May 2010 Pre-Trip Report--Bay Lake Tower, here we come! *TR link posted! 6/8*

Just thought I'd say hey again! It's so interesting to me to see where everyone chooses to eat. We are pretty much staying with what we know so far, but I know we'll get out there mroe as the kids get older and make some choices- at least I hope we will!

Hello, joining in on your wait!!! We went to Disney World for the first time last May! Oh, we loved it so much. We are going back in September 2010 and cannot wait. That is why I am here on the dis of course.

Good choice going with the dining plan. We have only been once of course, but we did do the dining plan and I couldn't imagine going without it. You don't have to worry about anything. I am also a huge fan of the mugs, we will definitely get them again next trip too. They saved us so much money on drinks!!!

And congrats on the DVC, that is awesome!!!

You have a beautiful family.

:goodvibes I am so glad to hear great things about the dining plan! We also love the mugs...it's so easy to just run to the food court to fill 'em up!

We are also trying the Wave this time too. Looks yummy!

I hope so! I like trying out new places...

Hey!! I am still here! I finally got internet back!! YAY!! :woohoo: I hope all is well with you and your family!! I want to hear all about how Christmas goes. :goodvibes

:banana: For internet! :lmao: I hope you & Landon had a awesome Christmas!

Yummy! I love talking about Disney food. We have plans to try the Wave pretty soon. Boma is just yummy!

Yall are so cute!

Merry Christmas!

We fell in love with Boma the 1st time we ate there. We even went back on that same trip! :rotfl: Disney food is great! Thanks...and Merry Christmas to you...and a Happy New Year!

Oh--I'm so glad you posted pics!!! And your additional dining choices sound wonderful!!

Thanks...I need to get some more pics up. And some more dining choices made! :laughing:

Just thought I'd say hey again! It's so interesting to me to see where everyone chooses to eat. We are pretty much staying with what we know so far, but I know we'll get out there mroe as the kids get older and make some choices- at least I hope we will!

I'm sure you will. With little ones it's easier to stick with what you know. We try a couple new places each time, but we surely have our favorites. :goodvibes

Just popping by to wish you a Merry Christmas! Hope it's wonderful! :santa:

Thanks! We had a great Christmas...hope you did too!

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!! :santa:

Thank you! We did, albeit a very rainy one...Hope you guys had a great Christmas as well....:goodvibes

Happy back to the real-world Monday! I have mixed feelings on being back at work after such a long and wonderful Christmas weekend. The only plus being that I do like me some schedules. We had a great Christmas. We are very blessed. Our celebrations began Wednesday night and continued on through Saturday. We got to spend time with all our families and visit with some we don't get to see too often. And now that Christmas is over I can let you in on some other plans for our Disney World vacation that I've been dying to share, but couldn't because my DH, Max reads this and it was one of his gifts. :) (Hi!) ......................................................................................................

On our pool day we will be going to the Walt Disney World Speedway while Max participates in the Richard Petty Rookie Driving Experience! :dance3:

So, let me know what you know about this. I've done a bit of research, but only know the basics. Have any of you done this? I'm so excited for him...he's been wanting to do this for a long time. We'll be going too, because we want to watch him drive. I've read that it takes about 3 hours. I'm wondering what we'll do while we wait. I'm sure the kids will have their Nintendo DSs, but don't think that will occupy our whole time. I can't wait!

And no more plans on the ADR front. I'm laughing at myself for underestimating my planning abilities. I'd always heard a drawback to the dining plan was having to plan so extensively, but never really stopped to think about that much. But, you really do need to know which park you'll be in for your TS meal each day, now don't you?!? Here's what is holding me up:
1. We still need a Hollywood Studios TS and an Animal Kingdom one. We're thinking about Yak & Yeti for Animal Kingdom. Is the Hollywood Brown Derby good? How about Mama Melrose? We've done Sci-Fi Drive-in, which Max didn't care for (something about having to watch the same thing over & over...:laughing:) and 50's Primetime, which I didn't care for. Or we've talked about going to have dinner at the Boardwalk that night...

2. On our Tuesday with no EEMH I don't even know where we'll be.

When I number them out that way, it's not much, but in my head it sure is! :lmao:

I hope you guys all have a Happy New Year filled with Disney Magic! :wizard:

I know what you mean about going back to work. I have off this week, so next Monday is going to suck!

YAY for DH getting the driving experience. I have never done it or known someone who has done it, so I can't give you any info. However, I look forward to hearing about it when you return!

Maybe for your ADRs on your AK and DHS day you could dine at a resort. Sanaa at Kidani Village/AKV is a really great choice. Like you said, you could always eat at the Boardwalk. I have heard a lot of great things about the Brown Derby, but I normally leave DHS to eat.

We are doing Mama Melrose for our TS at HS--including the Fantasmic package. I really didn't want to use 2 TS credits on Brown Derby. The day we go to AK we will be eating dinner at O'hana.

Just wanted to say hello! I am in the middle of planning my baby's first Disney trip! We are going in June.

We ate at the Yak and Yeti on our last trip and I really enjoyed it! We did the counter service and the food was wonderful and huge portions. It was also nice because it was different food options than you typically see for counter service meals.

Happy New Year!

:goodvibesHi there! What a great present you've given your husband. We haven't done it personally but my boss did it and he LOVED it! He was in the best mood for an entire week and all he could do was jabber about his experience. If your DH loves Nascar and/or racing...he will enjoy it. My boss is already planning on going back.

As for TS at DHS, I always skip a meal there. I've seen and heard many not so great reviews about the Brown Derby (and it require's 2 TS), we weren't crazy about Sci-Fi either and the Prime Time doesn't appeal because I don't think Joe would like someone fussing at him. :rotfl: I would probably give Melrose a try but it just never works into my schedule just right....

As for TS at AK, I've never eaten there either (there are so many awesome choices at the resorts and EPCOT that I usually eat there). I do have Yak and Yeti & a breakfast at Tusker House planned and I've read lots of great reviews. I guess we'll find out together on Yak and Yeti if you go that route.

I'm a whole lot of help huh...:rotfl2:

I know what you mean about going back to work. I have off this week, so next Monday is going to suck!

YAY for DH getting the driving experience. I have never done it or known someone who has done it, so I can't give you any info. However, I look forward to hearing about it when you return!

Maybe for your ADRs on your AK and DHS day you could dine at a resort. Sanaa at Kidani Village/AKV is a really great choice. Like you said, you could always eat at the Boardwalk. I have heard a lot of great things about the Brown Derby, but I normally leave DHS to eat.

He is very excited about it! We'll probably end up leaving to eat...hopefully we'll discuss it some tonight...

We are doing Mama Melrose for our TS at HS--including the Fantasmic package. I really didn't want to use 2 TS credits on Brown Derby. The day we go to AK we will be eating dinner at O'hana.

Yikes! I must not have noticed Brown Derby takes 2 TS credits. That's a no, then! We have only seen Fantasmic once, but it was great. We're not going this time, though.

Just wanted to say hello! I am in the middle of planning my baby's first Disney trip! We are going in June.

We ate at the Yak and Yeti on our last trip and I really enjoyed it! We did the counter service and the food was wonderful and huge portions. It was also nice because it was different food options than you typically see for counter service meals.

Happy New Year!

Hi! Thanks for stopping in...how old is your baby? You can plan along, too...we'll be there for the very 1st part of June. I'm thinking we'll do Yak & Yeti, I just have to make the ADR now. Happy New Year to you, too! :wizard:

:goodvibesHi there! What a great present you've given your husband. We haven't done it personally but my boss did it and he LOVED it! He was in the best mood for an entire week and all he could do was jabber about his experience. If your DH loves Nascar and/or racing...he will enjoy it. My boss is already planning on going back.

As for TS at DHS, I always skip a meal there. I've seen and heard many not so great reviews about the Brown Derby (and it require's 2 TS), we weren't crazy about Sci-Fi either and the Prime Time doesn't appeal because I don't think Joe would like someone fussing at him. :rotfl: I would probably give Melrose a try but it just never works into my schedule just right....

As for TS at AK, I've never eaten there either (there are so many awesome choices at the resorts and EPCOT that I usually eat there). I do have Yak and Yeti & a breakfast at Tusker House planned and I've read lots of great reviews. I guess we'll find out together on Yak and Yeti if you go that route.

I'm a whole lot of help huh...:rotfl2:

DH doesn't show excitement well. Holding in those feminine squeals, I'm guessing! :confused3 But I know he is excited about it.

Our Prime Time experience was not what it should have been, plus the food wasn't that great...no desires to go back.

I'm thinking we'll find out together about Yak & Yeti. :goodvibes

Hi! Thanks for stopping in...how old is your baby? You can plan along, too...we'll be there for the very 1st part of June. I'm thinking we'll do Yak & Yeti, I just have to make the ADR now. Happy New Year to you, too! :wizard:

My baby is almost 8 months...he will be 13 months when we go on our trip in June! Yak and Yeti also has a counter service. I think we are going to do that on our trip as we already have all our ADRs made.:woohoo:

Check-in day (Thursday): We usually do Downtown Disney for lunch and/or dinner. Earl of Sandwich is most likely our lunch choice. I think it's on the dining plan, but I don't know if it's TS or CS.

Earl of Sandwich is CS.

Saturday: We're doing our pool day this day. We've got a 7:00 pm ADR for Boma! We'll do CS at the 'food court' for lunch.

Yummy!!!!

Sunday: MK EEMH. We've got an ADR for lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table! :dance3: I'm so excited about this! We used to eat lunch here before they uped the prices & added characters. I've missed that bread! We'll probably grab dinner at Columbia Harbor House that night, also a favorite of ours!

We are doing lunch at CRT too. :yay:

Monday: DHS has EEMH tonight, so we'll be there! Don't know about ADRs for this day--we don't really want any TS there...

We are going to try Sci-fi mostly for an air conditioned break but I haven't heard great things about any resturants at HS. Your kids are too old for Little Einsteins anyway but I would not recommend Hollywood and Vine.

Since you are going to use two credits for CRT, maybe you can skip a TS meal this day.

Tuesday: Tuesday is open to anything! No plans yet for this day.

Chef Mickey's????

Wednesday: Animal Kingdom EEMH tonight! We're thinking about Yak & Yeti.

Tusker House has a character meal breakfast. We are going to try it. I've heard great things about Yak & Yeti.

Check-out day (Thursday): We just go to Downtown Disney for last minute souvenirs & lunch before heading home on our check-out day. I wonder how many & what credits we'll have left...We usually do lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express.

You can spend the rest of your snack credits at Goofy's Candy Co.

Your husband sure is lucky! What a great Christmas present. We haven't done it so I can't help you out but I'm sure it will be a great experience.

My baby is almost 8 months...he will be 13 months when we go on our trip in June! Yak and Yeti also has a counter service. I think we are going to do that on our trip as we already have all our ADRs made.:woohoo:

He will have so much fun! My DS was 17 months on his 1st trip. He may not remember it, but he had fun while we were there, and we made some great memories!

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Earl of Sandwich is CS.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yummy!!!!

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We are doing lunch at CRT too. :yay:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We are going to try Sci-fi mostly for an air conditioned break but I haven't heard great things about any resturants at HS. Your kids are too old for Little Einsteins anyway but I would not recommend Hollywood and Vine.

Since you are going to use two credits for CRT, maybe you can skip a TS meal this day.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Chef Mickey's????

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Tusker House has a character meal breakfast. We are going to try it. I've heard great things about Yak & Yeti.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

You can spend the rest of your snack credits at Goofy's Candy Co.

Your husband sure is lucky! What a great Christmas present. We haven't done it so I can't help you out but I'm sure it will be a great experience.

Thanks for all the info! Good to know about Earl of Sandwich. And I had forgotten that we'd be one less TS from CRT...so we're just doing CS on our HS day...I like the CS places there anyway...:scared1: Can't wait for CRT by the way! :goodvibes We've got the rest of our ADRs made: update to follow! I hope we have snack credits left to spend at Goofy's, sounds yummy!

Good morning! :goodvibes I am not writing to you from my desk at work, however....we are having a real life, honest to goodness, SNOW DAY! :dance3: The kids were supposed to start back to school today, but instead we are preparing to go outside and have some fun....

185.jpg

We woke up yesterday in disbelief that it had snowed. It quit for a while, but around 1:00 or so it started again and kept right on. Now, I live in Arkansas, so all you people from places where it really snows are surely laughing at me right now. :laughing: It's not a lot, but it's enough. Here are a couple more shots of it. The first one is from last night, the rest are from this morning when our poor dog had to go out to potty.

179.jpg

181.jpg

182.jpg

184.jpg

It was also snowing this morning, up until I just looked out the window. Oh well, it's still on the ground & we're going to take advantage of it. I'll update later, too, because we finally made the last of our ADRs & dining decisions. I also have to show you one of my Christmas presents.....! :)

Oh, here is what Christmas Day looked like:

161.jpg

163.jpg

And that was after the water went down. That highway was closed the night before--we had a long trek home that night. That "lake" is normally just a field. :goodvibes

Ok, I'm going now....hope you all have a great day!

Oh wow!! Look at the snow!! I know exactly what you mean about the snow--that's a BIG deal around here!! We're supposed to get snow on Wed/Thurs here in Memphis but we'll see--it always seems to skip over us! That flooding on Christmas Day is insane! YIKES!

Oh wow!! Look at the snow!! I know exactly what you mean about the snow--that's a BIG deal around here!! We're supposed to get snow on Wed/Thurs here in Memphis but we'll see--it always seems to skip over us! That flooding on Christmas Day is insane! YIKES!

Had lots of friends & family in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl over the weekend. I can't believe the Hogs won! :scared1:

They are saying the same here: snow on Thursday. We'll see....I don't want too many snow days, I'd hate to take the kids out of school to go to Disney World! :goodvibes Seriously.

Ah, the snow was fun, but it's mostly gone now. Wasn't too great for making snowmen...but snow + snow pants = really fast slide!

On to plans!

We made the last of our ADRs so here is our schedule:

May 27/Thursday
Check In
Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
Downtown Disney/Pool/Explore Bay Lake Tower!!!
Dinner at The Wave

May 28/Friday
CS somewhere in Epcot for lunch...I'm thinking/hoping for Sunshine Seasons
Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh
We may go back to the room sometime...we may decide to go to Magic Kingdom that morning...but we'll be at Epcot for EEMH.

May 29/Saturday
This is our pool day/Richard Petty Driving Experience day!!
CS for lunch, but who knows where?!?
Dinner at Boma

May 30/Sunday
Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table!
CS for Dinner, probably Columbia Harbor House

May 31/Monday
CS for lunch
Dinner at Yak & Yeti -- we decided to give it a try!

June 1/Tuesday
Lunch at Kona Cafe -- after reading someone's TR review on this & being at the Poly last summer I had to try Kona!
Dinner CS

June 2/Wednesday
Forgetting we wouldn't have any TS left, earlier, I now don't have to worry about a TS at HS. We'll do CS here, luckily I like them! ABC Commissary, Backlot Express or Pizza Planet.

We're also going to squeeze in a Star Wars Weekends visit probably Friday morning...

..............and, inspired by several DISers, for Christmas I got a Vera Bradley hipster from Max!

170.jpg

I can't wait to use it at Disney World!!! :goodvibes

I'm sooooo jealous of your snow! We live in Ga so are lucky to get a dusting once a year. We do have a 20% chance of a quarter inch of snow on Thurs. night that will melt by noon Friday. So everyone is freaking out here. The bread and milk isles of the grocery stores will be empty by tomorrow. :rotfl2:

Your ADRs sound great. We were disappointed with the ABC Commissary at HS. The Backlot Express wasn't bad and they had a decent selection.

Had lots of friends & family in Memphis for the Liberty Bowl over the weekend. I can't believe the Hogs won! :scared1:

They are saying the same here: snow on Thursday. We'll see....I don't want too many snow days, I'd hate to take the kids out of school to go to Disney World! :goodvibes Seriously.

I bet you were happy that the Hogs won!! We're looking forward to the BIG game on Thursday night!! ROLL TIDE!!

I know what you mean--I would hate for Ally to have to miss school but we're leaving the day after she gets out no matter what!! Hee hee!! :goodvibes No turning back now!! When is the last day of school where you are? It's May 21st here!

It looks like we'll both be in Epcot the same day (Friday, May 28th)!!

Love the snow pics. They're calling for snow here this week, but I'm not getting excited about it yet. I will believe it when I see it. We get out of school on the 19th. A day or two won't be too bad for us.

Love your hipster! I use the VB backpack. Keeps the hands free for wrangling little ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter