! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!