MDE Help-So Frustrated

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by DisReno, Jul 9, 2018.

1. DisReno

DisReno Mouseketeer

So, my MDE app just updated today. Now, I can't get it to show anything but Magic Kingdom even when I click on a filter for a different theme park and hit apply. It stays on Magic Kingdom. Can anyone help? Is it a glitch?

2. markb681

markb681 Mouseketeer

What info are u trying to get? Mine updated also this morning...but it SEEMS to b working fine!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

If you're not actively trying to use it on an in-progress trip or for something time sensitive, I'd try again later.

Glitches happen and then magically fix themselves.

5. DisReno

DisReno Mouseketeer

The only map and wait times I can see is the Magic Kingdom. I go into filters and check another park but it never changes to that park. It stays on Magic Kingdom.

6. CAS239

CAS239 Disney Vet Squad ∞

Once you check the park you're making sure to hit "apply" at the bottom of the screen right? Not just selecting a park then hitting the X button.

If so try logging out and logging back in. Make sure you're using the most up to date app version. If you're on Android then that might be the issue with the update

7. DisReno

DisReno Mouseketeer

I can't navigate the maps on my Disney experience. All I can see is Magic Kingdom, and then scroll around and get a bunch of green and maybe some blue. It's so frustrating. With the previous version, I could bring up maps of other parks besides Magic Kingdom.

8. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

I'm on an Android as well, I have the same problem, but if you do filter and apply then click on show list (top right) you will see wait times for that specific park you filtered, the map is the one not moving from MK

9. Minniefan2296

Minniefan2296 Mouseketeer

It's a glitch. The map should move, but it doesn't.

10. gillep

gillep DIS Veteran

I am having the same issue with the map moving on ios however, I can manually move the map around to see the wait times for all of the other parks, it just doesn't automatically change the map when I use the filter to select any park other than MK.

11. Katie Dawn

Katie Dawn DIS Veteran

My IT husband would say to uninstall and reinstall the app - it might not help but it won't hurt!

Sounds like the issue is bigger than than since several people are having the same issue. But uninstalling is always worth a try.

12. DisReno

DisReno Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. I did try uninstalling but it didn't fix it. But...I'm glad it's not me or my phone. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Katie Dawn likes this.
  13. markb681

markb681 Mouseketeer

Have u tried to the "shrink" the size of the map to include all the parks and then "enlarge" the one ur wanting to see? I know that's not how its supposed to work and its a pain in the butt.... BUT I've had to do that in the past and it does work!

14. Deb286

Deb286 Earning My Ears

I've been having the same problem too for a few weeks now. I've tried uninstalling the app a couple of times now but it's not helping. Hoping it's something that Disney are working on to fix.

15. adelaster

adelaster DIS Veteran

FWIW, the last time I had an issue with the app it took months of emails and calls to resolve. The final solution for my issue was deleting every Disney app on my phone (Disneyland, Disney shop, etc.), making sure there was no trace of them, restarting, and reinstalling all of them. Hope this helps.

16. greg9x

greg9x Mouseketeer

See the same thing, so appears it's an app issue and not an individual phone issue. Disney having a lot of tech issues, hope everything gets worked out soon.

17. Katie Dawn

Katie Dawn DIS Veteran

Is yours also Android? Seems like that's the trend.

18. Wes1stTrip2016

Wes1stTrip2016 DIS Veteran

Same here! I thought it was just me. o_O

19. greg9x

greg9x Mouseketeer

Yes...but I have a month until trip so hope it's worked out by then.

20. GaSleepingBeautyFan

GaSleepingBeautyFan DIS Veteran

This is exactly what I went through while on my trip June 29 through July 4th. It was so frustrating and made the app pretty useless for me. I was glad I had a touring plans subscription because I ended up using that for ride times and such.

I only used MDE when I was attempting to book extra fast passes which I barely got since it was a very crowded time which I knew. I didn't even bother to look at my current fast passes on MDE - I'd written them down so I went old school and just kept an eye on the time.

When my phone got wet and quit working for 24 hours, I was so happy I had them written down! It was strange going into the parks without a phone though.

21. Ladyfish77

Ladyfish77 DIS Veteran

Yes I'm having this issue too. Always shows mk map even when filter applied to different park. It will show correct park in list view but still shows mk. See attached screenshot

Attached Files: