MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

I have some relatives and friends who have been flying in and out if the USA since the start due to business. They`ve been fine flying

Ok, I think we can work with this. We just have to come up with a business reason for you to have to fly to Orlando for a month. I am sure we can do this. There are brilliant minds on this board.

Ok, I think we can work with this. We just have to come up with a business reason for you to have to fly to Orlando for a month. I am sure we can do this. There are brilliant minds on this board.

lol......I`ve been called a Universal Shill/Fan boy/girl many times over the years, and quite recently too.....would that count as a business......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Professional Shill.......hmmmm.......

Think we have another couple of weeks before VA cancel the flights, maybe less, then we can defer them for next year. I feel bad for folks again, who this was maybe their once in a lifetime trip or first time for many years. We`ve been fortunate to have many, many trips and many more to come.......life happens......but thank you Vicki.......

:flower3:

What a treat to see vacation pics. The colours of the flowers in that first photo outside the pub are so vibrant. That pub couldn't be any more inviting! So nice to see a beach full of people enjoying themselves and know that things are moving towards normal somewhere in the world ... we just need a bit more patience. We are all tired of kicking out vacations down the calendar but I try to remind myself we are fortunate to be able to travel when able as many never have the opportunity. Well, on a good day I think like that, some days it's more feeling sorry for myself LOL! Tomorrow we enter 'Stage 3' here in Ontario which means a return to indoor dining and non-essential retail, hair salons etc. Fingers crossed our case counts stay under control and we can get our border open in the near future. Hope you're having a nice day!

What a treat to see vacation pics. The colours of the flowers in that first photo outside the pub are so vibrant. That pub couldn't be any more inviting! So nice to see a beach full of people enjoying themselves and know that things are moving towards normal somewhere in the world ... we just need a bit more patience. We are all tired of kicking out vacations down the calendar but I try to remind myself we are fortunate to be able to travel when able as many never have the opportunity. Well, on a good day I think like that, some days it's more feeling sorry for myself LOL! Tomorrow we enter 'Stage 3' here in Ontario which means a return to indoor dining and non-essential retail, hair salons etc. Fingers crossed our case counts stay under control and we can get our border open in the near future. Hope you're having a nice day!

So good to see you Dynamoliz........ :wave2:

Thank you. That pub does make such an effort despite being in such a busy little place.

We were so lucky with the weather, every beach was like that, the one behind our hotel was the same and it`s lovely to see folks enjoying it and the water too which is incredibly temperate on that side of the country, the Gulf Stream helps a lot.

Stage 3 will be good. It`ll help everyone`s mood for sure. I can`t believe salons are only re-opening now...that does seem forever ago, I`d be standing in line at the salon door lol......but indoor dining retruning is also a good thing. I`m fine with all of that.

Fingers crossed the numbers stay low and you do get the borders opened. I think Canada will open well before us, so fingers crossed for you and you can get some trips planned.

And hope all is good with you generally, yes, it`s been a long haul for sure, hope you get that light soon that you`re good to go........

I didn't get my usual alert for this thread, so I was a couple pages behind....

Anyhoo, simply wonderful photos!! You and Tom are glowing....easy to see that being with family suits you both!

And you could be a UO travel agent...that's a legit business reason!

Beautiful pictures of Scotland Carole! Love the palm trees……..🌴
Brenda

Thank you Brenda........yes, some folks doubt we have them in Scotland, but they do grow everywhere around where I grew up.....

Hope you`re doing ok through all of this and moving forward and hopefully looking forward to some trips in the future.......good to see you :wave2:

Well, I am not giving up hope. I have 2 Uni trips this year and since you arent going in November, September has to happen. I have a feeling with the kid moving to AZ, next year's trips are going to be on the west coast.

I didn't get my usual alert for this thread, so I was a couple pages behind....

Anyhoo, simply wonderful photos!! You and Tom are glowing....easy to see that being with family suits you both!

And you could be a UO travel agent...that's a legit business reason!

lol.....some folks already think I work for them and give biased reports.......haha.....although have planned 8 people`s trips this year so far.......does that make me a TA......:rolleyes1

Thank you Lori.....we did have a wonderful, albeit short trip, but it was lovely after such a long time between visits due to covid. We did have the best time......

Well, I am not giving up hope. I have 2 Uni trips this year and since you arent going in November, September has to happen. I have a feeling with the kid moving to AZ, next year's trips are going to be on the west coast.

Where there`s life....there`s hope...so they say......

Yes, I can imagine you travelling more to the West Coast with your son moving out there in the future, completely understandable.

We do have Nov/Dec booked for now....but our Government are already predicting a winter lockdown just as we are supposed to fly......you have to laugh.......maybe May next year will work for us......:confused3

But, look forward to you enjoying your trips coming up Vicki ::yes::

Thank you Brenda........yes, some folks doubt we have them in Scotland, but they do grow everywhere around where I grew up.....

Hope you`re doing ok through all of this and moving forward and hopefully looking forward to some trips in the future.......good to see you :wave2:
Hi Carole,
Doing well ….thank you! Our Universal trip has been booked for next August at RPR…..just waiting to book our flights as soon as they are posted. I have a feeling many Canadians will be heading south in 2022…..so flights will go fast. Thanks for keeping your post going and keeping all of us updated. Take care.
Brenda:flower:

Hi Carole,
Long time no talk, lol 😂 I just came over to your Pre trip report to see how you have been doing. I love your beautiful photos from the Scotland trip. I’m so glad you got to have a nice visit with family.

I’m sorry travel is still up in the air for you. I have been to Florida twice now since April and have plans for August and late September.

I was hoping to see you in September! We have AP’s now for Universal and have been staying at USO a few times now, love it!
Andi rode Velocicoaster twice. I stayed on the ground haha 😛

I’m glad to hear you all have been vaccinated, my whole family is vaccinated and it has been nice to travel again!

I will be checking in on here to find out how your travel plans are going even if it is for next year!

Hi Carole,
Doing well ….thank you! Our Universal trip has been booked for next August at RPR…..just waiting to book our flights as soon as they are posted. I have a feeling many Canadians will be heading south in 2022…..so flights will go fast. Thanks for keeping your post going and keeping all of us updated. Take care.
Brenda:flower:

Good to hear you have some lovely plans afoot Brenda and things are ok with you....

Yes, I think you`re correct about people travelling next year.....you take care too :wave2:

Hi Carole,
Long time no talk, lol 😂 I just came over to your Pre trip report to see how you have been doing. I love your beautiful photos from the Scotland trip. I’m so glad you got to have a nice visit with family.

I’m sorry travel is still up in the air for you. I have been to Florida twice now since April and have plans for August and late September.

I was hoping to see you in September! We have AP’s now for Universal and have been staying at USO a few times now, love it!
Andi rode Velocicoaster twice. I stayed on the ground haha 😛

I’m glad to hear you all have been vaccinated, my whole family is vaccinated and it has been nice to travel again!

I will be checking in on here to find out how your travel plans are going even if it is for next year!

Hello Caroline!!!

It`s so good to see you and yes, I have meant to pop over and post. I did read about your trip earlier, then you were going on another one......but I never made it back over....I will though as I so enjoy your reports and look forward to hearing about them.

August and September trips planned.....:thumbsup2.....fabulous, you certainly deserve it, it would have been lovely to say hello this year.....maybe next year then, but glad to hear your trips are in place after the last year and a bit with the uncertainty.

You didn`t go on the Velocicoaster.....lol......I think I`ll need some courage medicine before I go on it, but I will......I`m glad Andi enjoyed it though and glad to hear you`re having more trips to include Universal. We will manage a meet one day......

Thank you too, I`m glad you liked the pictures, it was a very long overdue trip. My mum is 86 now, but she is fit as a fiddle and still as alert as ever thankfully. You`d never guess she is 86. But, you never know, it was lovely and I think we plan to go back up in either September or October.

But, I will be over to catch up on your reports....I think I will have a lot to read.....lol....

Take care and catch up soon....... :wave2:

This thread not being at the top makes me sad. Hope you are doing well Carole.

Thank you snowpack........you are indeed very thoughtful.

We are doing great. We have one of my Goddaughters getting married next month, and we can now attend that happily, although a much more limited wedding with numbers.

In October we have booked another week in the gorgeous Cotswolds. Same town as last year but different cottage. It was a nightmare trying to get booked as everyone has had the same idea......lol......place is going to be mobbed!! But, as no one can or will fly at the moment, Britain is being filled by Brits again!

It`s confusing with the border issue. It seems it`s safe for Americans and everyone else to fly into the UK, but not safe for us to go there :confused3 You`d think if we were so bad, no one would be allowed here. The UK is filled with Americans right now, family all over are noticing a marked increase in American accents around which is lovely, but I doubt we`ll be allowed to fly there this side of 2022. Although looking at Florida right now......the hospital situation seems very poor....wouldn`t want to get ill while we were there for sure. But, it has to improve sometime soon.....

You have your trip next month too I believe??? Hope it`s a whopper and you have an absolute blast!!

Have you been since the VC opened? I forget if you have been earlier in the year.

And good to see you.......nice to chat again........ :wave2:

Hi there!!!

Reading some of your updates and glad you hear you have another fall escape planned. It's not exactly the same but I think here in Canada I can relate to how you're feeling re: border confusion lol. From here (Canada) we can fly but not drive to the US, but Americans can drive into Canada (if they are vaccinated and have a negative covid test) Which makes absolutely no sense because the USA has waaaaayyyy more covid cases than we do and yet...Canada is letting the Americans in...but they aren't letting us drive over...I really can't figure out the rationale there because it certainly isn't science!!

We are seeing the same thing as you are...Canadians travelling and seeing more of our own country...which actually isn't a terrible thing as I have seen more of the US than Canada lol...but I'm still missing travel abroad a lot!!

Anyway....glad you are keeping well and I look forward to hearing more about your (local) travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter