May 20th, 2023 - 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona (Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Palma de Mallorca)

We got our room no yesterday as well. (OGT got a 9B) don't mind being on deck 2, just wish it wasn't above the gangway.

We got our room no yesterday as well. (OGT got a 9B) don't mind being on deck 2, just wish it wasn't above the gangway.
We had actually booked deck 2. To us it is a good location. One set of stairs up to the atrium. And empty elevator up to pool deck. Hopefully the gangway won’t mean too much noise in the early morning!

No room number for us yet!!! :sad::sad:
I wonder if they forgot us and we will end up in a broom cabinet?!?

They are getting the suite ready for you really :)
We had actually booked deck 2. To us it is a good location. One set of stairs up to the atrium. And empty elevator up to pool deck. Hopefully the gangway won’t mean too much noise in the early morning!

This is where we were assigned - it seems a great location. We are slightly closer to the elevators then we have been in the past on Deck 2 (this was on the Magic) but I am sure it will be fine

They are getting the suite ready for you really :)

This is where we were assigned - it seems a great location. We are slightly closer to the elevators then we have been in the past on Deck 2 (this was on the Magic) but I am sure it will be fine
Haha!!! I wish there would be hope for an upgrade to concierge! 🤣
More likely we will just join you and @fitnessmouse on deck 2.

I'm trying to get some last minute arrangements and confirmations done. I've been having lots of issues ordering tickets online today. I've been able to get my tickets for the Aerobus from the airport to Placa Cataluña, and tickets for Montserrat on Friday. I have my Mt Vesuvius tix, but no luck for Pompeii and Herculaneum entry tickets yet.
I've got my poncho and umbrella ready for packing- it looks like it may be a soggy week. I'll be optimistic and pack my folding hand fan in case it gets too warm. Since pants need to be below the knees to go into Italian churches, I'm hoping that it stays cool.

When we were planning our excursions 2 months ago I thought Herculaneum was closed on the day we are in port; you may want to check!

I think we are going to try and get on the DCL disembarkation tour of Montserrat as our flight home isn’t until close to midnight. I read you cannot book this until you are on board, does anyone have any experience if this fills up quickly, do I need to book it as soon as we board?

Thanks!

When we were planning our excursions 2 months ago I thought Herculaneum was closed on the day we are in port; you may want to check!
I was able to get a ticket this evening. I will NOT be happy if they sold me a ticket when it wasn't open, since it's a ticket for that specific date..

I was able to get a ticket this evening. I will NOT be happy if they sold me a ticket when it wasn't open, since it's a ticket for that specific date..
I think it was closed on Thursday in the winter season. The website is not the best and when you would have looked in March, it stated closed on Thursdays. I guess that’s where the info came from.

I think we are going to try and get on the DCL disembarkation tour of Montserrat as our flight home isn’t until close to midnight. I read you cannot book this until you are on board, does anyone have any experience if this fills up quickly, do I need to book it as soon as we board?

Thanks!
I looked into doing that too, but our flight home leaves too early for that.
I guess I could try to book a private tour, but I thought this time the price DCL charges was fair.

@Tink1987 I have no idea how quickly it books up. And previous experience might not apply to us as it used to be the Magic which is much smaller. I would ask about cancellation policy. Maybe you can book, but cancel if you decide against it?

It reminded me that I still need to book the bags & go service for debarkation day. We are taking a train early afternoon to France. But I am not sure how many pieces of luggage we will have. Hoping to get it down to two suitcases and one carryon. But we are doing a three week trip in all and it looks like the weather might not be as warm as I expected. Next week looks horrible for all our ports. Lots of rain! I know they need the rain desperately in Southern Europe. But I hope it goes away for our cruise!

So, in the Know Before You Go section DCL distinguishes between domestic flights and international flights. You think domestic is within Spain only, or should Shengen qualify?

So, in the Know Before You Go section DCL distinguishes between domestic flights and international flights. You think domestic is within Spain only, or should Shengen qualify?
Schengen is domestic for that purpose in my opinion. You could have the flight to Paris at the gate next to the flight to Palma.

I looked into doing that too, but our flight home leaves too early for that.
I guess I could try to book a private tour, but I thought this time the price DCL charges was fair.

@Tink1987 I have no idea how quickly it books up. And previous experience might not apply to us as it used to be the Magic which is much smaller. I would ask about cancellation policy. Maybe you can book, but cancel if you decide against it?

It reminded me that I still need to book the bags & go service for debarkation day. We are taking a train early afternoon to France. But I am not sure how many pieces of luggage we will have. Hoping to get it down to two suitcases and one carryon. But we are doing a three week trip in all and it looks like the weather might not be as warm as I expected. Next week looks horrible for all our ports. Lots of rain! I know they need the rain desperately in Southern Europe. But I hope it goes away for our cruise!

Thank you both. The planner in me is twitching in leaving something to chance on board :) I’m sure they will have a good handle on demand. I thought the price was pretty decent too.

The weather is slightly concerning me too - I don’t like it too hot and we wouldn’t normally visit mainland Europe at this time of year but feel like I may have jinxed it now!

Thanks!
We'd like to do this tour too. I tried looking for reviews, but it seems a lot of people book a private tour rather than wait to board. DCL's pricing seemed good, and if we're leaving luggage on the coach while we do the tour, I'd rather it was a DCL excursion!

I'm going to ask about it early in the cruise in case it books up. I'd also like to check that it departs after the second seating breakfast, I want to be able to enjoy my last meal on board!

Here no room no luggage tags. My TA asked again for us today and got the answer “It could be up until arrival at the pier. They are guaranteed at least the room type they booked.”

I mean, we hand over our untagged bags with no room number to porters who speak Catalan or Spanish???

Hey, at least it’s an adventure! 🤣

We are leaving on Sunday, tomorrow is my last day at work, so the trip is getting real! So excited! First highlight will be the Elton John Yellow Brick Road concert in Cologne - we had the tickets since 2019, it was moved twice because of you know what…

I noticed that now for Toulon our Ashore time is 6:30am! I thought it was 8:45 so now I’m wondering if we can do a longer excursion!
I just spotted that earlier - Naples and Palma have longer hours too. Naples was 8am-6pm, now 7am-7pm. Palma was 8:30am-4:45pm, now 8:30am-5:30pm.

Our port adventure for Naples still shows 8am so I wonder if that will stay the same or change. I'm not really a morning person so I'm happy for it to stick at 8am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter