• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

McSparklesons Bring Their OWN Fireworks... the WHOLE Family!

WOW, you are so talented! Did you design everything yourself? I love the ornaments with the characters and names.

WOW, you are so talented! Did you design everything yourself? I love the ornaments with the characters and names.

Are you kidding???? :rotfl2: No way! I used the talented designers here on the DIS. I had them design these for me several months ago. Aren't they awesome???

Will you be my child in 5 years to help plan my 50th anniversary?!:lmao: Sons just don't plan anything at all. Nothing for any of our anniversaries. I need a daughter!!:lovestruc

I love all the shirts adorable. The 'surprize' shirts are going to be cute too! I promise not to tell Ally lol.

Great idea on the refil mugs!!!

Will you be my child in 5 years to help plan my 50th anniversary?!:lmao: Sons just don't plan anything at all. Nothing for any of our anniversaries. I need a daughter!!:lovestruc
aww man Im sorry but if its any consolation, I will be in your shoes someday.. I have 2 boys also, hence why i plan everything guess ill just include my 50th trip too lol

Love the shirts!

Thanx Kristi! Hey, FYI I'm also making up some shirts for the cruise for us AND for our tablemates (Ally's friend Tori and her mom that we met on last cruise!) so if you want to join us, there will be shirts!!!! :rotfl2:

Awesome designers!
NOW you got it! All I do is print, cut, iron. But hey, I guess I AM pretty talented with an iron, huh? :lmao:

You need good daughters in law!!! I plan stuff for my inlaws cause Jeff and his sister don't think of it!

I love all the shirts adorable. The 'surprize' shirts are going to be cute too! I promise not to tell Ally lol.

Great idea on the refil mugs!!!

aww man Im sorry but if its any consolation, I will be in your shoes someday.. I have 2 boys also, hence why i plan everything guess ill just include my 50th trip too lol

Drea, make sure they marry right and you'll be okay...... :rolleyes1

love all the shirts and can't wait to hear about all of the hijinx that will ensue....

Final "surprise" shirts, although 3 of the 9 of us know about it! :rotfl2:

385efcd4.jpg

The lighting is bad but imagine that each person has a shirt that matches the color of the Christmas ornament with their favorite character. And how fitting is it that my ornament is LIME GREEN!!! :cool1:

So, tonight while talking to my friend Ellen (podsnel), I began to panic. I could not find the confirmation for my ticket purchase made through DU back before the price increase. I am such a stickler for detail and it was not in my planning notebook, not in my email, and I couldn't even find the credit card statement for that month!!!!

But alas, it was in that "to do" pile on my desk.....:rolleyes1

So now all I have left is to order either a cake for our first dinner (but we don't know where we are going to be.....) or flowers for Grandma and Grandpa's room on arrival......

I'm thinking cake. Because by the time we get to WDW, this low carb diet is out the window!!! :rotfl:

Awesome shirts!!!!! You did such a great job and what a fun idea to pre-order the mugs! I'm at 29 days today! :woohoo: Oops - I mean 28. But that doesn't sound right?

Thanx Kristi! Hey, FYI I'm also making up some shirts for the cruise for us AND for our tablemates (Ally's friend Tori and her mom that we met on last cruise!) so if you want to join us, there will be shirts!!!! :rotfl2:

Oh - it is so tempting! Maybe I should just come by myself. Steve could handle the boys, dog, homework and sports for a week :rotfl2: - right??

Just looked at your dates for your family trip. I made it to round 2 for the WDW Moms Panel this year - only to get dumped and not make it to round 3 :confused3. If I had made it all the way, the Moms Panel training trip is 12/9 - 12/13. I could have met up with you. Darn it to that panel selection crew for tossing me out.

I love the shirts, what a neat idea!
With 4 sons you would think that I'd have a DIL that would plan stuff! No such luck. Maybe I should plan something & send them the bill!:lmao:

Hi Kara! I missed your first batch of shirts - they are all great! I love the first one with all the family "lined up" so cute! I can't believe your Tripp trip is so close! With Thanksgiving, it will make the time go even faster!:santa:

Awesome shirts!!!!! You did such a great job and what a fun idea to pre-order the mugs! I'm at 29 days today! :woohoo: Oops - I mean 28. But that doesn't sound right?

And we have a date in the ditch, right? :thumbsup2

Oh - it is so tempting! Maybe I should just come by myself. Steve could handle the boys, dog, homework and sports for a week :rotfl2: - right??

C'mon!!!! Just leave em some power tools, hot dogs, and the remote control and they'll be all set!

Just looked at your dates for your family trip. I made it to round 2 for the WDW Moms Panel this year - only to get dumped and not make it to round 3 :confused3. If I had made it all the way, the Moms Panel training trip is 12/9 - 12/13. I could have met up with you. Darn it to that panel selection crew for tossing me out.

Good for you!!!! Never even thought about that......

I love the shirts, what a neat idea!
With 4 sons you would think that I'd have a DIL that would plan stuff! No such luck. Maybe I should plan something & send them the bill!:lmao:

I like this idea!!! Although, if my inlaws sent me a bill, I'd be all over my husband with "NOW look what your mother did!" :rotfl2:

Hi Kara! I missed your first batch of shirts - they are all great! I love the first one with all the family "lined up" so cute! I can't believe your Tripp trip is so close! With Thanksgiving, it will make the time go even faster!:santa:

Yes, it will go too fast! The week before we go we have our first ever Christmas Shoppe at the school. Yes, just something else I've committed myself to and I'm stressing so much!

But I've already decided to go with minimal Christmas decor this year. I will do all the indoor garland and the tree and that's about it. No outdoor lights this year, and I'm skipping Ally's tree, too.

Because Christmas falls on a weekend, like last year, we actually miss one full weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas, AND we have one weekend out of town, plus 1/2 of the next weekend. So really, we have only one full weekend in town..... And I won't be decorating until after Thanksgiving this year so just not gonna stress over it. It's one year, right?

Because Christmas falls on a weekend, like last year, we actually miss one full weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas, AND we have one weekend out of town, plus 1/2 of the next weekend. So really, we have only one full weekend in town..... And I won't be decorating until after Thanksgiving this year so just not gonna stress over it. It's one year, right?

I would love to be able to do the decorating stuff right now, before it gets cold out. Unfortunately for me, DH with his birthday in the first week of December (you know, the undeclared national holiday that we all should observe) frowns upon any decorations being put up at all until at least one day after his big event. Sigh. Grow up already Buddy! I got stuff that needs doing! :laughing:

I would love to be able to do the decorating stuff right now, before it gets cold out. Unfortunately for me, DH with his birthday in the first week of December (you know, the undeclared national holiday that we all should observe) frowns upon any decorations being put up at all until at least one day after his big event. Sigh. Grow up already Buddy! I got stuff that needs doing! :laughing:

I start hanging the outside lights in Nov and then turn them on Thanksgiving night. I used to wait until Dec but after freezing my :rolleyes1 off a few times I decided to at least do the time-consuming outside stuff, like lights, during the few warm days we tend to have in November (Michigan warm, not FL warm). Geeze, if you spouse is making you wait until after the "major holiday" then you barely get your decorations up before it is time to take them back down. Maybe he needs to start celebrating his birthday in July instead December. ;)

Christmas decor is going to be really minimal here. I think that we are going to decorate the ficus tree in the corner of the family room & that's it.:rotfl2:

I'm trying to get one of the kids to do Thanksgiving dinner this year. Wish me luck with that!!:laughing:

Wow! I didn't realize the event of the year was in early December? ;) I would put up all the Christmas decor and hang a birthday banner on the tree. There. Done.

I start hanging the outside lights in Nov and then turn them on Thanksgiving night. I used to wait until Dec but after freezing my :rolleyes1 off a few times I decided to at least do the time-consuming outside stuff, like lights, during the few warm days we tend to have in November (Michigan warm, not FL warm). Geeze, if you spouse is making you wait until after the "major holiday" then you barely get your decorations up before it is time to take them back down. Maybe he needs to start celebrating his birthday in July instead December. ;)

It doesn't get too terribly cold here so I can decorate outside whenever. I just don't wanna mess with it this year......

Christmas decor is going to be really minimal here. I think that we are going to decorate the ficus tree in the corner of the family room & that's it.:rotfl2:

I'm trying to get one of the kids to do Thanksgiving dinner this year. Wish me luck with that!!:laughing:

I wish I were doing Thanksgiving again. Maybe it's the control freak in me, but I like knowing WHAT we are eating, WHEN we are eating, and HOW MUCH we are eating.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter