MCO AIRPORT Hotel overnight stay

belle05

Earning My Ears
Anyone ever stayed over night at the airport hotel? We are thinking about staying over night there and catching the Disney Shuttle to the cruise the next day. Worried about noise level. Thanks in advance.

Yes. Loved it!! Not noisy at all & VERY convenient. Especially with a late flight. Would do it again.

Yes, I agree with hgon76. It was very convenient, and you could even leave your luggage in the room to be picked up for delivery to the ship in the morning.

It was a little pricey to me, but the room was big, clean and quiet. We'll definitely use them again for our next cruise.

We have stayed at the Hyatt and it is very convenient. We had an evening flight and the staff was great. We had ordered a scooter for DH and it was delivered to the hotel by Walker Mobility and bell services brought it right to the check-in desk for us. The room was not noisy and we took advantage of the luggage service. Our bags were picked up at 9AM by bell services and taken to the port by DCL in a truck. It is pricy but convenient.

And, if you like people-watching, you can go to the hotel lobby and look over part of the airport. You can also pick up last minute purchases at one of the airport shops. There's a pool too.

We stayed at the Hyatt on our Oct cruise--nice hotel, nice room, took care of our luggage so we didn't need to haul it down to the DCL bus.

I guess it depends on what floor you are on but our room was on 7th floor and with the window curtain OPEN, you could hear some noise from the airport terminal. But with the curtain closed it was pretty quiet and no trouble sleeping.

Both restaurants are excellent!!

We'll stay there again next trip, but probably take advantage of the $10 upgrade to a room looking outside at the runways--

We have done it 3 times with another this February. Very quiet. So convenient with luggage pickup. We were on the ship at 1120am last trip. Our AAA rate included breakfast!

robhawk said:
We have done it 3 times with another this February. Very quiet. So convenient with luggage pickup. We were on the ship at 1120am last trip. Our AAA rate included breakfast!

Hm this intrigues me- I had thought the hyatt shuttle method put you at the ship much later. So did you use disney transportation or private?

We stay there was in February. We loved it. We took the Disney bus to the ship. We were one of the first buses that left. We got to the terminal when it first opened. Also, on a side note met my best friend that day :-)

We've stayed at the Hyatt @ MCO and loved it. Very clean and spacious rooms. Super convenient too for late night arrivals or early AM departures.

Hm this intrigues me- I had thought the hyatt shuttle method put you at the ship much later. So did you use disney transportation or private?

The Disney resort buses leave much later. The sign in starts at 9am at MCO. We left about 930. Arrived at the port at 1030ish. Had a low boarding number.
You must still do online check in to get an early PAT.

robhawk said:
The Disney resort buses leave much later. The sign in starts at 9am at MCO. We left about 930. Arrived at the port at 1030ish. Had a low boarding number.
You must still do online check in to get an early PAT.

Cool, thanks! I guess I mentally lumped all Disney busses together, but it maks sense that with the hyatt so much closer than wdw that we could get there earlier. We had 1045 pat last time and loved being there early (ish).

We did a day room there at the end of our last cruise and it worked out great. Thinking we will spend a little extra to stay there pre cruise next time and go with somewhere "known". Helps reduce stress for dh :-)

Sorry, just so I'm clear, it's dcl transfers that you used from the hotel? The ones that are 35 pp or 70 r/t? Also, What time did you have your luggage turned in with hyatt people in the am for a 930 departure? Thanks!

Yes, I agree with hgon76. It was very convenient, and you could even leave your luggage in the room to be picked up for delivery to the ship in the morning. It was a little pricey to me, but the room was big, clean and quiet. We'll definitely use them again for our next cruise.
Did you get the "stay certificate"? If you go online & get the stay certificate it's cheaper. If just call & make sure they accept it on the date you're looking to book. :)

Sorry, just so I'm clear, it's dcl transfers that you used from the hotel? The ones that are 35 pp or 70 r/t? Also, What time did you have your luggage turned in with hyatt people in the am for a 930 departure? Thanks!

Yes, and you don't turn it in. You just leave it in your room and because you've told them you're on a cruise when you check in, they get it from your room and put it on the luggage truck for you. The next time you see it is outside your room on the ship.

So glad to hear all the good feedback on Hyatt MCO, as we are staying there the night before our February cruise, and also booked it for the day we leave the ship (taking an early evening flight home).

Questions:
Is there a Disney shop in the airport, in case we don't get something we want at the Dream's gift shops?

We don't have breakfast included with our room ---- are there 'fast food' opportunities for breakfast in the airport before we get on the Disney transfer bus?

Thanks in advance.

There is a Disney shop there, just doesn't have the cruise logo merch. There are several places for grab n go type breakfasts.

Did you get the "stay certificate"? If you go online & get the stay certificate it's cheaper. If just call & make sure they accept it on the date you're looking to book. :)

I've never used the Stay Certificates to stay at the MCO, however I know people who have. I did hear they changed for the MCO Hyatt to where they cost more so make sure you confirm the level needed before purchasing for the MCO one.

I've stayed twice at the MCO Hyatt as others mentioned, it's very convenient and easy! I have two more stays booked with them (next month and then in April) and look forward to it. :thumbsup2

Have a great time,
Heather

Yes, you arrange for the DCL bus transportation with DCL. $35 per person each way.

When you check in, make sure you remind them you have the transportation booked. They will make sure you're on the list and give you the letter just posted.

The next morning they start picking up bags from rooms at 8:30 (that's on the letter and it was our experience as well). I believe they were at our room around 9 (we had planned to be out, but DH and DS needed more sleep so we were there).

YOu just go on down to the DCL transportation people when you are ready to go!

Questions:
Is there a Disney shop in the airport, in case we don't get something we want at the Dream's gift shops?

We don't have breakfast included with our room ---- are there 'fast food' opportunities for breakfast in the airport before we get on the Disney transfer bus?

Thanks in advance.

Disney shop, yes, but generic Disney. Universal shop, too. ;)

There are restaurants in the hotel and there's a Starbucks and various other places to go if you have time to wander in the non-secure area.

We had a room with the balcony overlooking the TSA area, and it was almost silent even in the morning with people filling up the spaces downstairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter