may 4th live Bawb memorial

wilde_oscar

DIS Veteran
this event was as good as it could have been given the circumstance. Impressive location and one heck of a spread. My deepest thanks to Bawb's family and friends, the pod squad, et. Al. For sharing with your audience

Peace be with you all

this event was as good as it could have been given the circumstance. Impressive location and one heck of a spread. My deepest thanks to Bawb's family and friends, the pod squad, et. Al. For sharing with your audience

Peace be with you all

Glad you went! WildeOscar.... :hug:

WO, I'm glad that you could make it.

Glad you made it there WO.

Were there alot of people there? Alot of DIS'ers? I was thinking about it today and was hoping alot of people were able to make it.

my new park peeve is the people with blue tooth ear gizmos... Are you really so important that you need one of those in your head @ mk? I mean really? At the happiest place on earth on vacation pushing you kid in a 31$ stroller do you need that distraction?

Thanks for sharing. Any other details? I thought of you all today...

Amy

the gaylord is a cool hotel, very pretty... Though you need a Sherpa and the rosettastone to find your way out.

my new park peeve is the people with blue tooth ear gizmos... Are you really so important that you need one of those in your head @ mk? I mean really? At the happiest place on earth on vacation pushing you kid in a 31$ stroller do you need that distraction?

And don't they look dumb, walking through the parks, talking loudly to themselves?

Actually, I do that without a bluetooth.....

And don't they look dumb, walking through the parks, talking loudly to themselves?

Actually, I do that without a bluetooth.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

They do look ridiculous - I sometimes wish there was no mobile phones (well apart from i phones of course!!!)

Oooooooo, I hate those things. I am always thinking the person is talking to me cuz you can't see the darn thing, at least with a cell you can see the person holding it to their ear. Course I'm not really fond of cell phones either. I just got one a couple months ago and it is turned off most of the time....Personally, I LIKE it when people can't reach me...and that is especially true when I'm at WDW.

It was great getting to meet so many people. They had a display of Bob photos. His wife was there along with his kids.

I got to meet many DIS'ers. It is always so great to put a face to the name.

The food was fabulous and the company was the best. There were plenty of stories about Bob.

ohh...i hate those little buggers also. My favorite is when someone has one and they hop into their 87 Yugo that cost about the same as the headset. Really...too lazy to hold a phone to your ear? Keep it in the car where in belongs.

It was so nice to meet Wildeoscar, Safteymom, Deb, and other posters! And of course Kevin, John, Julie, and Corey. It was almost surreal to look around and not see Bawb, I forgot for just a second and then had to remind myself..... Bob's wife Dianer (it was actually written that way on her name tag :) ) was very gracious allowing "strangers" to express their sympathies and share time with her less than a week after he passed.

Thank you, Podcast team for allowing us to share time with you and sharing your great memories of your dear friend, Bawb. He will be missed, and sadly it has finally hit home.

Mandy

i always think they are talking to me too! :lmao:

Keep the office at the office not at the magic kingdom thank you!

Im glad the meet went well!

Wow, Somehow Val & I missed meeting some of the folks that were there. It would have been nice to put a face with some more of the names. We certainly enjoyed chatting with the folks there - I guess we should have made more of an effort to "work the room".

Thanks to the Podcast crew for setting this up. It was a great opportunity for all of us to come together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!