• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked my home e-mail... No word for us yet!

CONGRATS to everyone who is in!!!

Woke up at 12:45 am; 1:30 am; 2:15 am; 3:30 am and at 4:15 am (mountain standard time) decided to get up and get ready for work. Got here at 5:30 am, programmed my work phone to DVC on the 800 number and my cell phone on the 407 number, got on the DCL website and then started speed dialing at 5:50 am

Figured Tom McAlpin and all the Disney execs are just sitting back laughing at us.

Got DVC to answer at 5:58 am. Had all my information ready, they put me on hold at 6:05 am, called DCL and at 6:20 am I hung up with confirmation number, stateroom #6567 for Robert and I and $75.00 on my credit card for the exchange fee!

Now, for the countdown! (But I've got the 11 day in September, and the DVC owners in October before this one!)

Linda

seaulater said:
Woke up at 12:45 am; 1:30 am; 2:15 am; 3:30 am and at 4:15 am (mountain standard time) decided to get up and get ready for work. Got here at 5:30 am, programmed my work phone to DVC on the 800 number and my cell phone on the 407 number, got on the DCL website and then started speed dialing at 5:50 am

Figured Tom McAlpin and all the Disney execs are just sitting back laughing at us.

Got DVC to answer at 5:58 am. Had all my information ready, they put me on hold at 6:05 am, called DCL and at 6:20 am I hung up with confirmation number, stateroom #6567 for Robert and I and $75.00 on my credit card for the exchange fee!

Now, for the countdown! (But I've got the 11 day in September, and the DVC owners in October before this one!)

Linda

I let the TA's fingers do the walking and got #6631...Soon to be upgraded to Cash and Little Bee's verandah...when the dust settles...
pirate:

This is so great having familiar faces on another repo cruise! :banana:

videogal1 said:
YAYYY!

Cash, Little Bee and I are IN! :thumbsup2

Now to find another single woman to share the space....

Great Linda, we are looking forward to seeing you and cash again. Another repo cruise...yipeee!

We're in. It will be me, DH, and 2 boys who will be 3 and 7. We got a Cat 3 with a connecting 4 for my in-laws. Never done a Cat 3 -- now we're afraid we'll get spoiled. We, too, were on the Panama canal repo cruise to CA and we know this one will be awesome!

maleficent1959 said:
We're in. It will be me, DH, and 2 boys who will be 3 and 7. We got a Cat 3 with a connecting 4 for my in-laws. Never done a Cat 3 -- now we're afraid we'll get spoiled. We, too, were on the Panama canal repo cruise to CA and we know this one will be awesome!
We did a Cat 3 last December on the Eastern, I am sssoooo spoiled. We ate at Palo, I don't know how many times, they made personalized color books for the girls, a treat every afternoon and we even had a DIS meet party in there!! But, in order to cruise more often I have to cut corners. We are cruising this December in a 9 and then the repo in an 11....

DW Shari (spros) and I will be on board! Cat 11 on deck 6.

Ken

lillygator said:
... But, in order to cruise more often I have to cut corners. We are cruising this December in a 9 and then the repo in an 11....

Don't I know it. I told my family last night it's going to be ramen and Walmart brand macaroni and cheese for a year! LOL

Posted earlier on another thread:
Hi everyone,
After a very long phone wait (1:15min.), we booked online and then got all the details we wanted taken care of over the phone. We were lucky to get the Transatlantic 5/12 then the 11 night med. with the rooms we wanted. Is anyone else doing both cruises? We wanted to make this the big trip before our DD heads off to Kindergarten. I'm curious how many others are able to do a May trip before school is out? I heard that the Panama repo in May was not as crowded as the August - anyone know if that is true? Hope to see you there and we can't wait to eat the food in France and Italy - good thing the gym was expanded!

kpros said:
DW Shari (spros) and I will be on board! Cat 11 on deck 6.

Ken

Y A Y Y Y , M ORE R E P O CRUISERS !

EEK, We've been moved already...to # 7631 and are still waiting for a verandah upgrade for Cash (and maybe Little Bee, too) :cheer2: :cheer2:

Welcome Everyone!!!

Lillygator, I have to ask, is "Lillygator" also your eBay username? I'm a big Lilly fan too.

maleficent1959, We'll be in 8032. It will be our first time in a suite so we're very excited. Our DS will be 8 when we sail next year so we'll have to introduce our boys.

milestogo, We're doing the 26 May cruise also. I refuse to gain weight during 25 days on the Magic. I'll be in the gym every morning and walking the deck after dinner every evening.

Videogal1, Please tell us about Cash and Little Bee.

milestogo said:
Posted earlier on another thread:
Hi everyone,
I heard that the Panama repo in May was not as crowded as the August - anyone know if that is true? Hope to see you there and we can't wait to eat the food in France and Italy - good thing the gym was expanded!

Hi Miles...The May repo cruise was great kid-wise...except for a few lingerers in the stairwell outside my stateroom, things went on as though they weren't there...I noticed that many of the activities, like the ongoing mystery game, BINGO, and the theater were, by and large adult activities...Also, I wasn't bothered too often by kids wanting to ambush Cash... I was on the first 10-day holiday cruise and that's wat I'm comparing it to...LOTS of kids on that one...
Yes, France...I think I'll maybe take a train to Paris and visit DLP again....It depends on how many Service Dogs I have with me...

We booked today! :Pinkbounc

Got on the phone just before 8 am and by 8:25 mom and I were booked in Cat 8 Deck 7 Room 7510!

Had some problems with the website, so I was glad to have been on hold.

In a few days I should have a webpage up that we can use for a cruise roster. I will let you all know when it is up! At that time I will give the directions on how to get the info to me.

:woohoo: Now I have to change my countdown timer!

Debbie

littleowensmommy said:
Welcome Everyone!!!

Videogal1, Please tell us about Cash and Little Bee.

Cash and Little Bee are my Service dog and Service dog in training. Cash has developed arthritis in his hips and, as Service Dogs usually retire around age 9, he's starting to, at age 7, slow down a little. I've just gotten Little Bee and will begin her basic obedience training at the end of the month. She won't be ready to help me walk, or take over for Cash, by the time of the cruise but she may be able to haul the luggage cart which would be very useful since I can no longer carry heavy things very well...Whether or not she comes on the cruise will depend on how ready she is and whether or not I can figure out how to fly alone to Orlando from Texas, then back to the U.S. with two big dogs at my feet..
This will be SO much fun! We are going to have a ball!
:love:

nope - not my ebay name! Mine does have gator in it though! :) Ya know I love the Gators!!! :)

What does everyone think the airfare is going to be? My TA thought around $700....but I am thinking more like $1300....I wish we could know now...I really don't want to pay that much for airfare!!

Miestogo, Our DD will be 5 when we sail. I count 4 little girls all about the same age.

Lillygator, How old are your girls?

Videogal1, We look forward to meeting you and Cash and Little Bee. I'll make sure I have a talk with my 2 little dog lovers so they don't bother the dogs while they're working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter