• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

Woowhoo...kind of... 2 out of 3 kids have strep but they will be well beyond 24 hours worth of meds by First Communion on Saturday.
Woowhoo I tested negative and as long as I can keep my youngest from licking me (she doesn't quite have the idea of a kiss down) i should stay that way.
Woowhoo the week is half over it has been a doozy.

I'll second WooHoo that the week is half over! It's been a crazy week at work and I'm ready for it to be over!

Also WooHoo that after work today I did what I call my bargain shopping run. I have a discount on one of my credit cards to make a purchase through Instacart each month. We live too far for any deliveries, so once a month I order for an Aldi pickup. The town is about 15 minutes away (the opposite direction as my work), so I try to make the most of it. I did a Target pickup order, my Aldi order and a Walgreens pickup order. Only took about 30 extra minutes and I stocked up on some great deals!

THANKFUL THURSDAY

word-image.jpeg

What are you thankful for today?

I'm thankful that the presentation I had to make to the greater group of folks who do my same job is done and went really well. It was literally a meeting on how to facilitate good meetings.. no pressure or any thing.

I'm thankful that I've finally gotten all of the side yard weed wacked and mowed to the same height. Phew. I'm going to have to mow again over the weekend, but it will be so much easier for both me and the mower.

I'm thankful to be going to a lecture at the town museum tomorrow evening. I haven't been doing enough social things to get out and meet people lately, so this will help to get me going again. I may even go to knit night this evening.

Thankful for the beautiful weather we're having right now. It's been unseasonable chilly where I live, so it's nice to see (and feel) the sun!

Today I'm thankful for all of the support we have from family. Hubby is still sick, so my mom is going to come get the kids off of the bus tomorrow and take them to hers while I deal with the worst of my chemo days.

I never had to go through your current struggles, but having family nearby is definitely a blessing! My mom was so helpful when my kids were little (still is, just in a different way). I hope to some day be able to help my kids that way.

I'm sure your mom is thankful that she is able to help you when you need it :hug:

It has been a long week and I am very thankful it is Friday. I have worked so much this week that I get to leave at 12:45 today. I am hoping work will be better next week.

My woohoo from Wednesday is that DD is doing great. This is also something I am thankful for. When we got back from vacation DD started a new medication for her anxiety. DH and I were very hesitant about this because of our horrible experience last year. For those of you that don't know, her pediatrician started her on Prozac and after a few weeks she had suicidal thoughts and they gave us no support what so ever. So this was very rough for us to try again. This time we went to a psychiatrist who prescribed a different one that she thought would work much better after going through a thorough exam. This one helps with sleep and eating. Both things that DD is not great at. After a few days DD said to me "is this what it is like for people who sleep". About last week she started to eat more too. She is probably getting the right number of calories now. Plus she is eating more fruit, veggies and yogurt. The best part she has not been freaking out before the EOC (end of course exams. In Ohio, You have to pass these to graduate. They are like standardized tests but you take each one at the end of the year that you took that class. The one morning she was trying to take a nap before we left. She is a bit worked up today with the AP US history test today but nothing like before. She is also laughing (truly laughing) more and joking around like she used to. She seems so much happier.

Tonight I had purchased movie tickets for DH and I to see Guardians of the Galaxy, but when DS went to work his boss had 2 tickets to tonights baseball game. No one there wanted them, so they offered them to us. So, I need to work on getting a refund for our movie tickets, but we're getting to go see the ball game. Our team is doing AWFUL this year, but I still love the team and love to see baseball games in general, so it should be a fun evening!

Tomorrow night is our high school prom. This is my niece's senior year, so I'm going to go to the walk-ins. I don't know if everyone does that, but all of the kids (if they want to) are announced when they arrive at school for the prom. It's really fun seeing all of the girls dresses and the guys all dressed up. I probably won't know most of the kids, but I will recognize a few of my nieces friends and probably a few girls from church. It's a fun way to spend the evening.

Then, on Sunday after our typical family lunch at my mom's we're going to make homemade mints for my niece's graduation party. We started making them when my first cousin got married (over 40 years ago now) and we've made them for every special occasion since.

It has been a long week and I am very thankful it is Friday. I have worked so much this week that I get to leave at 12:45 today. I am hoping work will be better next week.

My woohoo from Wednesday is that DD is doing great. This is also something I am thankful for. When we got back from vacation DD started a new medication for her anxiety. DH and I were very hesitant about this because of our horrible experience last year. For those of you that don't know, her pediatrician started her on Prozac and after a few weeks she had suicidal thoughts and they gave us no support what so ever. So this was very rough for us to try again. This time we went to a psychiatrist who prescribed a different one that she thought would work much better after going through a thorough exam. This one helps with sleep and eating. Both things that DD is not great at. After a few days DD said to me "is this what it is like for people who sleep". About last week she started to eat more too. She is probably getting the right number of calories now. Plus she is eating more fruit, veggies and yogurt. The best part she has not been freaking out before the EOC (end of course exams. In Ohio, You have to pass these to graduate. They are like standardized tests but you take each one at the end of the year that you took that class. The one morning she was trying to take a nap before we left. She is a bit worked up today with the AP US history test today but nothing like before. She is also laughing (truly laughing) more and joking around like she used to. She seems so much happier.
Wow... this is great progess1

It's been a great week exercise wise, thanks to all the mowing. It's been OK food wise as well, altho yesterday I had a severe case of the munchies and decided to just go with it. For the most part they were good choices, like cut veggies, but it felt like a lot of food and I was hesitant to get on the scale this morning but it was ok.

I have the lecture at the museum this evening, then when I get home I'll be able to do our pre-boarding for the cruise. Woohoo... can't beleive it is getting so close. Then I signed up for an art class Sunday afternoon, its for a medium I had never heard of that uses wax, so it'll be new and exciting. Both get me back on the social track again.

This is great news 🎉

We made it to Friday!! Hooray!!!

DD and I started the morning at a community yard sale, we did pretty well but nothing too great. DD and I got some clothes, got some dog blankets for the dog crates and some toys for the nieces and nephews. My niece came later this morning and she has gotten much more than the $2 I paid worth of enjoyment of her toys lol.

We went to my oldest niece and nephews track day which was fun the weather was great.

Im babysitting until 11pm tonight so I am going to go to my sisters this evening and put the baby to bed then ride her peloton!

Tomorrow DH and I are at the spca to volunteer and I am assisting with a trainee class.

Our weather is to be gorgeous this weekend so I can’t wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter