May I please share my news with my DIS family

pintrader

<font color=FF66FF>Leader of the Conga Line to ton
Many of you know I have not heard from my 26-year old son since Tuesday. My heart has been so very heavy. As I stood at the flag pole in the Magic Kingdom today and waited to watch the Guards take our flag from half mast to full mast and then slowly decend to their white-gloved hands, to be folded for the night, I spotted my dear dear frined Holland Hayes better known to many of us as Scoop Sanderson, Main Street Gazette Reporter. Scoop saw me and made his way over to say "Howdy" He asked how I was doing. and I finally broke down and cried as I shared with him my sorrow over not having any call from my son who worked between the Nation's Capitol and the Pentagon. He held me and hugged me and held me even tighter. This has been so tough. Malcolm and Lauree have opened there home to me as have Ed and Donna. All four have been with with me steadily, we spent dinners together. Tonight after dinner I got a call from my mother in Denver Colorado who had spoken with my ex-husband five minutes earlier. He told her my dear, dear Scott was shaken, but alive and well. Disney have been my escape during all of the reality of this.

They are doing all that they can to keep this the happiest place on earth. It seemed really ok that I had to show photo ID just to get into any of the parks. I don't know what good it did really, but it gave us all a sense of being protected and looked after. As tiny tim said "God Bless us one and All". I am so glad I have so many of you out there to love and who love me back. You have no idea how much this board has helped me get through the last five days. Sometimes lurking is good too.
Most of all thank you Gary, Ed, Donna Malcolm, Lauree and all of you kids at the Friday night pin meet this week.
{{ }}

Kathryn,

I had no idea. I can barely imagine how you managed through the last five days. You are so lucky to have such wonderful friends to embrace you and support you.

Thank God, your son is safe. You are lucky there again.

I hope many more mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, wives, husbands, children, friends . . . also find the same luck that you've found.

:)

I had no idea....thank the Lord your son is safe Kathryn. I do not know how you made it through this week. Oh my.....

God Bless!!!

cindy

...anything for our queen. I, for one, am honored to have had a small, small part in helping to alleviate someone's grief, or pain, or fear during this hellish experience for us all.

Kathryn, we're happy and relieved that your boy is ok. We'll continue to pray for everyone else.

and lest you all get the wrong impression, the only reason why we keep Kathryn so close to us is that we want to get the cool pins that she inevitably trails behind her.

Kathryn, Thank God!!! I can't even imagine the fear that you felt all week worrying about your son, an I am so happy to hear that the fear was replaced by relief upon the news that he was ok. {{{Kathryn}}}

Leslie

I can empathize. So many people here reached out to comfort me when I posted the note about my aunt working at the Pentagon. It is horrifying stress, can't describe it in any other way.

I don't want to think about going through that with a child!! It is the most devastating feeling a woman could have.

I am glad everything worked out. I am also happy that such a nice bunch of people were there for support. Keep smiling, we'll beat this!

Wanda

Kathryn - I don't know how you kept this inside. Even during chat the other night!!!! I am very glad to hear that he is OK and I too hope there are many more "happy endings" like yours out there.

Kathryn,
You told me about the tornados that hit your area last week and I felt for you that you had to go through that worry, but why did you keep this bottled up inside. I don't know if what I had said would have helped, but it would have been at least one more prayer chain given up to help your son.
And although they were not in as much danger as your son was, my boys came home last night at 2 a.m. They were on a vacation in Nevada with their father and were stranded there. And all I wanted was to see their faces and know they were safe.
So now lets all pray for those who are still missing. Peggie

Kathryn, I'm so very very happy you have heard Scott is alive and well. Such a tragedy for the nation, and I'm so glad your son is OK.
Take care

We are glad that your son is ok. It is a hard thing to go through.

God Bless

figgy and britt

I am so happy to hear the wonderful news about your son - God does work in mysterious ways and although it was so difficult to wait, the waiting was so worthwhile!!! Peace to you! Caroline

Gary and I have a 600 sq foot apartment over our 4500 sq foot business. We are four lots away from the water. The tornado that touched down took out the marina just there. While Gary and I slept through the tornado in our apartment our 4500 sq ft business our business was being assaulted with winds and rains. We have a roof leak in our business facility. As if that were not enough the tornado lifted up and travelled north until it came to our business (POP Point of Presence) in Cocoa Florida, where it touched down once again and we also have a roof leak in our facility in Cocoa. The only two places it touched down in the whole county. We were not damaged badly. Other businesses were destroyed and twisted.
As many of you know after Hurricane Andrew hit Homestead and literally wiped it off the surface, all Floridians have had their insurance policies altered in such a way that Not only are "Acts of War" "Acts of God" not covered but now anything having to do with a hurricane is so worded that there will be no coverage for these issues, we are now facing.
Gary and I are battle-fatigued and weary. I trust that all of you who know me realize that I keep deeply hurtful things to me very close. Our financial state is no better than any of yours and we wonder how we can and will go on some times. Please pray for Gary. He is the one who has all the burden to bear for our financial, business-success, emotional, psychological well-being and existence. I don't know where he is finding the strength. I have learned he has suffered three strokes recently and being a new fledgling company we obviously have no insurance; not on him, not on me not on our business. We have no more $ for employees to help relieve him of his strain. If anyone knows anyone at all who needs high-speed, interenet connectivity we desperately need new customers. Some of our customer base is the World Health Organization in Geneva Switzerland, The United Nations in NY NY, The Local Red Cross Chapters, many, many cruise lines. What I am trying to say here is we have extremely reliable tier one level connectivity with redundancy in and out of the State of Florida and I believe Gary calls it a self-healing circuit.
Now you all know why I have not shared things going on. Everyone has their share of problems and while I feel like I have no idea how we will survive most of this. I realize all of you have hardships in your lives too. I know how helpless I feel when I speak with each of you and hear your problems and know that saying how sorry I am has not changed anything for you at all.
Thank you all for your kinds words and intentions.

You guys in Orlando --- move over we may be having to move in soon :-)

time to start selling high speed internet!!

And from your Orlando contingent, our home is your home! Maybe we should have a "Rooftop" pin meet? trade pins, fix a roof, enjoy the view...could be fun

we'd have to make sure nobody did the Happy Pin Dance to close to the edge, otherwise,...ouch!

Kathryn tell Gary to take a vacation. He needs to stop working on your networks for awhile.

Heeeeeey I have an idea he can work on my networks. I got Lucent Pipelines oooooooo. Bet you don't have those I betcha don't huh huh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter