*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Thanks for your reply! Single rider is not an option for this one as we’ll be riding with my 6 year old (and maybe 2 year old if he grows a tiny bit taller in the next month!) we hope to use rider switch though. Thanks for confirming that the Maxpass and paper FP are the same return times- ill keep an eye on the return times on the app and when it gets close to 5pm return times I might dash across the park to try and get a paper FP. It seems like this happens pretty early in the day though so with any luck if we get a Toy Story FP and use it pretty promptly I’ll be open to get the RSR one before they run out!
If you’re there for rope drop and grab TSMM first, it should have an early enough return time for you to grab RSR without a problem. While TSMM is the second-most-popular DCA FP, return times at park opening are almost never more than an hour out, which is fine for grabbing RSR even on a crowded day.

Okay one more question - out of interest what happens when you get to the top of the lines?

Ie does the cast member put one party from fastpass line onto ride and then alternate with one party from the standby line? Does it differ from ride to ride and depend on demand?

Can you buy Maxpass for just one day at a time with an AP or do you need to purchase for the life of the pass? Thank you.

Just confirming, I can buy it the morning that we go to the parks on the app? As long as the app shows us at the park?
Yup! You can buy it as soon as you’re scanned in. If you have a credit card added to your Disney account, it will go quicker (it will still prompt you to put in the security code, FYI).

Ok, so I know the old Photo Pass system was based off when you uploaded your photo card and not when the photos were actually taken. So curious about something with the new Max Pass system and hoping someone on here has tried this.

We are currently on Day 2 in the parks. Yesterday was Day 1 and we took advantage of the Max Pass, today we did not. We will be using it on Saturday though for our third and final day. We've taken a few photos with the Disney photographers today and had them link them to a photo card.

Does anyone know if I post today's card on Saturday, will it give me access to the photos? Or if I post them to my account today would I get the access since I had access to the others?? What have others done when here multi days but not using Max Pass every day?

I have used Maxpass before but just for myself. This upcoming trip next week I'll have my husband and daughter with me. My daughter doesn't have a phone (she's 10). Do I make all the reservations on my phone? Do I have the family on my app or does my husband do his separately? If one person wants to do something different, can we have two different types within the family or must we all have the same fastpasses at the same time? Thanks in advance!

Any phone linked to the Disneyland app can make FP's. Once booked the other phone will show the reservations. In our case my wife, son and I went on a lot of the same rides but sometimes my son would book a different ride FP. When you select a ride you will also select who wants to go on that ride you can include or exclude as you choose. As you approach the FP stand you swipe to change the barcode from one person to the next. You can leave your phone in the reader and swipe.

As the PP said, as long as you scan your ticket, your daughter's ticket, and your husband's ticket into your Disneyland App account, you can make FP reservations for all of them. You can also scan everyone's ticket into your husband's account so that he can also make FP reservations for everyone as well. Tickets can be linked into more than one account.

When you go to make a FP reservation, you'll need to select which tickets you want to use (if if just for two of you, just select the two tickets that correspond the two of you that want to get a FP together). The system will then check to make sure they're eligible and if so, you'll proceed to the screen where you can select a park and then it'll show you the available FPs for your party size and the available time. You can repeat the process for the others in your group that wanted to do something different.

At the attraction, you can either redeem your FP using your app or your hard-ticket. So if you're daughter doesn't have the app and is on her own, she can still redeem her FP. She'll just need her park ticket.

Thank you! Jumping in here--can you please remind me how you scan someone's ticket into the App?

Open the Disneyland App and tap on the menu (three horizontal lines on the far right). Tap on "Tickets and Passes" and then tap on the plus sign in the upper right. Tap on "Link Tickets & Passes". From there you can either enter the ticket number or scan the bar code.

Another tip. I sign into my disney account on my phone but also on into my account on my DHs phone (he doesn‘t even have a Disney account since I usually book everything). That way any mobile food orders go to both of our phones in case one person orders but the other picks up the order. Obviously all FPs are on both phones that way too.

I also take a picture of the physical tickets as soon as they give them to us the first day. Then I text that to DH and DDs (who are old enough to have their own phones). This way, if DH and DD are in DCA, for example, and we have 4 FPs for GOTG, and other DD and I are in DL and aren’t interested in GOTG, they can scan in with our two tickets (photos of the tickets or via the FPs in the app). It seems redundant, but one time the app went down parkwide, so we could not access our FPs in the app. We were still able to use our FPs because we had paper tickets and because they had photos of our tickets (they wanted to use our GOTG FPs but we were at HMH, so they didn’t have our paper tickets to scan in as “us”). Hope this makes sense!

Thank you for the information! Do I have to pay for a Maxpass for each ticket or just per account? So will my family of four have to pay $15 each or just me?

Another tip. I sign into my disney account on my phone but also on into my account on my DHs phone (he doesn‘t even have a Disney account since I usually book everything). That way any mobile food orders go to both of our phones in case one person orders but the other picks up the order. Obviously all FPs are on both phones that way too.

Had to do that this summer. All of a sudden my screen went dark and I could not figure out why. Rebooted the phone a few times etc. Somehow the screen brightness got turned down while it was in my pocket. Have never had it happen before or after. Signed into my account on my DW's phone until i got it figured out. In the bright sun it looked my my screen was totally blank. When I found some shade I could see that it was on but very dim. I then realized it got turned down somehow. Ended up keeping my account signed in on her phone and it worked out as I went back to the room while my DW and DD had some mommy daughter time in the park together and they could get MP that way.

Thank you for the information! Do I have to pay for a Maxpass for each ticket or just per account? So will my family of four have to pay $15 each or just me?

If you want to make FastPasses for everyone using MaxPass everyone in your party will need it. If you only want it for pictures then only one person will need it and you will have to use that phone when scanning with a photographer.

Hi. I know you can buy MP with park tickets at the time you buy the tickets. And I know you can add MP to a ticket on the day you are at the park using a credit card after you go through the turnstile. But is there a way to add MP to a ticket ahead of time but after you have bought the ticket? Just to make it easier and not have to deal with the hassle and delay once you are in the park for the day.
Thanks!

I have heard that it's possible to add it at the ticket booths, but I don't know why you would. It takes only seconds on the app. Last time I visited the ticket booths I waited in line for 45 minutes, and that was at 8pm.

I have heard that it's possible to add it at the ticket booths, but I don't know why you would. It takes only seconds on the app. Last time I visited the ticket booths I waited in line for 45 minutes, and that was at 8pm.

Thanks. We had a real problem one day adding in the park but I think that was pretty early on. So it sounds like that was just bad luck. It’s good to know to stay away from the ticket booth!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter