maybe crossing paths with Pop Warner 2013... would you change??

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Planning for next December and it's been hard to speculate which week and which resorts Pop Warner will be at. With Thanksgiving falling late next year, most sources guess they will be there the second week of December which is what they have done in the past. As for the resort choices, I have to guess for now that they will be at CBR and CSR for the moderates again, since that's what they are using this year.

All that being said, I am tentatively planning for Monday 12/2-Tuesday 12/10 next year staying at CSR. Assuming everything above holds true, would you change your resort or dates knowing the end of your trip crosses paths with the arrival of Pop Warner for four days? Pop Warner would likely arrive on Saturday 12/7 and we wouldn't leave until late Tuesday 12/10.

What are your thoughts? Would also love to hear if anyone has any different guesses for PW resorts/dates in 2013...

Considering the fact that I have gone the week after Thanksgiving for several years and Pop Warner always arrives the Saturday when I leave a week later, the schedule has not changed.

I have been there the earliest day and the latest day for Thanksgiving and they always show up the Saturday that I leave.

Considering the fact that I have gone the week after Thanksgiving for several years and Pop Warner always arrives the Saturday when I leave a week later, the schedule has not changed.

I have been there the earliest day and the latest day for Thanksgiving and they always show up the Saturday that I leave.

Yes, there has been some arguments saying that Pop Warner is "always" the first full week of December - which means next year would be the week after Thanksgiving, and some say that it is two weeks after Thanksgiving (regardless of when in December that is) which means next year would be the second week of Thanksgiving.

So, assuming I do cross paths with Pop Warner by 4 days at the end of my trip, would that be enough to warrant a resort or date change for you?

nkereina said:
Yes, there has been some arguments saying that Pop Warner is "always" the first full week of December - which means next year would be the week after Thanksgiving, and some say that it is two weeks after Thanksgiving (regardless of when in December that is) which means next year would be the second week of Thanksgiving.

So, assuming I do cross paths with Pop Warner by 4 days at the end of my trip, would that be enough to warrant a resort or date change for you?

Only if I were in the same resort.

We're looking at the same dates and have the same concern. We'll be staying at BCV, so hopefully we will be in the clear.

We're looking at the same dates and have the same concern. We'll be staying at BCV, so hopefully we will be in the clear.

Yes, you will be fine. Deluxe hasn't been an option for them in years past and I don't see it becoming one...

Same dates different resorts - I wouldn't change.
Same dates same resort - I would change.

NO!NO!NO!

I am 40 something and Childless by Choice. I can hardly be called "Child Friendly." I have been at WDW at least 8 times during PW and at least 6 times at the SAME value resort. I have never, ever had an issue with the kids. In fact, I find them to be polite and even conversive.

NO!NO!NO!

I am 40 something and Childless by Choice. I can hardly be called "Child Friendly." I have been at WDW at least 8 times during PW and at least 6 times at the SAME value resort. I have never, ever had an issue with the kids. In fact, I find them to be polite and even conversive.

I just got back from WDW yesterday, staying at Movies, and the Pop Warner kids started to arrive on Friday. I was a little leery, but had no issues whatsoever with them. They were very well behaved and none of the issues I was worried about (crowding, rowdiness, etc) happened.

I just got back from POP a couple of days ago. The Pop Warner kids arrived on Friday. The first night they were a little loud in the pool area until about 11pm and then all was quiet (I left on Sunday). I would not have noticed them there except for the signage/table they had and their sports/cheer shirts. I would say they were pretty well behaved as well.

I seem to be having the same thing going on in the back of my mind. I am going December 3-13th. And want to stay at one of the Port Orleans Resorts, which ive heard they stay at riverside cause i guess of the 5 person occupancy thing.
Ive heard different things then you tho. I've heard that the PW weekend is always the 1st weekend in Dec. and that they usually stay at the All Star Resorts. I've toyed with going the next week but I also don't want to be traveling that close to the Christmas holiday. So i'm gunna suck it up and hope fore the best. I have to also say that on another forum place I have seen people say that the parks and attractions in the morning aren't as crowded because the pop warner people are all at ESPN area. So I think that if I'm not a resort that they are at I will manage to endore.

Eaither way I'm sure a Blast will be had!!!

I seem to be having the same thing going on in the back of my mind. I am going December 3-13th. And want to stay at one of the Port Orleans Resorts, which ive heard they stay at riverside cause i guess of the 5 person occupancy thing.
Ive heard different things then you tho. I've heard that the PW weekend is always the 1st weekend in Dec. and that they usually stay at the All Star Resorts. I've toyed with going the next week but I also don't want to be traveling that close to the Christmas holiday. So i'm gunna suck it up and hope fore the best. I have to also say that on another forum place I have seen people say that the parks and attractions in the morning aren't as crowded because the pop warner people are all at ESPN area. So I think that if I'm not a resort that they are at I will manage to endore.

Eaither way I'm sure a Blast will be had!!!

They have not stayed at POR the past 2 years. This year the moderates were CBR and CSR.

http://www.popwarnersb.com/12superbowl/Pop Manual Package Info - Section 1.pdf

It's not a weekend, it's a full week. They arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving weekend (so Dec 7 next year) and stay through the following Friday or Saturday.

We just got back from 1 night at POP and 3 at SSR. The PW crowd was coming to POP and I felt we got out just in time. I will say they are well behaved for the most part, but it just makes the place feel so crowded to me.

We are here at POFQ and haven't seen any of them in the resort or on the buses. Saw some yeaterday at HS and Epcot but in small groups and with parenys behind them. No incidents at all....will let you know if that changes but itbseems unlikely.

We left POR last Friday and were happy to do so. A whole horde of pop Warner kids literally filled up the entire lobby of POR, we had to cut through the bar and gift shop to catch out ME bus. They weren't misbehaving, but they are in such large groups, I would not want to be stuck in line with them for a ride, bus or to eat and I've heard ppl complain before that sometimes they take it upon themselves to loudly practice at the resort. That would be annoying.

We left POR last Friday and were happy to do so. A whole horde of pop Warner kids literally filled up the entire lobby of POR, we had to cut through the bar and gift shop to catch out ME bus. They weren't misbehaving, but they are in such large groups, I would not want to be stuck in line with them for a ride, bus or to eat and I've heard ppl complain before that sometimes they take it upon themselves to loudly practice at the resort. That would be annoying.

I left POR Saturday. Friday was CRAZY! Food court packed, pool area packed, people everywhere. I think because of arrivals. Saturday was much calmer. We went to Epcot and the bus wasn't any more crowded, went to the food court to wait for ME and it was fine, etc. There were also dance groups in for the MK parade taping, so I don't know which were at POR.

I wasn't there with them long, so I don't know about the impact. But the lobby/food court settled down on Saturday.

Last year when we checked into CBR (just DW and I), we discovered that it was the host hotel for the cheerleaders. We had been avoiding that week because of PW, but when they started offering free dining, we took our chances and the first year or two they were at PO.

I am glad to say our worst fears were not realized. Yes it was crowded, way more crowded than we like. BUT, the girls were all well behaved, there was no extra noise to speak of, and once past breakfast (and they all headed off to competition), you never knew they were there. As for when they were, breakfast was like eating at Cosmic Ray's - lots of noise, lots of people looking for tables, lines at the ocunters. Evenings at OPR resembled World of Disney at DtD inside and outside the pool and the Banana Cabana were extra busy as well. Probably no different than a mid-July evening (except 30 degrees cooler).

Fortunately, we stay two weeks, so we got our peace and quiet back for week 2, so I can understand some people not wanting to share the entire vacation with PW, but all in all it wasn't bad. A high school basketball tournament moved in after PW, and while way fewer people, we actually preferred the 9-12 yo girls (one group of HS girls was loud and uber obnoxious on a park bus).

That said - we are leaving for this year's trip this weekend and avoiding them. PW week is now a free dining blackout week (unless you start before) and while we had no complaints, if given the choice, we will choose peace and quiet.

FWIW - it was somewhat surreal being surrounded by these platoons of 9-12 year old identically dressed girls romping around the resort. They go all out as far as decorating room windows, and you can tell when its a competition day - first hair rollers held down with handkerchiefs, and then final do's covered with hair nets. There were more hair nets than a lunch lady convention.

So I guess my answer is - no I wouldn't move and wouldn't worry if I didn't, but I wouldn't blame you if you did either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter