• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we have main seating. I sure hope DCL has done away with the "staggered" times though. 5:30 pm just seems like it would be way too rushed to get to dinner.

littleowensmommy...no kids of any age can be left in the club or lab the first night....i think it is silly too for the older kids.....i do not know why they are doing this...maybe they will get alot of neg feedback and not be doing it by the time we cruise!

i wonder if we will be like the panama may repo that had very few kids going....we are bring our oldest son and daughter....they will be 13 and 7 when we sail....

i almost forgot to tell you.....

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo! :wizard:

APRIL FOOLS!!!!! :rotfl2:

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo!

I hope not! Congratulations!!! We'll be neighbors!

txaggie94gigem said:

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo! :wizard:

Party is in your Room then!

:thumbsup2

j

txaggie94gigem said:
i saw some of you post on another thread wondering what "open house" was in the kids clubs....

a few months ago they started a policy that the first night onboard no children could be left unattended in the kids clubs (cheri - this was the "club" the poster was referring to when he talked about leaving his kids "alone" when he was a repeat cruiser)...many of us are upset because that essentially means no adult time, no late shows, no palo, no spa that first day....you can take your kids to the kids clubs to sign them up and get the beeper and show them around but you may not leave them....i personally do not agree with this policy but apparently they had problems with separation anxiety between parents and some children and implemented this policy to allieve it....

here is the big problem we will run into....the next day after departure we will be at castaway cay....so kids that had barely met the couselors on board will now be spending their first time with them not on the boat, where the parents showed them the night before, but instead on the island, in a totally new environment so i do not see all the benefits....some kids are just not going to like being left, whether it is the first night or third day....i know all kids are different but in my case, my kids cried when we picked them up so they are very disappointed to learn that they cannot spend free time in the clubs the first night.....sorry for the off topic :offtopic:

The only separation anxiety our DD had when she was younger was the fact that we were picking her up to take her out of the club to go to dinner and shows!

That's what they issue beepers for. If there is a separation anxiety problem, beep the parents! I don't see this as a big issue with the majority of the kids. Hopefully, for those that have kids still that age, they will have fixed by our cruise.

Our only problem now is getting DD out of the teen club!

Linda

txaggie94gigem said:
i saw some of you post on another thread wondering what "open house" was in the kids clubs....

a few months ago they started a policy that the first night onboard no children could be left unattended in the kids clubs (cheri - this was the "club" the poster was referring to when he talked about leaving his kids "alone" when he was a repeat cruiser)...many of us are upset because that essentially means no adult time, no late shows, no palo, no spa that first day....you can take your kids to the kids clubs to sign them up and get the beeper and show them around but you may not leave them....i personally do not agree with this policy but apparently they had problems with separation anxiety between parents and some children and implemented this policy to allieve it....

here is the big problem we will run into....the next day after departure we will be at castaway cay....so kids that had barely met the couselors on board will now be spending their first time with them not on the boat, where the parents showed them the night before, but instead on the island, in a totally new environment so i do not see all the benefits....some kids are just not going to like being left, whether it is the first night or third day....i know all kids are different but in my case, my kids cried when we picked them up so they are very disappointed to learn that they cannot spend free time in the clubs the first night.....sorry for the off topic :offtopic:

huh.
good thing my DD knows the Magic like the back of her hand. She'll generally make herself at "Home".

I understand the concept (not really,) but... no likey. Most cruisers are "repeaters". Parents want the adult time - and kids want the KID (read: no parents) time.

Time to go post on the "If the Disney people are reading what do you want them to know" thread ...

(one more thing... you guys are already on page 5. By next year you're gonna be on 1005 :rotfl2: - and my friends bailed on the Med trip, so I'm gonna need CACruisin' back :rolleyes1 )

Soccermom-Cheri said:
and my friends bailed on the Med trip, so I'm gonna need CACruisin' back :rolleyes1 )

Now you have to come join the May repo cruise!

Helo all! We are supposed to be skiing for the next two weeks of Spring Break, but there is ANOTHER storm coming in tomorrow! Maybe we will get up to the cabin before it hits or otherwise we will have to wait until Tuesday to go up. I've been telling my kids about Spring Skiing in shirt sleeves, and instead we will have another 3 feet of fresh powder - Sheesh! My parents two story cabin is a "a bump in the snow" according to dad. Luckily they are up there now "digging it out" for the girls and me. :banana: What good parents I have!

Anyway, when we do get up there (between storms!) I will be offline since there is no internet (or cable or even TV for that matter!) at their cabin. So good luck to everyone on tuesday. pixiedust: Hopefully there will be many new May repo members!

Looks like the storm has slowed up a bit, so we are headed up the mountain in a couple of hours and will then "wait out" the storm from the cabin. Should get a few days of good skiing in before the next storm comes through next Sunday. Kirkwood resort has a +35 foot base with more to come! Message to the weather gods: "the Sierra's have plenty of snow for the season now - enough already!"

See you all next week!

I'm a Squaw Valley gal! We love Spring skiing in the Sierra cement. We take off Thursday for Florida...a few days at Vero Beach and a few Days at WDW. We're had a DIS reunion with a couple of the families that we cruised with last summer at WDW on 12 April.

i convinced my hubby to let us have a suite and we just booked the Walt Suite, cat 1 for the repo!

APRIL FOOLS!!! :rotfl2:

i just had to tease.....i wish it was really true but alas we are in stateroom 5013, a cat 11 (not cat 1) :cheer2:

Okay Help - I would LIKE to be a part of this thread. What is Inventory Control, what is TA, what is the official/unofficial list? How is everyone booked before tomorrow?

pixie3 said:
Okay Help - I would LIKE to be a part of this thread. What is Inventory Control, what is TA, what is the official/unofficial list? How is everyone booked before tomorrow?

TA is travel agent. DU is Dreams Unlimited. As best I understand, the inventory control and official/unofficial list involved a pre-announcement list of people who stated they were interested in any new cruises in 2007. The list started many months ago, and was then apparently "closed" by DCL as rumors of the new cruises started and the list started to swell. Almost all of these people book the cat. 1-3 rooms and seem to be frequent cruisers. Yhere should be plenty of room for everyone who wants to sail on the repo cruise if you call the first day for booking. Alex

Thank you so much First Timers. I'm clear now hopefully I will get good news tomorrow. :cool1:

Got an Email from my TA an hour ago. We're booked!
:cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :yay:

P.S. All cat 3's are booked. So we got a cat 6 midship which is what we had originally requested. The cat 3 was just a crazy dream that I was somehow able to convince my DH to share.

Hi Everyone,

We (Bob my hubby and Cheryl-me) are joining you on the May transatlantic.
Had no trouble making the reservation this morning via DCL website just a little after 8 (when I couldn't get through on phone lines.. :rotfl2: ). Got the lowest tier pricing for the two of us and we are both very excited.

We did the 14 night Panama, taking her to CA, and we have done the 7 night western and a quickie 3 night on the wonder. We are doing the 11 night southern caribbean this fall. :banana:

Can't wait to see some of you again, and meet the rest of you for the 1st time.

So..this party has officially started! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Hi all!!! I'll have to go back and read all 6 pages later, but the Royal Carlin family will be joining you!!

Me, Charming and our two princesses!!

This is so exciting...not sure of the cabin or anything yet, my TA is going to call me back with all the details!

YAYYY!

Cash, Little Bee and I are IN! :thumbsup2

Now to find another single woman to share the space....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter