Maybe a dumb question about disney gift card

acamechis

Mouseketeer
I see posts on here about using disney gift cards. I'm just not understand what the purpose of buying a gift card to pay for your cruise or to use when one the cruise. If your buying it aren't you still putting out the same amount of money out? Any information on why people are doing this would be awesome!

If you have a target card you get 5% off the cards. I'm buying mine at BJs there they are$4 off And I get 2% back from myCC so ill save $6 per hundred I buy. Looking to get 2k in cards so $120 in savings!!!!!!

I see posts on here about using disney gift cards. I'm just not understand what the purpose of buying a gift card to pay for your cruise or to use when one the cruise. If your buying it aren't you still putting out the same amount of money out? Any information on why people are doing this would be awesome!

Lots of people use their Target Red Card to purchase the Disney Gift cards and automatically get 5% off. I purchase mine from a local grocery store and get $0.20 off per gallon of gas for every $50 spent. :thumbsup2

We either buy them at Target to get 5% off or at the grocery store to get 5% cash back on AMEX. The savings are nice, but mostly I do it to sneak in vacation charges to normal charges. If I get $50 every couple of weeks mixed in with normal spending, I can have my on-board expenses and excursions covered before we get on the ship... it makes for a nice and small final charge.

We buy Disney gift cards at a grocery store that offers fuel perks. You get 20 cents off a gallon of gas for every $50 you buy in gift cards. We bought enough Disney gift cards to pay for our entire cruise and ended up with almost $800 in FREE gas!

If you have a target card you get 5% off the cards. I'm buying mine at BJs there they are$4 off And I get 2% back from myCC so ill save $6 per hundred I buy. Looking to get 2k in cards so $120 in savings!!!!!!

Wait... can I buy Disney gift cards at BJs with my Disney Visa?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter