May 12, 2007 -- Taking the Magic to the Mediterranean -- 14 day Repo Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent all day Saturday at Legoland. It is great with the little kids and my older two had fun doing the Mindstorms (computer controlled Lego) stuff this time.

It has been so dang cold here that the flowers are only just starting to come out. There is another storm coming in tonight. I am ready for Spring now!

So how many people are on DCL's unofficial waitlist that supposedly doesn't exist? I was so excited to get a call last week confirming all my information. Now this week I am just waiting/ hoping DCL calls with actual booking info .... :surfweb:

We are not on the official/unofficial waitlist, but I do have a request in for DU. :woohoo: :yay:

seaulater said:
Yeah! See Ken and Shari will be on this one along with a bunch of other PC westbounders. I'm sure they will all start posting once they get the reservation made. Linda

Hey Linda. We'll be there with you as well. Still trying to keep up with all the firsts, but running out of room on the shirt. We may have to get creative. We just returned from a week in Rome and a week in Paris (35th anniversary), hopefully we can give some insight to Rome excersions when they are announced. See you in Sept. on the Wonder. :banana: :banana: Alex and Carolyn

So you did b2b repo/western cruises! How was it being on the ship for 3 weeks? Did you stay in the same stateroom for both cruises? Did you keep the same servers at dinner? So many questions...Are you planning b2b cruises for next year too? We're booking the same cat 6 cabin for both of our cruises. I'm sure it's going to feel pretty small after a while but a cat 4 would be about $2000 more so we'll stick with the cat 6 and hope for an upgrade. (We've been upgraded to cat 4 on our last 2 cruises that we've booked as cat 6.) We're planning on early seating for dinner during the repo and late seating during the Med cruise.

Kathy

first timers said:
Hey Linda. We'll be there with you as well. Still trying to keep up with all the firsts, but running out of room on the shirt. We may have to get creative. We just returned from a week in Rome and a week in Paris (35th anniversary), hopefully we can give some insight to Rome excersions when they are announced. See you in Sept. on the Wonder. :banana: :banana: Alex and Carolyn

Glad to see you are back safe and sound. Shari has been keeping me updated on your travels! Happy belated anniversary! What did you think of DL Paris? Our favorite was Space Mountain, but I have to say I only did it once, it was a little too much for my stomach to handle!

Can't wait for our cruise. Talk to you soon.

Linda

I see that DU is now offering a shipboard credit for the repo and med cruises. Does that mean these cruises aren't generating much interest?

We are OFFICIALLY booked!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

DCL called this morning while I was out. It took awhile to get through when I got home, but it is official -- We are on the ship with a room assignment and everything!!!!!

Our first cruise was in a Cat 3. We are taking a MAJOR step down to a cat 11 deck 7 aft for this cruise. ugh. I hope I don't regret that decision, but this 14-day cruise costs less than half of what our 7 day Mexico cruise cost. ... That is a whole lotta spa time in my mind!

seaulater said:
Yeah! See Ken and Shari will be on this one along with a bunch of other PC westbounders. I'm sure they will all start posting once they get the reservation made.

Linda

Guess who else.... pirate: plus
:dog2: and maybe :dog:, if his training has advanced that far...

I got the call from my TA this afternoon. The prices were higher than I expected. DCL's price for the children was much higher than the lowest rate listed on their website.

videogal1 said:
Guess who else.... pirate: plus
:dog2: and maybe :dog:, if her training has advanced that far...

We are looking forward to meeting you and Cash and :dog: too!

CACruisin' said:
We are OFFICIALLY booked!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

DCL called this morning while I was out. It took awhile to get through when I got home, but it is official -- We are on the ship with a room assignment and everything!!!!!

Our first cruise was in a Cat 3. We are taking a MAJOR step down to a cat 11 deck 7 aft for this cruise. ugh. I hope I don't regret that decision, but this 14-day cruise costs less than half of what our 7 day Mexico cruise cost. ... That is a whole lotta spa time and in my mind!

So what is the price for the category 11 and how much for port charges and taxes, oh...and were they able to tell you anything yet for airfare addon?

Linda

CACruisin' said:
We are looking forward to meeting you and Cash and :dog: too!

Thank you! I've had to cancel four cruises (one RCCI transatlantic and three back-to-back-to back December '06 cruises) this year...I've got my fingers crossed (and am teaching Cash how to cross his) that Mom will stay healthy and next month's trip to California to help her will be the last for a while and I'll actually be able to do the eastward transatlantic repo in '07....!
:lovestruc

We were able to transfer an existing reservation and get our 10% discount and $250 stateroom credit. I generally do the insurance separately to cover my whole trip, not just the cruise. Not sure what to do about the transfers on this trip. More research required .....

I was told air add on was not yet available. I have been pricing open jaw flights for May 2006. Yikes!! The best I have gotten is $1670/pp. That is nearly as much as the cruise itself! Hopefully, Delta will hang in there. I would like to use DH's FF miles for these tickets, if I can.

videogal1 said:
Thank you! I've had to cancel four cruises (one RCCI transatlantic and three back-to-back-to back December '06 cruises) this year...I've got my fingers crossed (and am teaching Cash how to cross his) that Mom will stay healthy and next month's trip to California to help her will be the last for a while and I'll actually be able to do the eastward transatlantic repo in '07....!
:lovestruc

Here's pixiedust: that you will be on the May 2007 repo cruise!

littleowensmommy said:
My TA told me that DCL would have info on the air add-on on 4 April. R/T transfers are $50/person.

Thanks!

CACruisin' said:
We were able to transfer an existing reservation and get our 10% discount and $250 stateroom credit. Cat 11: $4894.80 : 2 Adults, 1 child; no insurance or transfers (I think?). I generally do the insurance separately to cover my whole trip, not just the cruise. Not sure what to do about the transfers on this trip. More research required .....

I was told air add on was not yet available. I have been pricing open jaw flights for May 2006. Yikes!! The best I have gotten is $1670/pp. That is nearly as much as the cruise itself! Hopefully, Delta will hang in there. I would like to use DH's FF miles for these tickets, if I can.

We are planning on using FF mileage with Delta also on an open jaw ticket. I need to mark my calendar 331 days out so I can call and book the first day. 50,000 miles each is what they have already told me at Delta. No problem there, I've got plenty of miles!

seaulater said:
We are planning on using FF mileage with Delta also on an open jaw ticket. I need to mark my calendar 331 days out so I can call and book the first day. 50,000 miles each is what they have already told me at Delta. No problem there, I've got plenty of miles!

Us too. It is the one perk of DH travelling all the time. His miles are MINE!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

i have not yet heard from inventory control....i ope they call me soon....i was just waiting for a cat 11 so i hope they are not all gone...DCL please call!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter