MB is not just for those who need help with down payment!

stlrod

DIS Veteran
I have seen more than one post stating that the MB program is primarily for those who need help with the down payment. Such a broad statement is untrue. It depends on each individual's planned use as to whether he or she will benefit from MB. I didn't need help coming up with a 20% down payment (in fact, my cash outlay w/o MB was 20%). However, I saved a great deal of money by using MB. With the codes, I booked 2BR Villas at VWL for $7.52 per point and BWV for $8.60 per point (over Xmas too.) I'm getting $13 per point off at HH and getting my full point allottment of 165 points on 3/1/02. It would have been financially stupid of me to use points for the Xmas trip under these circumstances (I would have "in effect" paid more per point than I am and to get the 240 points I need for 12/23-12/28, I would have had to borrow 75 points from next year's allottment.) The total cost for my 5-night stay is $1902 which averages out to just a little under $8 per point. Thus, even if I were buying at VWL, it would have made more sense for me to use the MB program.

I agree. We didn't need help with the down payment, either. As a matter of fact, we paid for it outright. We used MB because we looked at DVC while we were on a trip to WDW. (staying at BWV for cash) and then bought after that trip. We did not intend to use any points that year, so it made sense for us to sell half of them back to DVC. Banking the other half was more than sufficient for our needs the following year.

It seems like anyone, no matter their financial situation, would jump on an opportunity to save money. That is, if they wanted to buy more points to begin with.

I know for myself this new MB program is just what I needed to push us over the edge to buying more points. I think I'm going to be a VWL owner in the near future!! :D :D :D

I am sooooo excited!!

If you don't want to use the allotment of points that you sell back it makes sense to take advantage of MB. It is an incentive to those who might not purchase because they don't have the down payment but there's no reason others like yourselves can't take advantage as well. It's sort of like renting the points that you aren't going to use except Disney is the renter and the whole process is pretty much carefree. Also, with the deep discounts on WDW hotel rooms this year, it almost doesn't make sense to use the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter