MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

Hi there!!!

Reading some of your updates and glad you hear you have another fall escape planned. It's not exactly the same but I think here in Canada I can relate to how you're feeling re: border confusion lol. From here (Canada) we can fly but not drive to the US, but Americans can drive into Canada (if they are vaccinated and have a negative covid test) Which makes absolutely no sense because the USA has waaaaayyyy more covid cases than we do and yet...Canada is letting the Americans in...but they aren't letting us drive over...I really can't figure out the rationale there because it certainly isn't science!!

We are seeing the same thing as you are...Canadians travelling and seeing more of our own country...which actually isn't a terrible thing as I have seen more of the US than Canada lol...but I'm still missing travel abroad a lot!!

Anyway....glad you are keeping well and I look forward to hearing more about your (local) travels!

Hey Kathy.......good to see you too.......

Oh it`s madness isn`t it! I have read some of the situation in Canada and it seems even more crazy than for the UK! Yes, so much for the science.

I think we were all promised if we got fully vaxxed it would be a game changer and life would return somewhat to normal, but it seems unless you are a celebrity, normal rules don`t apply. We see comments now and again of another lockdown in the winter, but everyone we know is saying no way in heck will the public comply again.......too many discrepancies.....it`s either safe to fly or it`s not. But, goodness knows......

I have become an expert in pushing flights forward to the next year lol.....so far we have May and September flights for next year, and if our Christmas trip doesn`t happen we have next year`s December trip flights sorted too.......always a silver lining ::yes::

But, hope things are good with you and yours Kathy and hopefully you have some trips to look forward to soon.......keep well :wave2:

I think we were all promised if we got fully vaxxed it would be a game changer and life would return somewhat to normal, but it seems unless you are a celebrity, normal rules don`t apply. We see comments now and again of another lockdown in the winter, but everyone we know is saying no way in heck will the public comply again.......too many discrepancies.....it`s either safe to fly or it`s not. But, goodness knows......

I have become an expert in pushing flights forward to the next year lol.....so far we have May and September flights for next year, and if our Christmas trip doesn`t happen we have next year`s December trip flights sorted too.......always a silver lining ::yes::

But, hope things are good with you and yours Kathy and hopefully you have some trips to look forward to soon.......keep well :wave2:

Yup exactly..we were so hoping for life to get back to some kind of normal once more people had the shot....it's those dang anti-vaxxers!! do you have a lot of them in the UK too wrecking things for the rest of us? They have been hinting here too about possible lockdowns - "if" they don't institute some kind of vaccine passport for non essential businesses to be able to more safely stay open...I'm all for that ...but there are a lot of protests about that.....

Things are reasonably good...getting ready to drive my son to school in Boston in a week or so...so that will be an adventure :)

Yup exactly..we were so hoping for life to get back to some kind of normal once more people had the shot....it's those dang anti-vaxxers!! do you have a lot of them in the UK too wrecking things for the rest of us? They have been hinting here too about possible lockdowns - "if" they don't institute some kind of vaccine passport for non essential businesses to be able to more safely stay open...I'm all for that ...but there are a lot of protests about that.....

Things are reasonably good...getting ready to drive my son to school in Boston in a week or so...so that will be an adventure :)

Yes, sadly we have them over here too. And news stories aplenty of anti vaxxers dying of Covid and their last words were they wished they had taken the vaccine. Heartbreaking for their families.

I`d have a vaccine passport in a heartbeat. I said as soon as this started, it would end up being attached to our passports the way all our ESTA details are. But, so many are against it.

Boston!! I`m envious.....that`s another city I`d love to see, it looks stunning and so full of history.........hope your son has a wonderful time when school starts back up again.

Yes, sadly we have them over here too. And news stories aplenty of anti vaxxers dying of Covid and their last words were they wished they had taken the vaccine. Heartbreaking for their families.

I`d have a vaccine passport in a heartbeat. I said as soon as this started, it would end up being attached to our passports the way all our ESTA details are. But, so many are against it.

Boston!! I`m envious.....that`s another city I`d love to see, it looks stunning and so full of history.........hope your son has a wonderful time when school starts back up again.

Ugh, I'm sorry you have your share of covidiots and anti vaxxers over there too. I would totally get any kind of passport in a heartbeat too...they have started hinting at it in some provinces in Canada but so far not Ontario. Canada says we will require it to travel but there's not concrete info on how exactly it will be done...we shall see.

Yes, Boston is an amazing city and you should definitely go when it's possible!! I have been there only once or twice, and my son has never even visited thanks to covid, but he likes the look of it so crossing fingers he loves it when he gets there!!

Welcome to Boston for your son! It is a great place to go to school, live, and work! Your son will have a wonderful time and be well-prepared for his future. Let me know if you have any questions — and don’t take a Uhaul on Storrow Drive — we call this “Bridge Crash Season!” 🤣

We are doing great. We have one of my Goddaughters getting married next month, and we can now attend that happily, although a much more limited wedding with numbers.

In October we have booked another week in the gorgeous Cotswolds. Same town as last year but different cottage. It was a nightmare trying to get booked as everyone has had the same idea......lol......place is going to be mobbed!! But, as no one can or will fly at the moment, Britain is being filled by Brits again!

It`s confusing with the border issue. It seems it`s safe for Americans and everyone else to fly into the UK, but not safe for us to go there :confused3 You`d think if we were so bad, no one would be allowed here. The UK is filled with Americans right now, family all over are noticing a marked increase in American accents around which is lovely, but I doubt we`ll be allowed to fly there this side of 2022. Although looking at Florida right now......the hospital situation seems very poor....wouldn`t want to get ill while we were there for sure. But, it has to improve sometime soon.....

You have your trip next month too I believe??? Hope it`s a whopper and you have an absolute blast!!

Have you been since the VC opened? I forget if you have been earlier in the year.

And good to see you.......nice to chat again........ :wave2:

Oh, to go to a wedding. That sounds wonderful! Glad you are getting to travel even if its sort of local.

I dont get the border rules either, but dont think you want to come over. Covid has exploded. My county has about 200,000 residents. Every weekend, the covid cases have been increasing about by about 25-30%.Last weekend it doubled, The national guard has been brought in because there is not enough help at the hospitals. Its scarier than the first time around.

And yes I leave in about 2 weeks for my trip with my niece. A little worried because my cousin is antivax and Universal is probably not the best place to take Katie. Probably going to piss some people off telling them to back off.

Have not rode VC yet. Still not totally sure that I will, but that will be our November girls trip with my sister. Pretty sure Katie will not want anything to do with that.

Good to chat with you too. Cant wait til you post all those gorgeous pictures from your trip.

Welcome to Boston for your son! It is a great place to go to school, live, and work! Your son will have a wonderful time and be well-prepared for his future. Let me know if you have any questions — and don’t take a Uhaul on Storrow Drive — we call this “Bridge Crash Season!” 🤣

Hey didn't mean to hijack your report here lol...but Thanks for the info lol!! I will not have a Uhaul thankfully lol..hoping to fit it all into a mid size SUV lol...wish me luck!! I have no idea where Storrow Drive is but will have to check if it's on our route into downtown!! We won't have a ton of time for sightseeing on this trip, but I did book aquarium tickets! I would love to do a whale watching boat, but I don't think we will have time. Anyway...with any luck...there will be many more visits in my future to see him when we can do aallll the things!!

Hey Kathy.......good to see you too.......

Oh it`s madness isn`t it! I have read some of the situation in Canada and it seems even more crazy than for the UK! Yes, so much for the science.

Have you made any plans since the US cleared you guys for travel?

Have you made any plans since the US cleared you guys for travel?

We have made some tentative plans. But, until they announce the actual date when Brits can travel again, we can`t be sure we`ll be travelling.

If they announce it`s Nov 30th for example, we won`t try to rebook, we`ll just decide it`s not happening and start our May countdown......we always look on the bright side where we can ::yes::

We do have some dining reservations in place which is a first for us, but they can easily be cancelled if need be. And we have the all important Travel Insurance which does cover any cancellations due to Covid or if the Government put us back in lockdown at any time.

Will have a new TR up and running as soon as we are confirmed, with the disclaimer that it could be cancelled at any time.....lol....

Good to see you though, hope all is good with you :wave2:

We do have some dining reservations in place which is a first for u

Not to be too nosy, but I would love to know where. Having been there multiple times, I fear we/I have gotten into a rut. We always do Finnegans, one of the HP restaurants, the Today Cafe and Sals. We tried Lombards and its never going to happen again. Talk me into trying something new.

Not to be too nosy, but I would love to know where. Having been there multiple times, I fear we/I have gotten into a rut. We always do Finnegans, one of the HP restaurants, the Today Cafe and Sals. We tried Lombards and its never going to happen again. Talk me into trying something new.

Not being nosy at all......so far The Palm at the HRH, can`t say enough how much we enjoy that restaurant and both cousins have been there very recently and said they had wonderful experiences.

Eddie V`s is another we`ve booked and thinking about Ocean Prime too. Both of those offsite. We plan to book Thanksgiving at RP hopefully.

Have you thought about Confisco Grille? We never miss going there and usually end up going twice at least, it is our favourite park option for food. Mythos we might give a try again, but wouldn`t be heartbroken if we missed it.

Thunder Falls Terrace is always good, counter service but everything is good there!!

San Francisco Bakery next to Lombards has some lovely fresh options too and nice cakes and pastries. And for a snack type dish, Chez Alcatraz beside Bruce the shark is pretty darn good too.

Bread Box in Citywalk was lovely, everything was very fresh and we will go back there.

Sal`s at PB has the best onsite pizza, only a short boat ride away.

We do tend to spend the mornings in the park and go offsite for lunch, so many choices...but this trip we may eat more onsite, although making reservations is not something we enjoy doing for lunch, so that may not work out as planned......lol....

Have you thought about Confisco Grille? We never miss going there and usually end up going twice at least, it is our favourite park option for food. Mythos we might give a try again, but wouldn`t be heartbroken if we missed it.

Thunder Falls Terrace is always good, counter service but everything is good there!!

San Francisco Bakery next to Lombards has some lovely fresh options too and nice cakes and pastries. And for a snack type dish, Chez Alcatraz beside Bruce the shark is pretty darn good too.

Bread Box in Citywalk was lovely, everything was very fresh and we will go back there.

I can also vouch for thunder falls - love their roasted chicken salad - so much good stuff in it and such a generous portion. Loved Confiscos's - which I only visited after schumigirl's post. I didn't eat at breadbox, but my DH's sandwich there was surprisingly good when I stole a bite- we popped in there one day for him because everyplace else had long lines.

If you go to Sal's, come back and update us :) That's the next to-do on my list - I have never ventured over to PB during trips - just so much else to do and see - but plan to next time to try that and the little happy hour evening opera thing they do in their plaza/courtyard area.

I can also vouch for thunder falls - love their roasted chicken salad - so much good stuff in it and such a generous portion. Loved Confiscos's - which I only visited after schumigirl's post. I didn't eat at breadbox, but my DH's sandwich there was surprisingly good when I stole a bite- we popped in there one day for him because everyplace else had long lines.

If you go to Sal's, come back and update us :) That's the next to-do on my list - I have never ventured over to PB during trips - just so much else to do and see - but plan to next time to try that and the little happy hour evening opera thing they do in their plaza/courtyard area.

lol.....I avoid the opera singer.......detest all things opera......I blame a school in Paris for making us suffer :rotfl:Many folks love it though.

I`m so glad you enjoyed Confisco`s......can`t recommend it highly enough. Sal`s has never disappointed us either. Not fond of either of the other Italian places they have there though.

Reactions: shh
Another vote for Sal’s — and a suggestion if you aren’t in the mood for pizza. We were there in May and I had both the caprese and Caesar salads. They were very fresh and I can’t recommend them enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!