*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

I didn't realize you could just use your park ticket.

Towards the end of the day my phone battery was getting low so I asked one of the photographers if I could have a photopass card to use. He told me to make sure to link it to my account as soon as possible in case I misplaced it (good advice). I was then able to just use that the rest of the time, instead of getting my phone out, to try to conserve my battery.

Nice to know I can just use my park ticket if I need to next time. I needed my phone to have enough charge to call an Uber at the end of the night!

I didn't realize you could just use your park ticket.

Towards the end of the day my phone battery was getting low so I asked one of the photographers if I could have a photopass card to use. He told me to make sure to link it to my account as soon as possible in case I misplaced it (good advice). I was then able to just use that the rest of the time, instead of getting my phone out, to try to conserve my battery.

Nice to know I can just use my park ticket if I need to next time. I needed my phone to have enough charge to call an Uber at the end of the night!

I'm pretty sure all tickets now have a QR code in the corner for Photopass.

Last year my family of 4 went to Disneyland and I loved the convenience of managing MaxPass on my phone. This year, my youngest does not want to ride certain rides, so I was thinking that we might split up so me and my oldest can ride those rides while my husband can take my youngest and do other stuff. My question is- if he had the Disneyland app on his phone, could we both link our tickets to the app and then he could get Maxpasses for just the two of them for rides they wanted, while I could get ones for rides we want? That would only be some of the time we are there, not the entire time.

You won't have any issues. Each time you book a FastPass you select each user and then select the ride. You can do it all on one phone or separate just make sure to select only the users that want to book that FP.

This is a great thread! It's been a few years since my family has been to the parks. Hoping to arrive no later than noon on our arrival day Thursday Dec 5. I've added maxpass to the tickets already as we will only have 2 day hoppers. Theoretically we should have a chance at some FP or am I being too optimistic?

This is a great thread! It's been a few years since my family has been to the parks. Hoping to arrive no later than noon on our arrival day Thursday Dec 5. I've added maxpass to the tickets already as we will only have 2 day hoppers. Theoretically we should have a chance at some FP or am I being too optimistic?
Oh, for sure there will be FPs - the headliners may be gone/late in the day by then, but the mid-level rides will be available, and don’t forget about cancellations for the big stuff!

If you were arriving at 5 or 6:00, I’d question adding Maxpass, but at noon on a two-day trip? It will be invaluable if you use it efficiently!

Oh, for sure there will be FPs - the headliners may be gone/late in the day by then, but the mid-level rides will be available, and don’t forget about cancellations for the big stuff!

If you were arriving at 5 or 6:00, I’d question adding Maxpass, but at noon on a two-day trip? It will be invaluable if you use it efficiently!

Thanks so much! We're only able to do 2 days but I'm happy to save myself some running by being able to manage it from my phone. As far as photos go, the Photopass people just scan the phone so they will be connected? There's going to be 9 of going on this trip.

Thanks so much! We're only able to do 2 days but I'm happy to save myself some running by being able to manage it from my phone. As far as photos go, the Photopass people just scan the phone so they will be connected? There's going to be 9 of going on this trip.
You can let everyone get their own photo pass cards or scan their tickets and scan those into the app.

Hello! My wife and I are heading to Disneyland for our first time the first weekend for November for 3 days. We have visited WDW and are experienced with their fastpass system and best way to get the most out of it, but what is the best strategies for Disneyland and DCA?

Any suggestions are welcomed!

It's not called FP+ at DLR. They have the paper FP machines, but what you want to get, IMO, is Maxpass. This is a way to get FPs with the Disneyland app on your phone the *day of* your visit and it's wonderful.

Does someone have the Maxpass thread handy?

Yes, sorry. Maxpass! I have already purchased it. Just got my lingo mixed up as I am used to speaking in WDW!

Yes! That is exactly what I needed! That is very helpful. There are a ton of videos on youtube for WDW about best strategy for FP's but not many on DL. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

Our plan is to have one day in DCA - and we’re not planning on getting maxpass on this day.

I’m trying to decide whether we should go get the FP from the kiosk for RSR first up (we plan on being there for ropedrop 8am) or go get FP for Toy Story midway mania and ride Emotional Whirlwind and Jessie’s carousel before heading to RSR.

I’d prefer to do RSR later in the day or dusk, but am also afraid of FP running out.

If I watch the FP available times on the Disneyland app- does this reflect the times available from the kiosk also?

Thanks!

Our plan is to have one day in DCA - and we’re not planning on getting maxpass on this day.

I’m trying to decide whether we should go get the FP from the kiosk for RSR first up (we plan on being there for ropedrop 8am) or go get FP for Toy Story midway mania and ride Emotional Whirlwind and Jessie’s carousel before heading to RSR.

I’d prefer to do RSR later in the day or dusk, but am also afraid of FP running out.

If I watch the FP available times on the Disneyland app- does this reflect the times available from the kiosk also?

Thanks!

Are you OK doing single rider for RSR? If so, you can forgo needing a FP. As RSR sits 3 across, the single rider line tends to go fairly quickly (many group are in even numbers). If not, keep an eye on the app. You are correct, the app lists the current return time for FPs. MaxPass and paper FP are the same return time. (However you can grab "cancellation" times with MaxPass, but since you're not getting MP don't worry about that part! :) )

Are you OK doing single rider for RSR? If so, you can forgo needing a FP. As RSR sits 3 across, the single rider line tends to go fairly quickly (many group are in even numbers). If not, keep an eye on the app. You are correct, the app lists the current return time for FPs. MaxPass and paper FP are the same return time. (However you can grab "cancellation" times with MaxPass, but since you're not getting MP don't worry about that part! :) )
Thanks for your reply! Single rider is not an option for this one as we’ll be riding with my 6 year old (and maybe 2 year old if he grows a tiny bit taller in the next month!) we hope to use rider switch though. Thanks for confirming that the Maxpass and paper FP are the same return times- ill keep an eye on the return times on the app and when it gets close to 5pm return times I might dash across the park to try and get a paper FP. It seems like this happens pretty early in the day though so with any luck if we get a Toy Story FP and use it pretty promptly I’ll be open to get the RSR one before they run out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter