May 20th, 2023 - 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona (Toulon, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples, Palma de Mallorca)

I just spotted that earlier - Naples and Palma have longer hours too. Naples was 8am-6pm, now 7am-7pm. Palma was 8:30am-4:45pm, now 8:30am-5:30pm.

Our port adventure for Naples still shows 8am so I wonder if that will stay the same or change. I'm not really a morning person so I'm happy for it to stick at 8am!
Oh, nice catch! I like the longer hours for Palma especially since we are not getting off a ship at 8:30 am unless absolutely necessary.

I'm excited that there's some extra time in Naples. We're taking an outside excursion that includes three stops, and I was a bit anxious about getting back in time.
I've taken a peek at the extended weather forecast for our ports. Each port from Toulon to Naples has more than a 50% chance of rain. 😥The ponchos and umbrella will definitely be in the day bags. The temps are ranging from low 70s in the day to upper 50s at night.

And we are all packed - well wash bags will be added tomorrow morning as well as chargers and other last minute stuff. BUT in less than 12 hours we will be on our way! So excited!

Still no room though... :sad2: But we just realised that our room at our first hotel was upgraded, so that's very nice! Maybe it's a sign that we will be upgraded on the Dream as well!.:cool1:

Naples is the only port where we're doing an excursion, the others we'll either stay on the ship or go for a wander. So I'm quite pleased to have an extra hour before we need to be back on board!

I think it's still early to worry about the weather, but worth packing for rain just in case! I'm just starting to pack now, still need to wait until Friday before we set off.

We don’t have ‘m yet
Hey, don’t complain, we don’t have a stateroom yet! 😉

Our travel agent found out for us what happens if we do to have one by Saturday morning: the porters have the ship manifest and can look up our stateroom there. How DCL can put our room in the ship manifest and not tell us is beyond my understanding. And I am really looking forward to explaining our situation to a Spanish/Catalan speaking porter… if this happens I will let DCL know that I do consider this a major customer service fail!

But otherwise we are already having an amazing trip! Saw Elton John tonight, tomorrow we fly to Barcelona.

Hey, don’t complain, we don’t have a stateroom yet! 😉

Our travel agent found out for us what happens if we do to have one by Saturday morning: the porters have the ship manifest and can look up our stateroom there. How DCL can put our room in the ship manifest and not tell us is beyond my understanding. And I am really looking forward to explaining our situation to a Spanish/Catalan speaking porter… if this happens I will let DCL know that I do consider this a major customer service fail!

But otherwise we are already having an amazing trip! Saw Elton John tonight, tomorrow we fly to Barcelona.

How was Elton John? Very jealous!

Safe travels to everyone over the next couple of days

Haven't packed a thing yet!
went shopping today to buy summer clothes for the boys (DH and DS)
cuz appearantly they only found out last weekend that they don't have anything to wear
that sounds like my husband! He informed me that I should have packed a refillable cup from WDW for him for the cruise as he hates the tiny paper cups. I suggested that five times before we left since I bought a really nice insulated steel one for myself and suggested that he gets one as well or at least packs an old WDW one… 🙄

Haven't packed a thing yet!
went shopping today to buy summer clothes for the boys (DH and DS)
cuz appearantly they only found out last weekend that they don't have anything to wear

You are being really calm about this haha, I would be panicking by now! :)

@fitnessmouse you were right about Port Aventura. The lines were incredibly long: 3-4 hours for the coasters. The park itself is beautiful and we did a few smaller attractions. The Sesame Street Dark ride is very well done, it’s kind of a Buzz Lightyear ride where you hunt cookies. All in all I am glad we went, but would not return. Also wouldn’t recommend unless you are a completist when it comes to theme parks. 😉

@fitnessmouse you were right about Port Aventura. The lines were incredibly long: 3-4 hours for the coasters. The park itself is beautiful and we did a few smaller attractions. The Sesame Street Dark ride is very well done, it’s kind of a Buzz Lightyear ride where you hunt cookies. All in all I am glad we went, but would not return. Also wouldn’t recommend unless you are a completist when it comes to theme parks. 😉
Thank you for confirming. We’ve been to a lot of theme parks as well beautiful park but it wasn’t our favorite.

Yes, have a great cruise. The weather is looking better now except for Toulon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter