Maybe you don't belong in the drive thru...

LOL. Yeah maybe.

But there still are some very basic drive thru "rules" that are no longer recognized.

Turn OFF your radio.

Roll down your window.

The driver and ONLY the drive orders.

Do not be on your cell phone when ordering.

Other than that, the rest were all humor and you'd be surprised at how many people do not seem to know those basic ....rules.

I would add:
Turn off your windshield wipers at the windows.

We have one McDonald's that has that request near the first window. I think this is a great and considerate idea. Who wants to be splashed by the water from the wipers.

OP I love your "rules". I see the tongue in cheek behind it. As I have said before, I have seen great employees and not so great employees. I have also seen not so great customers too. The employees who handled some of these customers went beyond their job description. :thumbsup2 Even when I have received an incorrect order, I always try to be polite. Sometimes its not the person who took the orders fault, but the person that made it that maybe didn't pay attention to the complete order. Or it was a simple mistake.

One of the McDonald's I used to frequent had a fantastic employee. She got to know what I ordered and always made sure that my order came out correctly. She also always had a smile whenever I saw her. The last time I saw her she was working at a different FF place but remembered me when she saw me. :)

Well I as customer would prefer you not hang my food out window for 5 min before I get to window in 15 degree temps. I'd also prefer you give me 5 sec to put drink down before you throw for bag into my car. and a few secs to put money down would be great also. And for Taco bell on US 23 do you think you could get order correct just once? I mean how hard is it to put pepsi in cup as I ordered vs the diet pepsi I always seem to get. And I'd like my sour cream I paid for please.

Taco Bell drive thru is really bad at not putting the spork in my order. When I order a nacho bellgrande, it NEEDS a spork!

And most drive thrus are judged on speediness of service. It's "get 'em in, get 'em out fast!" mentality. IMO, I'd rather take a bit more time to ensure the customer's order is CORRECT and they get what they ordered, not just a random bag that's there, whether or not it's theirs or not.

Off topic but...you don't keep your ketchup in the fridge. I've always kept mine in the fridge, in fact it says on the label "refrigerate after opening" (I just checked).

I never do. I hate cold ketchup on my fries. And I don't think it goes bad at room temp.

Lol yup. I can order a med regular and get a large black.

McDonalds seems to not put the right amount of creamer/sweetener in my coffee. They press the buttons the right amount of times but methinks it doesn't dispense enough. :confused3

see, here is an example of the lack of attention to detail in the fast food business. This was my first mention of ketchup. i just found it funny that you were so anal to the other poster about NOT offering at your establishment that I had to mention it. Tongue in cheek of course.

But you always ask me what kind of sauce I want with my nuggets... and I don't use sauce on my nuggets! Ketchup with fries is pretty common/standard, but you don't put it in the bag or even ask? I fail to see the logic in asking about sauce for nuggets but not asking or even including ketchup with fries.

FWIW I use the drive through a LOT and almost always am satisfied. The order is almost always correct, and my biggest complaint is no straws/napkins in the bag. The most challenging part for me is the ordering, especially during the summer in our tourist towns, as some of the summer help don't really speak English.

But you always ask me what kind of sauce I want with my nuggets... and I don't use sauce on my nuggets! Ketchup with fries is pretty common/standard, but you don't put it in the bag or even ask? I fail to see the logic in asking about sauce for nuggets but not asking or even including ketchup with fries.

FWIW I use the drive through a LOT and almost always am satisfied. The order is almost always correct, and my biggest complaint is no straws/napkins in the bag. The most challenging part for me is the ordering, especially during the summer in our tourist towns, as some of the summer help don't really speak English.
Speaking of the bolded... some of our fast food places have signs saying something to the effect of "extra sauce is available for 15 cents each". So why don't I get a 15 cent discount for every time I say I don't want ANY sauce? :lmao:

Speaking of the bolded... some of our fast food places have signs saying something to the effect of "extra sauce is available for 15 cents each". So why don't I get a 15 cent discount for every time I say I don't want ANY sauce? :lmao:

McDonald's has started doing this. There was a BK near the UNC-Chapel Hill campus that charged after 3 packs of ketchup. I just got Mom to get some ketchup and I used that too as she didn't use ketchup on her fries.

I also heard that McDonald's, in response to complaints about lackluster employees, has decreed that they should be more friendly and helpful. :lmao: I only find that funny in regard to that should be PART OF YOUR JOB. :thumbsup2

Crazy busy lunch today.

One person ordered 16 McChickens and 8 large fries..."oh and could I make those McChickens hot and spicy?" (Facepalm!) Run to kitchen and frantically get them to STOP making all the regular McChickens and instead make them hot and spicy.

Also had someone order 4 double quarter pounder meals and a Big Mac meal. That's a whole lotta meat.....

They both had to be parked and wait a few minutes while we prepared and assembled their orders.

And, since I have a sick kid who can't go into work tonight, I may have to go back in for a few hours tonight. Oh joy, oh rapture. :duck:

JosieCat said:
Crazy busy lunch today.

One person ordered 16 McChickens and 8 large fries..."oh and could I make those McChickens hot and spicy?" (Facepalm!) Run to kitchen and frantically get them to STOP making all the regular McChickens and instead make them hot and spicy.

Also had someone order 4 double quarter pounder meals and a Big Mac meal. That's a whole lotta meat.....

They both had to be parked and wait a few minutes while we prepared and assembled their orders.

And, since I have a sick kid who can't go into work tonight, I may have to go back in for a few hours tonight. Oh joy, oh rapture. :duck:

Now why the heck would you order all of those chicken sandwiches at the drive thru??? I really would have wanted to smack him.

As for those outraged by my suggesting you keep ketchup in your car...I only suggested it for those that were so rabid about us no longer asking if you want ketchup and my recommending you ask for it with you order if you want it. (I even make sure the second window at our store is well stocked with the packets, so if our customers forget all the way until there, it's still readily available.) But some acted as though this was disgraceful and unacceptable. I think keeping ketchup in your car is kinda gross, but hey if your ketchup is that important to you, maybe you should think about it....

Actually if you have a Sam's Club nearby you can buy a whole case of the little packets and keep a few of those in your car.

Here in Germany a combo meal includes ONE packet of ketchup (or mayo). Extras are 20 euro cents each at BK and 30 at McDs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter